PDA

View Full Version : Gutted for "Drity" Leeds last night.

Pokster
05-16-2019, 07:48 AM
They should know that having a dodgy Spanish keeper doesn't end well.

Sir C
05-16-2019, 08:05 AM

I'd have liked them to come up - however obnoxious they are, they're a proper big football club. Villa are masive as well, of course, but dull, so very dull. And as for Derby :yawn:

Pokster
05-16-2019, 08:07 AM
I'd have liked them to come up - however obnoxious they are, they're a proper big football club. Villa are masive as well, of course, but dull, so very dull. And as for Derby :yawn:

I know I'm biased and would rather have had a couple of free season tickets for PL matches, but the atmosphere and support would have been great for the PL, and they play very good football.

redgunamo
05-16-2019, 08:07 AM
Yes. Agreed.

Sir C
05-16-2019, 08:12 AM
I know I'm biased and would rather have had a couple of free season tickets for PL matches, but the atmosphere and support would have been great for the PL, and they play very good football.

They reminded me of us in defence last night. Is their 'keeper Almunia in disguise?

Pokster
05-16-2019, 08:32 AM
They reminded me of us in defence last night. Is their 'keeper Almunia in disguise?

He's not given anyone much confidence since they signed him..... looks like he doesn't shout or talk to anyone

Burney
05-16-2019, 08:37 AM

This made me laugh

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2019, 08:47 AM
He's not given anyone much confidence since they signed him..... looks like he doesn't shout or talk to anyone

Three Champions League winners medals :hehe: I do have to say it would be better if Leeds had come up than Villa or god forbid Derby but it is also hugely funny

Burney
05-16-2019, 08:52 AM
Three Champions League winners medals :hehe: I do have to say it would be better if Leeds had come up than Villa or god forbid Derby but it is also hugely funny

Frankly, anything bad that happens to Leeds United is a good thing. Whenever they're mentioned, Alan Smith's horrid lips appear in my mind, alongside O'Leary drivelling about 'my babies'.

Fúck them. Fúck them to death.

Pokster
05-16-2019, 08:56 AM
Frankly, anything bad that happens to Leeds United is a good thing. Whenever they're mentioned, Alan Smith's horrid lips appear in my mind, alongside O'Leary drivelling about 'my babies'.

:vsign: Do one **** chops

Sir C
05-16-2019, 08:56 AM

They were good to watch, I remember. Kewell and Viduka. Smith. Dacourt. Woodgate, surely! Yes, I used to enjoy watching them.

Pokster
05-16-2019, 08:57 AM

3 CL winners medals, but he can't hack it on a balmy night in West Yorkshire........ Richard Wright has a PL winners medal, as does Francis Jeffers (and an England cap)

Pokster
05-16-2019, 08:58 AM

Not very Christian of you, i thought you believed in life? Or are you more 2 faced than something that has 2 faces

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:02 AM
They were good to watch, I remember. Kewell and Viduka. Smith. Dacourt. Woodgate, surely! Yes, I used to enjoy watching them.

David Batty, Lee Bowyer, Danny Mills, Alan Smith. They also unleashed the horror that was Robbie Keane and his goal celebrations on the world.

It was a team of ****s.

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:03 AM
Not very Christian of you, i thought you believed in life? Or are you more 2 faced than something that has 2 faces

I'm not a Christian. :shrug:

Also, you really have to try and learn the difference between a comic hyperbole and an actual call for the deaths of anyone associated with Leeds United FC.

Sir C
05-16-2019, 09:06 AM
David Batty, Lee Bowyer, Danny Mills, Alan Smith. They also unleashed the horror that was Robbie Keane and his goal celebrations on the world.

It was a team of ****s.

A grand bunch of lads, I'd say. Bowyer and Batty were terrific competitors, you'd have loved them on your team. Mills never did much for me but Alan Smith, if he hadn't had that appalling injury, would have gone on to be a magnificent footballer.

Pokster
05-16-2019, 09:07 AM
I'm not a Christian. :shrug:

Also, you really have to try and learn the difference between a comic hyperbole and an actual call for the deaths of anyone associated with Leeds United FC.

You have to try to learn that I was being sarcastic!

Pokster
05-16-2019, 09:08 AM

It was a team of ****s.

Since when did they unleash Robbie Keane, they signed him to his 146th club that he had always dreamed of playing for

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:09 AM
A grand bunch of lads, I'd say. Bowyer and Batty were terrific competitors, you'd have loved them on your team. Mills never did much for me but Alan Smith, if he hadn't had that appalling injury, would have gone on to be a magnificent footballer.

