PDA

View Full Version : Carwimb. I had a leisurely 10 minute drive to Upminster

Pat Vegas
05-28-2019, 09:02 AM
when i pulled up on a country lane to see clear smoke coming from wons engine.

no lights on the dash and the temperature was fine.

RAC fella came, he topped up my coolant which was under the minimum :sherlock: revved the ting like a mental for 5 minutes and followed me home.
No more smoke.

:-(

So since all he did was put some water in the engine may I have been lucky and all it was was a low coolant level?

my automatic response is to search for a new car whilst waiting for RAC.

Tony C
05-28-2019, 09:42 AM
How about that Arsenal fan driving from London to Baku via Baghdad because of border issues :clap:

Sir C
05-28-2019, 10:37 AM
when i pulled up on a country lane to see clear smoke coming from wons engine.

no lights on the dash and the temperature was fine.

RAC fella came, he topped up my coolant which was under the minimum :sherlock: revved the ting like a mental for 5 minutes and followed me home.
No more smoke.

:-(

So since all he did was put some water in the engine may I have been lucky and all it was was a low coolant level?

my automatic response is to search for a new car whilst waiting for RAC.

Clear smoke? Coolant below minima? Is it 1978?

Isn't it still under warranty?

Pat Vegas
05-28-2019, 10:39 AM

nah not anymore.

It's all a bit odd.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 10:44 AM
nah not anymore.

It's all a bit odd.

It's a Fiat, right?

Flog it and run.

Burney
05-28-2019, 10:45 AM

The wife has taken her boys to the Churchill War Rooms today. She's just sent me a picture of them with Jacob Rees-Mogg. :shrug:

Sir C
05-28-2019, 10:53 AM
The wife has taken her boys to the Churchill War Rooms today. She's just sent me a picture of them with Jacob Rees-Mogg. :shrug:

Gathering strength for the struggle ahead, perhaps? Seeking inspiration for the address to the House which unifies MPs and the country into a single, cheering entity, determined to strike out and show Britain's spunk the the rest of the world?

JR-M, not g and boys.

Pat Vegas
05-28-2019, 10:56 AM
It's a Fiat, right?

Flog it and run.

i can still get a reasonable return on it.
But I am waiting for my business empire to take off.

Burney
05-28-2019, 10:58 AM
Gathering strength for the struggle ahead, perhaps? Seeking inspiration for the address to the House which unifies MPs and the country into a single, cheering entity, determined to strike out and show Britain's spunk the the rest of the world?

JR-M, not g and boys.

She said he was extremely polite and charming, but described his handshake as 'light'. :-\

I did clarify with her that she meant 'light' rather than 'limp', but even so it was a bit worrying. :-(

Sir C
05-28-2019, 11:00 AM
i can still get a reasonable return on it.
But I am waiting for my business empire to take off.

Mate. You're driving an Italian car out of warranty, from which smoke has begun to emanate.

I cannot stress the urgency of the situation enough. Find a mug punter and dispose of the moneypit immediately.

And if I ever catch you driving a French or Italian car out of warranty again, I will ask Rich to strike you.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 11:02 AM
She said he was extremely polite and charming, but described his handshake as 'light'. :-\

I did clarify with her that she meant 'light' rather than 'limp', but even so it was a bit worrying. :-(

I appreciate that his views appear generally sound, but there's no getting away from the fact that he's as weird as fúck, is there? Honourable member for the 19th century? Nonsense; he's the Honourable member for Bizarresville.

Sixtus indeed. Do fúck off.

Burney
05-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Mate. You're driving an Italian car out of warranty, from which smoke has begun to emanate.

I cannot stress the urgency of the situation enough. Find a mug punter and dispose of the moneypit immediately.

And if I ever catch you driving a French or Italian car out of warranty again, I will ask Rich to strike you.

:nod: There will doubtless be some naive young lady who will buy this object on the grounds that it's 'cute'.

Burney
05-28-2019, 11:04 AM
I appreciate that his views appear generally sound, but there's no getting away from the fact that he's as weird as fúck, is there? Honourable member for the 19th century? Nonsense; he's the Honourable member for Bizarresville.

