PDA

View Full Version : May gone.

Sir C
05-24-2019, 09:17 AM
Christ, that took some time.

Welcome, if only for a brief period, Prime Minister Johnson.

IUFG
05-24-2019, 09:19 AM

handed a poisoned chalice, tbf

still, she'll be remembered as one of the shíttest PMs ever.

and yet Corbyn couldn't oust her.

Pokster
05-24-2019, 09:20 AM

Depends if the MP's gang up on him....... the joy of a BJ PM, what could go wrong

7sisters
05-24-2019, 09:28 AM
Depends if the MP's gang up on him....... the joy of a BJ PM, what could go wrong

Yep. ‘Fark business’ and all that.

AFC East
05-24-2019, 09:31 AM

Useless witch. Why didn't she resign next Friday?

Viva Prat Vegas
05-24-2019, 09:32 AM
Good
The trophy-lift, photobombing cund

redgunamo
05-24-2019, 09:32 AM
Actually, that was fast. She's clearly just seen what's in POTUS' trove of e-mails and paperwork, so she now knows for sure she's done.

AFC East
05-24-2019, 09:34 AM
handed a poisoned chalice, tbf

still, she'll be remembered as one of the shíttest PMs ever.

and yet Corbyn couldn't oust her.

I'm not sure there has been a Prime Minister or a context in which Corbyn could do any ousting. She is probably one of the worst PMs in history, but he is unequivocally the worst leader of the opposition.

Pokster
05-24-2019, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure there has been a Prime Minister or a context in which Corbyn could do any ousting. She is probably one of the worst PMs in history, but he is unequivocally the worst leader of the opposition.

Oh I don't know aboiut the worst opposition leader, there have been plenty i can think of.. Foot, Kinnock, Howard, IDS

redgunamo
05-24-2019, 09:38 AM
Right. It's an especially tough job when everyone is apparently on the same side.

Oh I don't know aboiut the worst opposition leader, there have been plenty i can think of.. Foot, Kinnock, Howard, IDS

AFC East
05-24-2019, 09:41 AM

You're extremely generous. None of those led when the government was in fairly open warfare and the leader was such a complete lame duck.

Pokster
05-24-2019, 09:44 AM
You're extremely generous. None of those led when the government was in fairly open warfare and the leader was such a complete lame duck.

She became a dead duck after the last election imo, she was a poor choice of leader last time and the Tory party are in grave danger of tearing thelselves into bits if they get this wrong

Yesterday Once More
05-24-2019, 09:52 AM
Boris v Grandpa Semtex at PMQs will be fabulous, even if it turns out only to be for a limited season. The only thing that I would enjoy more would be the thought of Nigel F hosting the next Eurovision Song Contest

Burney
05-24-2019, 10:23 AM

Yup. Well done Nigel. Without him she’d have clung on until Doomsday.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
05-24-2019, 10:26 AM
All treasonous remainers must open up their wrists in the bath.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-24-2019, 10:29 AM
May gone.

No it's not, C. There's at least a week left.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-24-2019, 10:42 AM

The last thing that slippery serpentine **** Johnson wants is to be the PM that actually has to implement this Brexit clusterfúck.

Boris ain't about actually doing shít. He's a posing, sloganeering shít****; watch him start to wriggle.

Burney
05-24-2019, 10:55 AM
The last thing that slippery serpentine **** Johnson wants is to be the PM that actually has to implement this Brexit clusterfúck.

Boris ain't about actually doing shít. He's a posing, sloganeering shít****; watch him start to wriggle.

The thing Boris definitely can and does do is win elections. Right now, the Tory party need that above all else.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-24-2019, 10:59 AM
The thing Boris definitely can and does do is win elections. Right now, the Tory party need that above all else.

Says the chap with the unerring ability to call election results. If he sees you've tipped him to win b he'll quit :hehe:

eastgermanautos
05-24-2019, 11:08 AM

Fvckin white b!tch. Now she's go get raped by a hundred cannibals. #England

Sir C
05-24-2019, 11:29 AM
Fvckin white b!tch. Now she's go get raped by a hundred cannibals. #England

Have you taken a blow to the head?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-24-2019, 11:31 AM

Dropped on his head as baby c. I suspect his mother did it quite deliberately.

barrybueno
05-24-2019, 12:16 PM
Useless witch. Why didn't she resign next Friday?

Ah I geddit, end of May at the end of May :-)

Tony C
05-24-2019, 12:23 PM
All Hail Supreme Leader Boris :bow:

Pokster
05-24-2019, 12:32 PM
All Hail Supreme Leader Boris :bow:

IF he gets to the final 2 he will win.... biggest problem for him is that a lot of MP's do not want him and would move heaven and earth to stop that happening

Sir C
05-24-2019, 12:38 PM
IF he gets to the final 2 he will win.... biggest problem for him is that a lot of MP's do not want him and would move heaven and earth to stop that happening

At this point I'm thinking anyone has to be better than May.

Except Grandpa Semtex. Fúck Grandpa Semtex.

eastgermanautos
05-24-2019, 01:31 PM

My bad. We're big on rape jokes in the simian neighborhood in which I live. :wave:

Burney
05-24-2019, 02:24 PM
Says the chap with the unerring ability to call election results. If he sees you've tipped him to win b he'll quit :hehe:

I got the 2017 one wrong. I got 2015 and Brexit spot on despite polls calling them the other way. Still a pretty good record. :shrug:

Burney
05-24-2019, 02:27 PM

They really have no choice, though. Most Tory MPs now know that choosing another remainer PM would be signing their own death warrant. Self-interest from MPs will ensure he wins.

redgunamo
05-24-2019, 02:39 PM
Steady on, H. That's my former MP you're talking about :-|

05-24-2019, 03:10 PM
I got the 2017 one wrong. I got 2015 and Brexit spot on despite polls calling them the other way. Still a pretty good record. :shrug:

I really wish people wouldn't say that about the 2015/16 polls. Psephology is about looking beyond the headline figure.

