PDA

View Full Version : He might be a deviant, but Tim's got this one right

Monty92
05-28-2019, 08:22 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/27/would-arsenal-fans-accept-spurs-glory-in-madrid-for-definite-delight-in-baku

Chas-Newgay Bender :rolleyes:

Burney
05-28-2019, 08:35 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/27/would-arsenal-fans-accept-spurs-glory-in-madrid-for-definite-delight-in-baku

Christ no! I would take a 10-0 humiliation if it meant those ****s not winning. Fúck it, there are body parts I'd sacrifice to stop Tottenham winning it.

What the actual fúck is wrong with these freaks? Have they no idea what it means to be an Arsenal fan?

Billy Goat Sverige
05-28-2019, 08:36 AM

He’s wrong. If we want to be competitive for the foreseeable future then we need to be in the champions league. It’s now a difference of €50-60m per year in revenue compared with the Europa League. People should worry about their own ****ing team rather than what some other ****s win.

Sir C
05-28-2019, 08:39 AM

I'm just struggling to understand the mechanics of the whole thing. I mean, how does our result affect their result? Surely they are two seperate, independent games?

Perhaps I have missed something glaringly obvious; apologies if this is the case.

Just for the record, I'd prefer it if we won our game and they lost theirs.

Burney
05-28-2019, 08:42 AM
I'm just struggling to understand the mechanics of the whole thing. I mean, how does our result affect their result? Surely they are two seperate, independent games?

Perhaps I have missed something glaringly obvious; apologies if this is the case.

It's a hypothetical counterfactual in which you get a binary choice between a scenario in which both teams win or one in which both teams lose.

But you knew that.

Monty92
05-28-2019, 08:44 AM
He’s wrong. If we want to be competitive for the foreseeable future then we need to be in the champions league. It’s now a difference of €50-60m per year in revenue compared with the Europa League. People should worry about their own ****ing team rather than what some other ****s win.

"Competitive" "Revenue" :hehe:

I would give anything - literally ANYTHING - for Spurs to lose.

WES
05-28-2019, 08:47 AM

I would give anything - literally ANYTHING - for Spurs to lose.

It's a really stupid argument with no real upside.

I want Arsenal to win and Spurs to lose. Anyone who thinks about it much beyond that is a tragic c*nt.

Tony C
05-28-2019, 08:47 AM

It’s hypothetical nonsense started on AFTV for people to show how much they love Arsenal by hating Spurs but now twisted to show our fans are pretty much as childish as theirs.

Don’t get what the issue is...us and Liverpool are both going to win...no weird deals with the devil, voodoo, wizardry etc required

Free money time...anything between 11/4 and 3/1 is good business.

Billy Goat Sverige
05-28-2019, 08:48 AM

You just don't get it, do you.

I want my team to be the best possible and win the best competitions. I’ve grown out of the “bragging rights” phase. Worried about their fans being able to say they won it first? For **** sake. Your team has won next to **** all in Europe, worry about that.

Monty92
05-28-2019, 08:52 AM

I want Arsenal to win and Spurs to lose. Anyone who thinks about it much beyond that is a tragic c*nt.

Spurs being trophyless is an integral part of my identity as an Arsenal fan. If that changes - especially if it involved them winning the biggest trophy of all, and one we've never won ourselves - it would deal a massive blow to that identity. :shrug:

Burney
05-28-2019, 08:54 AM
I want my team to be the best possible and win the best competitions. I’ve grown out of the “bragging rights” phase. Worried about their fans being able to say they won it first? For **** sake. Your team has won next to **** all in Europe, worry about that.

Translation: 'I live in Sweden and thus no longer have to interact with Spurs fans on a regular basis'

Ash
05-28-2019, 08:56 AM
We should remember that they won the double ten years before us, and were the first club to achieve it in the 'modern' era. They've not won the league since.

WES
05-28-2019, 08:56 AM
Spurs being trophyless is an integral part of my identity as an Arsenal fan. If that changes - especially if it involved them winning the biggest trophy of all, and one we've never won ourselves - it would deal a massive blow to that identity. :shrug:

Yeah, I addressed that in my post with the 'tragic c*nt' bit. :rolleyes:

Monty92
05-28-2019, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I addressed that in my post with the 'tragic c*nt' bit. :rolleyes:

Them winning it changes everything - EVERYTHING.

That's a fact.

IUFG
05-28-2019, 09:06 AM

Isn't that the bit about being a supporter of a any team?

You have no control over events on the pitch. A bit of influence at home games maybe, but everything else is out of our hands.

No point worrying about what might happen until it does. The Arsenal to win is the only thing I'd love.

Get that done then the other match? I'd strongly prefer Liverpool to win, of course, but que sera sera and all that :hobsonschoice:

PSRB
05-28-2019, 09:23 AM

I dispute it being the biggest trophy of all, would take the PL any day, over the CL

IUFG
05-28-2019, 09:25 AM

That's a fact.

:hehe: you limp-wristed girl

WES
05-28-2019, 09:42 AM

That's a fact.

No, not everything. It still doesn't change the fact that they haven't won the league in over 50 years. Nor their relative incompetence during that period. It falls into the 'very irritating' category, no more.

But that isn't really the point. The point is why have the discussion at all? We want Arsenal to win and Spurs to lose, like every other week of the year. Thinking about it beyond that is what immature teenage boys do. And while you might desire them, you really shouldn't think like them.

That's the tragic bit.