You're clearly just trying to distress me. I refuse to rise to the bait any longer.

redgunamo
05-16-2019, 09:11 AM
:nod: If you have to fill your midfield up with English midgets, they might as well be David Batty.

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2019, 09:12 AM
Since when did they unleash Robbie Keane, they signed him to his 146th club that he had always dreamed of playing for

:nod: Wolves, Coventry and Inter Milan beforehand :yikes:

Sir C
05-16-2019, 09:14 AM
You're clearly just trying to distress me. I refuse to rise to the bait any longer.

Nonsense. What have I written which is in any way unreasonable?

Wasn't it around that time that a young James Milner appeared? On the left wing, perhaps?

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:15 AM
:nod: Wolves, Coventry and Inter Milan beforehand :yikes:

Fair enough. I had clearly deliberately forgotten this information about him.

Mind you, signing him after it's already become apparent what a thick, lantern-jawed, shít goal celebrations **** he was is - if anything - even worse.

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2019, 09:17 AM

Wasn't it around that time that a young James Milner appeared? On the left wing, perhaps?
And Aaron Lennon - who believe it or not is still a professional footballer

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:17 AM

You have described dirty, destructive players of a sort you generally loathe as 'great competitors'. This is the point at which I realised you are - at best - playing Devil's Advocaat.

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:21 AM

:hehe: Theo Walcott's days with us were numbered when Tottenham sold Lennon and we were no longer able to console ourselves by saying 'Well at least he's not as shít as Aaron Lennon'.

IUFG
05-16-2019, 09:25 AM

Someone on Twitter commented something along the lines of "basically, Leeds have got Manuel Almunia in goal" :hehe:

Pokster
05-16-2019, 09:27 AM

It was indeed, they have an impressive list of Accademy players that have gone on to play for first teams...forgot about Fabian Delph starting out at DL

Viva Prat Vegas
05-16-2019, 09:28 AM
Luis Anaconda "Three Champions League winners medals I do have to say it would be better if Leeds had come up than Villa or god forbid Derby but it is also hugely funny"

Don't worry LA
They no longer have Shilts between the sticks keeping everything out

Pokster
05-16-2019, 09:28 AM
Someone on Twitter commented something along the lines of "basically, Leeds have got Manuel Almunia in goal" :hehe:

His performance after he ****ed up for the first goal was along the lines of, I'm going to come for every ball even if I have no chance of actually getting it

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2019, 09:30 AM
His performance after he ****ed up for the first goal was along the lines of, I'm going to come for every ball even if I have no chance of actually getting it

had a mare against Ipswich as well didn't he?

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Luis Anaconda "Three Champions League winners medals I do have to say it would be better if Leeds had come up than Villa or god forbid Derby but it is also hugely funny"

Don't worry LA
They no longer have Shilts between the sticks keeping everything out
They'll get him out of retirement and he'll be knocking away corner-bound shots with his walking stick all game against us

Pokster
05-16-2019, 09:32 AM
had a mare against Ipswich as well didn't he?

:nod: A lot of Leeds fance were calling for him to be dropped before the play offs

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:37 AM
They'll get him out of retirement and he'll be knocking away corner-bound shots with his walking stick all game against us

He's got a new career on Twitter calling Gary Lineker a ****, so I'm a big fan of Shilts these days.

Ash
05-16-2019, 09:45 AM
Pfft. I'm not having this Leeds love-in "Proper club" nonsense. Stoke City are a 'proper club', as one of the founders of the league and surely no-one wants them back.

They're Leeds. Durty Leeds. Bremner. Hunter. Sprake. Llllllorimar!

1972. :-(

Derby are a league founder and easy to beat. I'll have them please.

Sir C
05-16-2019, 09:48 AM
Pfft. I'm not having this Leeds love-in "Proper club" nonsense. Stoke City are a 'proper club', as one of the founders of the league and surely no-one wants them back.

These were happy times, a.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI-O--Qy-dg

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:48 AM

Hear him! Hear him! :clap:

Besides which, for my footballing formative years (ie the 80s), Leeds were languishing in the second division where they belonged. I've never accepted them as being a 'natural' top-flight club. Forest have a stronger claim to be a 'proper club'. After all, they've got the silverware to prove it.