Sixtus indeed. Do fúck off.

Posh English catholics, innit. They're all a bit wrong and take the whole thing far too seriously.

Pat Vegas
05-28-2019, 11:13 AM
:nod: There will doubtless be some naive young lady who will buy this object on the grounds that it's 'cute'.

:nod: the front looks like a smiley face.

PSRB
05-28-2019, 01:24 PM

:hehe: :nod:

Sir C
05-28-2019, 01:27 PM
:hehe: :nod:

I mean, it's just common sense, isn't it? He's asking for a shafting.

PSRB
05-28-2019, 01:35 PM
I mean, it's just common sense, isn't it? He's asking for a shafting.

Buy German and drive it into the ground

Found this quote: I have one car that works; it's fast and safe: an Audi 5. And I have two old cars that never work: an old Peugeot convertible, and an Alfa Romeo Giulia. - Daniel Bruhl (Actor)

IUFG
05-28-2019, 01:54 PM
Buy German and drive it into the ground

:nod: German and Japanese for this.

The rest are generally shíte.

Rich
05-28-2019, 01:56 PM

My fiancee is demanding a new whip and has narrowed it down to two options:

a) Range Rover Velar
b) Jaguar F-Pace

:-\

Sir C
05-28-2019, 02:01 PM
My fiancee is demanding a new whip and has narrowed it down to two options:

a) Range Rover Velar
b) Jaguar F-Pace

:-\

Whip? What in God's name are you drooling about now?

Rich
05-28-2019, 02:02 PM
Whip? What in God's name are you drooling about now?

whip

A whip has simply come to represent a car. It has been said that it was used a long time ago when a whip would be used to steer the horse-drawn carriages. It is used in hip-hop fashion, and it has come represent any car not neccesarily a really nice car.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 02:04 PM
whip

A whip has simply come to represent a car. It has been said that it was used a long time ago when a whip would be used to steer the horse-drawn carriages. It is used in hip-hop fashion, and it has come represent any car not neccesarily a really nice car.

What is wrong with the word 'car'? Everyone understands what you mean when you say car. Are you a hip-hopper?

Rich
05-28-2019, 02:05 PM
What is wrong with the word 'car'? Everyone understands what you mean when you say car. Are you a hip-hopper?

If you see man driving a German whip
Blacked out window, leaning back
See man driving a German whip
Look like a balla, P's and dat
I don't kick ball, do I look like a balla?
Who told you I move like pauper?
See man driving a german whip

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:08 PM

Everyone understands what you mean when you say 'plane', but that doesn't stop you moaning about it.

To be consistent, you should surely call it an automobile.

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:09 PM
If you see man driving a German whip
Blacked out window, leaning back
Look like a balla, P's and dat
I don't kick ball, do I look like a balla?
Who told you I move like pauper?
See man driving a german whip

Have you suffered a blow to the head, r?

Sir C
05-28-2019, 02:10 PM
Everyone understands what you mean when you say 'plane', but that doesn't stop you moaning about it.

To be consistent, you should surely call it an automobile.

And why would I want to be consistent?

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:19 PM
And why would I want to be consistent?

Fair point.

Rich
05-28-2019, 02:44 PM
Have you suffered a blow to the head, r?

It's a song, B. Can't blame anyone for enriching their lives with cultural diversity.

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:48 PM
It's a song, B. Can't blame anyone for enriching their lives with cultural diversity.

A 'song' you say. In my experience, songs have things like harmonies and melodies and bass solos.

What you've got there is a black man shouting nonsense at people.

Rich
05-28-2019, 02:50 PM
A 'song' you say. In my experience, songs have things like harmonies and melodies and bass solos.

Woah! How do you know we are talking about an Afro-Carribean man?

Sir C
05-28-2019, 02:51 PM

I believe what he is doing is, 'spitting rhymes on da mic'. :-(

Did Elton John die for this?

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:54 PM
Woah! How do you know we are talking about an Afro-Carribean man?

