PDA

View Full Version : So

AFC East
05-21-2019, 11:40 AM
One of our players will not be available for the Europa League final because of the location. (Even DB could have driven there).

What a farce. If we lose we have a tidy excuse.

Sir C
05-21-2019, 11:42 AM
One of our players will not be available for the Europa League final because of the location. (Even DB could have driven there).

You know which one of our players it is, though? Chelsea must be fuming.

IUFG
05-21-2019, 11:43 AM

#LoseitforMkhi

Sir C
05-21-2019, 12:28 PM

But seriously. We're not actually going to go through with this, are we? We're not going to take part in this utterly farcical spectacle? :yikes:

PSRB
05-21-2019, 12:38 PM
But seriously. We're not actually going to go through with this, are we? We're not going to take part in this utterly farcical spectacle? :yikes:

There really should be only one course of action and that's to refuse to play it.

Burney
05-21-2019, 12:40 PM

Not to do so would require principles and a sense of moral purpose. We lost those things when Arsene was hounded out by scum. We're just amoral filth like all the other clubs now.

Rich
05-21-2019, 12:41 PM
There really should be only one course of action and that's to refuse to play it.

Or play it and kick off as normal. Then have all 22 players congregate towards the middle of the pitch and knock it around amongst each other.

Gets to penalties and every player agrees to roll it wide until the referee abandons the game. Trophy would be shared and the CL position goes to Arsenal since Chelsea have already qualified for it.

Sir C
05-21-2019, 12:43 PM
Or play it and kick off as normal. Then have all 22 players congregate towards the middle of the pitch and knock it around amongst each other.

Gets to penalties and every player agrees to roll it wide until the referee abandons the game. Trophy would be shared and the CL position goes to Arsenal since Chelsea have already qualified for it.

You're actually mental.

Pat Vegas
05-21-2019, 12:45 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA Fine him for some sort of political protest.

Burney
05-21-2019, 12:47 PM
You're actually mental.

I like the idea of asking players to fly all the way to Timbuktu (or wherever this nonsense is happening), going through all the pre-game nonsense and then asking them to display their contempt for it by kicking the ball around for no purpose for 120 minutes. :hehe:

PSRB
05-21-2019, 12:52 PM
I like the idea of asking players to fly all the way to Timbuktu (or wherever this nonsense is happening), going through all the pre-game nonsense and then asking them to display their contempt for it by kicking the ball around for no purpose for 120 minutes. :hehe:

Well we tried it for most of the season...........

Sir C
05-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Well we tried it for most of the season...........

:clap: Nice work, p.

Rich
05-21-2019, 12:57 PM

I suppose they wouldn't even need to kick it about. If they take kick off then the players can leave the ball in play and fraternize with one another until half time. Second half starts and the same thing goes on.

UEFA would be SEETHING.

Tony C
05-21-2019, 01:07 PM
Read that Chelsea only sold 600 tickets.

The black market prices are a treat to look at.

Pity whoever paid over the top initially hoping to make a profit.

Burney
05-21-2019, 01:07 PM
I suppose they wouldn't even need to kick it about. If they take kick off then the players can leave the ball in play and fraternize with one another until half time. Second half starts and the same thing goes on.

UEFA would be SEETHING.

What form would this fraternisation take, r? Card schools? Practising goal celebration dances? Haircare tips? Comparing tattoos? Roasting dolly birds? (or has that gone out of fashion since all the rape cases?)

Rich
05-21-2019, 01:12 PM
What form would this fraternisation take, r? Card schools? Practising goal celebration dances? Haircare tips? Comparing tattoos? Roasting dolly birds? (or has that gone out of fashion since all the rape cases?)

Maybe a display of unnecessarily complex handshake routines or a waterfight using the Lucozade drinks they have on the touchlines. After all, they are duty bound to provide some sort of entertainment for the spectators.

Burney
05-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Maybe a display of unnecessarily complex handshake routines or a waterfight using the Lucozade drinks they have on the touchlines. After all, they are duty bound to provide some sort of entertainment for the spectators.

This sounds excellent, r. Perhaps they could organise a scratch game of cricket? After all, it's always funny watching benighted foreigners trying to play cricket.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-21-2019, 01:18 PM
hounded out by scum

Says his tormentor-in-chief Berni the Bored who wanted him gone just to alleviate the tedium.

Sir C
05-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Says his tormentor-in-chief Berni the Bored who wanted him gone just to alleviate the tedium.

You called him a senile French ****. Arsene, not berni.

Rich
05-21-2019, 01:20 PM
This sounds excellent, r. Perhaps they could organise a scratch game of cricket? After all, it's always funny watching benighted foreigners trying to play cricket.

That would require apparatus to be bought onto the field of play which may contravene the laws of the game & result in a drop ball, though. Also, I seem to recall people at Arsenal making Gabriel Paulista play cricket. He didn't take naturally to it and looked terribly cross about the entire situation :-(

Burney
05-21-2019, 01:21 PM

Silence scum!

Pokster
05-21-2019, 01:22 PM

Problem is, we have been told it is safe for him to go... i can see why the club have decided not to take him, and the whole thing is a joke...but UEFA will say this is our decision etc etc blah blah and wash their hands of anything to do with it

Pokster
05-21-2019, 01:23 PM

He said they had to provide entertainment :hide:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-21-2019, 01:23 PM
You called him a senile French ****. Arsene, not berni.

A Cleuso sounding old tit actually. I think SFC was Gooner92's invention.

