PDA

View Full Version : Grandpa Semtex finally has his excuse to bin Campbell. :hehe:

Sir C
05-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Hating jews is fine but supporting Libdems is entirely beyond the pale, in Corbynland.

Both the Tories and Labour are thrashing around in their death throes, aren't they? If there was a general election tomorrow I honestly think I'd have to abstain. Farage's load of loonies clearly have no policies (and the maniac Widdecombe is amongst them) and I'm buggered if I'll vote liberal...

Ash
05-28-2019, 12:38 PM
I don't believe that Corbyn hates Jews. Certainly not as much as the average poster on here, for example.

That odious war-criminal Campbell can go straight to hell though, tbh.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 12:45 PM
I don't believe that Corbyn hates Jews. Certainly not as much as the average poster on here, for example.

He may not hate jews, but his best mates at Hamas certainly do. He may not hate gays, but his paymasters in Iran like throwing them off buildings. He may not hate liberal western democracy but he very much enjoyed the hospitality of the DDR and still has no problem addressing crowds of neo-communists.

What exactly is it that blinds apparently normal people to the evil of this twisted old man?

Sir C
05-28-2019, 12:47 PM

Where wre you based on this trip, btw?

I've got a place booked for the first week in July up the Duddon valley. Completely isolated on a fell. Fifteen minute drive up a dirt track to reach it from the road. :cloud9:

Ash
05-28-2019, 01:09 PM
He may not hate jews, but his best mates at Hamas certainly do. He may not hate gays, but his paymasters in Iran like throwing them off buildings. He may not hate liberal western democracy but he very much enjoyed the hospitality of the DDR and still has no problem addressing crowds of neo-communists.

What exactly is it that blinds apparently normal people to the evil of this twisted old man?

Are you sure the Iranians do that? I thought that was our chums in ISIS, who are paid by our even better chums Saudi Arabia.

Anyway, we all make errors of judgement from time to time.

Ash
05-28-2019, 01:12 PM

I've got a place booked for the first week in July up the Duddon valley. Completely isolated on a fell. Fifteen minute drive up a dirt track to reach it from the road. :cloud9:

Brothers Water Inn for three nights then Kings Head Thirlmere for three. Former was pretty basic but ok, and some nice local beers. Had a lovely room and good grub at the latter. Amazing weather, bagged about two sackfuls of peaks.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Are you sure the Iranians do that? I thought that was our chums in ISIS, who are paid by our even better chums Saudi Arabia.

Actually, I think you're right. I think the Iranians just hang them, so that's alright then. My mistake.

Ash
05-28-2019, 01:14 PM

Blimey, sounds a bit Withnail and I tbh.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 01:16 PM
Brothers Water Inn for three nights then Kings Head Thirlmere for three. Former was pretty basic but ok, and some nice local beers. Had a lovely room and good grub at the latter. Amazing weather, bagged about two sackfuls of peaks.

Yes, I saw your haul was quite spectacular, wd you (and n).

I went for lunch at the Brotherswater Inn in January and was confronted by a chap who looked like an extra from the Rocky Horror Show. Big hair, velvet waistcoat, watch chain, looked a cert to have killed and likely to kill again and again. I got the impression he may have been the owner.

You're lucky to have escaped with your lives.

Thirlmere. I don't think I know Thirlmere... :sherlock:

Sir C
05-28-2019, 01:18 PM
Blimey, sounds a bit Withnail and I tbh.

We're working really hard on getting remoter and remoter... the place we stayed a couple of weeks ago was an hour and a half from the M6 :cloud9: No (or at least fewer) tourists, see?

Burney
05-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Hating jews is fine but supporting Libdems is entirely beyond the pale, in Corbynland.

Both the Tories and Labour are thrashing around in their death throes, aren't they? If there was a general election tomorrow I honestly think I'd have to abstain. Farage's load of loonies clearly have no policies (and the maniac Widdecombe is amongst them) and I'm buggered if I'll vote liberal...

Having no policies really isn't a problem, since - in case you hadn't noticed - there has been no meaningful legislative business done since last summer. Brexit has eaten everything. The fact that most of the tories seem to think that promising to push through an amended version of May's deal is the way to bring voters back to the fold is utterly fúcking staggering. Do these people learn nothing?

Burney
05-28-2019, 01:57 PM

True. Iran just hangs them. From cranes.

Rich
05-28-2019, 02:01 PM

Vote Green, Sir C.

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Vote Green, Sir C.

Jesus fúcking wept. They're watermelons, r. Green on the outside - red as a baboon's arse on the inside.

Terrifyingly, they're actually even more dangerous than Corbyn.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 02:07 PM
Having no policies really isn't a problem, since - in case you hadn't noticed - there has been no meaningful legislative business done since last summer. Brexit has eaten everything. The fact that most of the tories seem to think that promising to push through an amended version of May's deal is the way to bring voters back to the fold is utterly fúcking staggering. Do these people learn nothing?

I'm really only interested in electing someone who'll look after the pensioners, really. I demand a decent pension and winter fuel allowance!

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:30 PM
I'm really only interested in electing someone who'll look after the pensioners, really. I demand a decent pension and winter fuel allowance!

Lol! Given your love of central heating, your winter fuel allowance should last you about a January weekend in Cumbria.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Lol! Given your love of central heating, your winter fuel allowance should last you about a January weekend in Cumbria.

I noticed yesterday that the heating is coming on at around 3 a.m. and going off at 11. Shouldn't it be warmer than this in May? Global wariming my arse.

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:42 PM
I noticed yesterday that the heating is coming on at around 3 a.m. and going off at 11. Shouldn't it be warmer than this in May? Global wariming my arse.

I'm told you do feel the cold more as you wither into decrepitude.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 02:50 PM
I'm told you do feel the cold more as you wither into decrepitude.

Whilst I'm certainly withering into decrepitude, I don't think I'm feeling the cold any more than I used to. I just prefer to be warm, really.

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Whilst I'm certainly withering into decrepitude, I don't think I'm feeling the cold any more than I used to. I just prefer to be warm, really.

:nono: A desire for warmth is a sign of moral weakness. Do you think our ancestors got where they did by 'being warm'?

Sir C
05-28-2019, 03:02 PM
:nono: A desire for warmth is a sign of moral weakness. Do you think our ancestors got where they did by 'being warm'?

:hehe: I remember my SAS chum remarking on a show on TV that showed Britiish army survival techniques. "The difference between toy soldiers and us," he sniffed, "is that we go into action warm, dry and fully fed. Any **** can survive in the wilderness, the secret is to be comfortable while you do it."

I'm with The Regiment here.

Ash
05-28-2019, 03:09 PM

Actually we got here because of what our ancestors did to get warm imo.

Burney
05-28-2019, 03:14 PM
Actually we got here because of what our ancestors did to get warm imo.

Speak for yourself, a. My ancestors copulated only in extremely bracing conditions due to their superior genes and obliviousness to discomfort.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-29-2019, 02:31 PM

I wonder if Corbyn voted for Frank Dobson as the official Lab candidate for London mayor in 2000? Or for Red Ken?

Burney
05-29-2019, 02:38 PM
I wonder if Corbyn voted for Frank Dobson as the official Lab candidate for London mayor in 2000? Or for Red Ken?

Well whichever way he voted, he probably wasn't thick enough to announce the fact on LBC.