I called Brexit a little over a week before the vote because the polls were mostly saying that.

In the week before Jo Cox's murder, Leave was on average 4-5 pts ahead. Then after the killing people were less inclined to tell pollsters they were voting the same way as a racist murderer, which makes sense.

But if you have a look at how the polls jumped, it's clear what happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_European_Un ion_membership_referendum#2016

The week before the death had Leave 8-2 Remain. After her death it was 10-3 the other way.

Also, Ed M was well behind on both Best PM and Economic Competence. And no HMLO has ever become PM if behind on either of those, let alone both.

It was clear that while they'd tell the pollsters they'd vote Lab cos they were unhappy with Dave, that given they also told them that Ed was no use as a PM and couldn't be trusted with the economy, that when they came to think about it during the campaign, they wouldn't vote for him in the polling booth.

And look where that got us.

Burney
05-24-2019, 03:31 PM
I really wish people wouldn't say that about the 2015/16 polls. Psephology is about looking beyond the headline figure.

I called Brexit a little over a week before the vote because the polls were mostly saying that.

In the week before Jo Cox's murder, Leave was on average 4-5 pts ahead. Then after the killing people were less inclined to tell pollsters they were voting the same way as a racist murderer, which makes sense.

But if you have a look at how the polls jumped, it's clear what happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_European_Un ion_membership_referendum#2016

The week before the death had Leave 8-2 Remain. After her death it was 10-3 the other way.

Also, Ed M was well behind on both Best PM and Economic Competence. And no HMLO has ever become PM if behind on either of those, let alone both.

It was clear that while they'd tell the pollsters they'd vote Lab cos they were unhappy with Dave, that given they also told them that Ed was no use as a PM and couldn't be trusted with the economy, that when they came to think about it during the campaign, they wouldn't vote for him in the polling booth.

And look where that got us.

I called Brexit before the referendum was even announced.

And it was obvious the country wasn’t going to vote for a nerdy, creepy Jew with a commie dad and zero charisma. It was the right decision not to.

People over-complicate these things. Sometimes it’s just obvious to anyone with eyes in their head, a half-decent brain and an understanding of what the British are actually like.

05-24-2019, 03:38 PM
I called Brexit before the referendum was even announced.

And it was obvious the country wasn’t going to vote for a nerdy, creepy Jew with a commie dad and zero charisma. It was the right decision not to.

People over-complicate these things. Sometimes it’s just obvious to anyone with eyes in their head, a half-decent brain and an understanding of what the British are actually like.

Go on, then.

If there's a 2nd vote, on remain vs no deal, how will that pan out?

Tony C
05-24-2019, 04:14 PM
https://youtu.be/wzXQvXEENmk

Tony C
05-24-2019, 04:26 PM
Quite looking forward to a Hard Brexit...has the feel of that Y2K bug when everyone thought they’d wake up to us being back in the stone ages but in reality it’s no different to having a massive bet in the Grand National imo

Shame we couldn’t get a grand send off like the Hong Kong lot imo

05-25-2019, 12:12 AM
Quite looking forward to a Hard Brexit...has the feel of that Y2K bug when everyone thought they’d wake up to us being back in the stone ages but in reality it’s no different to having a massive bet in the Grand National imo

Shame we couldn’t get a grand send off like the Hong Kong lot imo

Except that the reason Y2K didn't cause any problems is **** loads of experts spent a lot of time and money fixing it.

AFC East
05-25-2019, 09:38 AM
Go on, then.

If there's a 2nd vote, on remain vs no deal, how will that pan out?

Let’s face it, awimb on politics is as accurate as a broken clock. The last few months I’ve read Nostradamus like attempts to make lousy predictions match the reality. I can’t think of anyone I’d exclude.

Parliamentary politics is about relationships and deals. How could any of us have enough insight to predict what will happen with any certainty?

As for BoJo, I agree with B, he will win an election, and will immediately tone down his rhetoric, unlike Trump. BoJo will have fulfilled his life’s ambition and is much thicker skinned.

We saw the prototype as mayor. Some will describe him as asinine and he will be fairly devoid of any interesting ideas, but he will be pretty steady none the less.

05-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Let’s face it, awimb on politics is as accurate as a broken clock. The last few months I’ve read Nostradamus like attempts to make lousy predictions match the reality. I can’t think of anyone I’d exclude.

Parliamentary politics is about relationships and deals. How could any of us have enough insight to predict what will happen with any certainty?

As for BoJo, I agree with B, he will win an election, and will immediately tone down his rhetoric, unlike Trump. BoJo will have fulfilled his life’s ambition and is much thicker skinned.

We saw the prototype as mayor. Some will describe him as asinine and he will be fairly devoid of any interesting ideas, but he will be pretty steady none the less.

He's not asinine. Donkeys are cool. They're much nicer than Brexiters or Tories. Benjamin the Donkey was ace in Animal Farm. He was the only non-pig who could read.

Don-keys good. Bo-Jo bad.