It is so sweet the way you and b defend each other c. I expect you quite like sucking each other's cocks.

Sir C
05-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Silence scum!

You did say it though, in fairness. You said you wanted him gone because you were 'bored'. Like a big, spoilt child demanding a new toy. :nod:

Sir C
05-21-2019, 01:25 PM
A Cleuso sounding old tit actually. I think SFC was Gooner92's invention.

It is so sweet the way you and b defend each other c. I expect you quite like sucking each other's cocks.

:nod: Sometimes he has to punch your mum repeatedly in the tit to get her lips off my glans.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-21-2019, 01:30 PM
You did say it though, in fairness. You said you wanted him gone because you were 'bored'. Like a big, spoilt child demanding a new toy. :nod:

Your mum's like a big spoiled child when she demands my cock c

Sir C
05-21-2019, 01:32 PM
Your mum's like a big spoiled child when she demands my cock c

I know, I begged her ot behave with a bit of dignity but she won't listen :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-21-2019, 01:42 PM
I know, I begged her ot behave with a bit of dignity but she won't listen :-(

And meanwhile I'm to understand my own mater fervently fellates you while Berni sulks disconsolately because he wants to get on it! And presumably these scenes of dionysian depravity take place in that revolting fetid wánking shed of his.

We try to be good sons c - we do try :-(

Burney
05-21-2019, 01:43 PM

In my defence, I believe I made clear at the time that I didn't actually expect things to get any better by getting rid of AW, I simply wanted them to be more amusing. This dago is in no way amusing.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-21-2019, 01:51 PM
In my defence, I believe I made clear at the time that I didn't actually expect things to get any better by getting rid of AW, I simply wanted them to be more amusing. This dago is in no way amusing.

Wel one was a walking parody of a comedy french detective, the other a parody of a comedy spanish waiter. At least, during a match, the spaniard pulls the most grotesque faces for our amusement :shrug:

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/GettyImages-1076392596.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all

Sir C
05-21-2019, 01:51 PM

You wanted that fine gentleman sacked for the sake of your amusement? You're no better than Farage.

Burney
05-21-2019, 01:59 PM
You wanted that fine gentleman sacked for the sake of your amusement? You're no better than Farage.

No. I never wanted him sacked. I wanted him to leave and be happy - like when you release an animal into the wild. I wanted to see him gambol in the fields.

Pokster
05-21-2019, 01:59 PM

Perhaps b is Farage :watson: except Farage seems to have a sense of humour

Burney
05-21-2019, 02:01 PM
Wel one was a walking parody of a comedy french detective, the other a parody of a comedy spanish waiter. At least, during a match, the spaniard pulls the most grotesque faces for our amusement :shrug:

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/GettyImages-1076392596.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&strip=all

I found his way with the English language amusing at first, I must admit. However, I did actually expect it to get better - which it has not.
I also rather expected someone to take him aside and have a word with him about his teeth and hair.

redgunamo
05-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Presumably, we did all happily agree to it two years ago when the venue arrangements were made? I guess, either we never thought we'd make the final or we never thought we'd end up signing young Henrikh :-\

Problem is, we have been told it is safe for him to go... i can see why the club have decided not to take him, and the whole thing is a joke...but UEFA will say this is our decision etc etc blah blah and wash their hands of anything to do with it

Burney
05-21-2019, 02:06 PM
Perhaps b is Farage :watson: except Farage seems to have a sense of humour

I rather like Farage, but take issue with some of his tailoring. In particular, I find his taste for yellow or mustard corduroy trouserings extremely upsetting. He dresses like the sort of chap who'd pocket the silverware at a country house weekend.

Burney
05-21-2019, 02:06 PM
Presumably, we did all happily agree to it two years ago when the venue arrangements were made? I guess, either we never thought we'd make the final or we never thought we'd end up signing young Henrikh :-\

Maybe we didn't know where Baku was?

redgunamo
05-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Right. And we just didn't want to say anything, hurt anyone's feelings.

Maybe we didn't know where Baku was?

Burney
05-21-2019, 02:37 PM
Right. And we just didn't want to say anything, hurt anyone's feelings.

This strikes me as the most likely explanation. We just assumed it was somewhere vaguely civilised, never imagining that UEFA would hold a European final in some tinpot dictatorship for which it's hard to obtain visas and which discriminates against Armenians (whatever tthey are). And, by the time we looked it up (ie at about half time in the second leg of the semi) it was too late.

AFC East
05-21-2019, 03:09 PM
Not to do so would require principles and a sense of moral purpose. We lost those things when Arsene was hounded out by scum. We're just amoral filth like all the other clubs now.

Sad, but very true.

WES
05-21-2019, 03:47 PM

What would the principle be exactly? UEFA and a representative of the government have made it clear that it is safe for him to play and that a comprehensive plan to assure his safety was in place.

Yet we - like a collection of pussies - decided not to take him. Mind you, we have previous with being pussies in European competition. Losing Mikki in a final for fear about this safety seems mild compared to losing your best player in key European matches because the spineless c*nt refuses to fly.

We should have marched Bergkamp onto the planes with a gun to his head imo.

IUFG
05-21-2019, 03:57 PM
I also rather expected someone to take him aside and have a word with him about his teeth and hair.

but, I mean, Klopp...looks like he's breaking some teeth in for a racehorse

redgunamo
05-21-2019, 05:40 PM
:nod: They are no doubt preparing to appeal the decision as we speak.

You know which one of our players it is, though? Chelsea must be fuming.