Burney
05-16-2019, 09:49 AM
These were happy times, a.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI-O--Qy-dg

Did you fancy Harry Kewell or something?

Sir C
05-16-2019, 09:53 AM
Hear him! Hear him! :clap:

Besides which, for my footballing formative years (ie the 80s), Leeds were languishing in the second division where they belonged. I've never accepted them as being a 'natural' top-flight club. Forest have a stronger claim to be a 'proper club'. After all, they've got the silverware to prove it.

Eh? Apart from the European Cup, Leeds have won loads more than Forest.

Also, Herbert Chapman was at Leeds. :judge:

Sir C
05-16-2019, 09:53 AM
Did you fancy Harry Kewell or something?

No, I just like football, especially when it is played well. :shrug:

Pokster
05-16-2019, 09:55 AM

You forget that b is a misserable sod

Burney
05-16-2019, 10:03 AM

Leeds-loving bender.

Sir C
05-16-2019, 10:05 AM
Leeds-loving bender.

:shrug: There's nothing wrong with it, after all.

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2019, 10:06 AM

:nono: He was at Leeds City, who were wound up and eventually replaced by Leeds United. And at Leeds Road, Huddersfield.

He was also at Tottenham once so clearly no judge of a club

Viva Prat Vegas
05-16-2019, 10:07 AM
It's a 9-7 victory for Forest on the proper trophy front c

IUFG
05-16-2019, 10:09 AM

:nod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nvcbhdsp4U

Sir C
It's a 9-7 victory for Forest on the proper trophy front c

Shhh, s. B's not going to know that, is he?

redgunamo
:nod: Our Alan Smith at Elland Road in the Cup :cloud9:

Burney
05-16-2019, 10:10 AM
:shrug: There's nothing wrong with it, after all.

I did actually like Kewell, Haisselbaink and Viduka. The rest could fúck off, though.

I liked that Viduca was immensely slow and ponderous, but at the same time highly skilful. More of that sort of thing.

redgunamo
05-16-2019, 10:11 AM
Was Viduka the football player who claimed that Allan Border was his hero?

I did actually like Kewell, Haisselbaink and Viduka. The rest could fúck off, though.

I liked that Viduca was immensely slow and ponderous, but at the same time highly skilful. More of that sort of thing.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-16-2019, 10:12 AM
May 1999 :cry:
May 2003 :cry:

For that, they can stay down

Burney
05-16-2019, 10:13 AM
Shhh, s. B's not going to know that, is he?

I did look it up and saw that they were basically comparable, but couldn't be arsed doing the count as I'm not a deviant and we have la for that sort of thing.

Burney
05-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Was Viduka the football player who claimed that Allan Border was his hero?

I think that was Christian Vieri, wasn't it?

IUFG
05-16-2019, 10:14 AM

I remember him scoring a winner at THoF one Monday night (istr), the fat ****.
We lost 1-2 and they had 2 sent off.

One of the :redcard: was Danny Mills. Kicked the ball at an Arsenal player's head when they were laid down injured :hehe:
The Henry-destroyed ****.

redgunamo
05-16-2019, 10:16 AM
Right, yes. It was Bobo.

From Wiki: In an interview at the 1998 FIFA World Cup, Vieri named his all-time sporting hero as Australian cricketer Allan Border, and said that as a child he was better at cricket than football.

I think that was Christian Vieri, wasn't it?

PSRB
05-16-2019, 10:25 AM
I just hope it all kicks off between Terry and Lampard in the final :fight:

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2019, 10:54 AM
:nod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nvcbhdsp4U

Why is the replay for a different goal :sherlock:

IUFG
05-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Why is the replay for a different goal :sherlock:

That's just detail, la

well spotted. I didn't watch that far.

WES
05-16-2019, 12:42 PM
I remember him scoring a winner at THoF one Monday night (istr), the fat ****.
We lost 1-2 and they had 2 sent off.

One of the was Danny Mills. Kicked the ball at an Arsenal player's head when they were laid down injured :hehe:
The Henry-destroyed ****.

I was at that game. :nod:

It hurt. :-(

Was that not the first game of that season? Or first home game anyway? :rubchin:

Luis Anaconda
05-16-2019, 12:47 PM
I was at that game. :nod:

It hurt. :-(

Was that not the first game of that season? Or first home game anyway? :rubchin:
First home game - actually midweek not a Monday night. We had started off the season with a 4-0 on Saturday at Boro. We were rather good away from home that year