Because I would assume no non-black person would dream of culturally appropriating a black art form, r. Such a thing would be unthinkable.

Burney
05-28-2019, 02:58 PM
I believe what he is doing is, 'spitting rhymes on da mic'. :-(

Apparently, there's an Elton John movie. I do hope it involves Reg bumming veritable battalions of rentboys and hoovering up an insane quantity of gak. I mean those are literally the only things about his life story that I'm even vaguely interested in, tbh. Well, those bits and his relationship with Graham Taylor and the 1981/2 Watford team.

Everything else sounds a bit dull.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 02:59 PM
Apparently, there's an Elton John movie. I do hope it involves Reg bumming veritable battalions of rentboys and hoovering up an insane quantity of gak. I mean those are literally the only things about his life story that I'm even vaguely interested in, tbh. Well, those bits and his relationship with Graham Taylor and the 1981/2 Watford team.

Apparently it has all the bumming and all the gak. I'm almost tempted to go and see it.

Ash
05-28-2019, 03:00 PM

:hehe: Green, culturally diverse. Welcome to AWIMB, Rich 2.0. I'm sure we'll all have a lot of LOLs together. :thumbup:

IUFG
05-28-2019, 03:00 PM

oh, I do hope so.

Burney
05-28-2019, 03:01 PM
Apparently it has all the bumming and all the gak. I'm almost tempted to go and see it.

Hmm. I suppose there was also the time he randomly married that woman. That was quite funny.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 03:04 PM
Hmm. I suppose there was also the time he randomly married that woman. That was quite funny.

That was so he could sue The Sun, wasn't it?

I wonder if he managed to consommé their union.

barrybueno
05-28-2019, 03:05 PM

Plenty of 'Do I not like that' from Taylor I'd have thought.

Burney
05-28-2019, 03:08 PM
That was so he could sue The Sun, wasn't it?

I wonder if he managed to consommé their union.

Given where it'd been, you wouldn't blame her if she refused to let it anywhere near her.

MMMMMmmmmmmm. Onion consommé. :eat:

Sir C
05-28-2019, 03:11 PM
Given where it'd been, you wouldn't blame her if she refused to let it anywhere near her.

MMMMMmmmmmmm. Onion consommé. :eat:

I'vew got lunch at Zedel On Thursday. Haven't been since last we were there! That must be 2 or 3 years ago.

Burney
05-28-2019, 03:11 PM

:hehe: wd bb

Burney
05-28-2019, 03:13 PM
I'vew got lunch at Zedel On Thursday. Haven't been since last we were there! That must be 2 or 3 years ago.

Ah, yes. I took young E there for her birthday last November.

I fear we last went there around five or six years since. :-(

Sir C
05-28-2019, 03:15 PM
Ah, yes. I took young E there for her birthday last November.

I fear we last went there around five or six years since. :-(

:-( You realise that we're almost dead, don't you?

Burney
05-28-2019, 03:18 PM
:-( You realise that we're almost dead, don't you?

Yes. I was thinking about it at lunchtime, in fact.

Ash
05-28-2019, 03:21 PM

:hehe: Good work, Barry. Now, I don't suppose you saw the end of the Indy 500 on Sunday did you? Proper motor race that. 240 mph flat out wheel to wheel swapping the lead on the last few laps.

Mind you, even the Monaco snooze-fest was moderately interesting at the end with Lewis driving down to the canvas and holding on.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 03:26 PM
:hehe: Good work, Barry. Now, I don't suppose you saw the end of the Indy 500 on Sunday did you? Proper motor race that. 240 mph flat out wheel to wheel swapping the lead on the last few laps.

Mind you, even the Monaco snooze-fest was moderately interesting at the end with Lewis driving down to the canvas and holding on.

That's the one where they just go round and round an oval, is it? :hehe: Fúcking yanqui retards.

Burney
05-28-2019, 03:28 PM
That's the one where they just go round and round an oval, is it? :hehe: Fúcking yanqui retards.

I remember when Nigel Mansell went and did Indy car racing and basically just píssed it in his first season. Quite put their noses out of joint, as I recall.