PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are going to be running around our pitch

Sir C
05-13-2019, 10:32 AM
proudly displaying a star above their spastic chicken badge.

How do you feel about that?

Monty92
05-13-2019, 10:34 AM

A yellow star?

Sir C
05-13-2019, 10:35 AM
A yellow star?

There is no need for anti-semitism. I'll have you reported.

Burney
05-13-2019, 10:36 AM

You also realise that, were such a calamity to occur and were we to win the Special Olympics Cup thingy, we'd end up having to play in the Supercup in Istanbul as the junior partner? Imagine the humiliation. :-(

The only thing that would appease me in such an event would be the public lynching of Unai Emery, whose fault it would undoubtedly be.

Sir C
05-13-2019, 10:39 AM
You also realise that, were such a calamity to occur and were we to win the Special Olympics Cup thingy, we'd end up having to play in the Supercup in Istanbul as the junior partner? Imagine the humiliation. :-(

The only thing that would appease me in such an event would be the public lynching of Unai Emery, whose fault it would undoubtedly be.

How is it his fault? Have you finally gone barking mental? Have the plates in your head shifted?

Pull yourself together for fúck's sake man.

Monty92
05-13-2019, 10:39 AM
There is no need for anti-semitism. I'll have you reported.

The only tolerable outcome from both of our finals is if they lose theirs. Obviously if they win theirs it makes ours utterly irrelevant.

But imagine if both results went our way? :hehe:

What I'm saying is that there's a chance the risk of the worst thing to ever happen in he history of the world could turn out to be one of the very best.

IUFG
05-13-2019, 10:40 AM

leave off, b.

Part I of your football apocalypse failed to materialise...

That means Liverpool's desire for the CL will only be stronger now. They are a better side than them and they don't appear to have a massive shít**** in goal, like they did last season.

Burney
05-13-2019, 10:40 AM
How is it his fault? Have you finally gone barking mental? Have the plates in your head shifted?

Pull yourself together for fúck's sake man.

Because he is curséd and has brought his curse upon us. :nod:

Burney
05-13-2019, 10:42 AM
leave off, b.

Part I of your football apocalypse failed to materialise...

That means Liverpool's desire for the CL will only be stronger now. They are a better side than them and they don't appear to have a massive shít**** in goal, like they did last season.

Right. And Liverpool couldn't possibly overcome a three-goal lead against Barca. And Spurs couldn't overcome a three-goal lead against Ajax.

But both of those things happened. And so will this. Because we are curséd.

IUFG
05-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Right. And Liverpool couldn't possibly overcome a three-goal lead against Barca. And Spurs couldn't overcome a three-goal lead against Ajax.

But both of those things happened. And so will this. Because we are curséd.

You forgot to mention that Liverpool are now Champions of England :rolleyes:

Burney
05-13-2019, 10:44 AM
The only tolerable outcome from both of our finals is if they lose theirs. Obviously if they win theirs it makes ours utterly irrelevant.

But imagine if both results went our way? :hehe:

What I'm saying is that there's a chance the risk of the worst thing to ever happen in he history of the world could turn out to be one of the very best.

You're whistling in the dark, m. You know as well as I do that we are doomed. :-(

Burney
05-13-2019, 10:45 AM
You forgot to mention that Liverpool are now Champions of England :rolleyes:

Pffffft. That's a sideshow compared to this enormity. I'd swap a Liverpool league win for a Tottenham CL victory in the blink of an eye.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Do you seriously believe that the magnificent Herr Klopp will be bested by a fat Argentinian nonce?

Liverpool will eviscerate them and we shall be glorious in Kabu. Then at the next NLD we can really boil their píss by singing "We're champions of Europe!" :hehe:

Monty92
05-13-2019, 10:50 AM
You're whistling in the dark, m. You know as well as I do that we are doomed. :-(

We just need Liverpool to do their job. They'll be favourites and will have a certain weight of buoyant expectation and history that should carry them over the line.

There's no reason at all to think a Spurs win is in any sense inevitable or even highly likely.

:-|

Burney
05-13-2019, 10:53 AM
We just need Liverpool to do their job. They'll be favourites and will have a certain weight of buoyant expectation and history that should carry them over the line.

There's no reason at all to think a Spurs win is in any sense inevitable or even highly likely.

Yes. Just like we just needed Ajax to do their job and not spunk away a three-goal lead while playing at home.

IUFG
05-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Yes. Just like we just needed Ajax to do their job and not spunk away a three-goal lead while playing at home.

yes, yes, but Ajax were a bunch of fúcking, flaky Dutch bottlejobs

Burney
05-13-2019, 10:59 AM

For me, it's the lowest point in Anglo-Dutch relations since they set fire to our fleet. :-(

barrybueno
05-13-2019, 11:08 AM

I feel that Wenger and his teams of his first ten years will owe everyone a massive apology for not winning it first. Underachieving shít****s

Rich
05-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Do you seriously believe that the magnificent Herr Klopp will be bested by a fat Argentinian nonce?

Liverpool will eviscerate them and we shall be glorious in Kabu. Then at the next NLD we can really boil their píss by singing "We're champions of Europe!" :hehe:

Or champions of all the European teams that aren't good enough to be in the Champions League, at least.

Pokster
05-13-2019, 11:16 AM

It is all your fault from your fúcking ashes *******s you jinxed us with..the only way round it is to sacrifice you

bbrian
05-13-2019, 11:18 AM

But Klopp is a bit of a disaster when it comes to finals i'm afraid :-(

Pokster
05-13-2019, 11:20 AM

So are Spurs

barrybueno
05-13-2019, 11:45 AM

He's generally been the underdog though I think. Favourite for this one. Although I'm staying right out of it of course... :hide:

Ash
05-13-2019, 12:08 PM
I feel that Wenger and his teams of his first ten years will owe everyone a massive apology for not winning it first. Underachieving shít****s

Wise words from the neutral.

Wenger Out!

Sir C
05-13-2019, 12:11 PM

There is great wisdom here. wd bb.

Rich
05-13-2019, 12:18 PM
Wise words from the neutral.

Wenger Out!

Do you not miss Him, A?

The Arsenal will never be the same again :-(

Ash
05-13-2019, 12:18 PM
On the possible disaster recovery front, we might remind ourselves that at their previous high-water-mark They won the double ten years before us. 58 years later and they haven't won the league since while we have three doubles and a sack of league titles and FA Cups.

Not that many of us will be around in 58 years, but still .... stiff upper lip and all that.

Ash
05-13-2019, 12:20 PM
Do you not miss Him, A?

The Arsenal will never be the same again :-(

Oh yes, I miss him. Though I'm pleased not to see his anguish and despair any more. The poor auld fella needed a good rest from that.

bbrian
05-13-2019, 12:21 PM

They won the double before us and won a European trophy before us ....maybe we will win one in short order too after they inevitably win in Madrid . Silver linings and all that ....

Rich
05-13-2019, 12:22 PM
Oh yes, I miss him. Though I'm pleased not to see his anguish and despair any more. The poor auld fella needed a good rest from that.

The worst part was seeing no-nothing 'fans' hurling abuse at him, not just in the stadium but in his day-to-day life.

Poor Arsene :-(

IUFG
05-13-2019, 12:25 PM
The worst part was seeing no-nothing 'fans' hurling abuse at him

yes, you should have stopped doing that, r.

Monty92
05-13-2019, 12:26 PM
The worst part was seeing no-nothing 'fans' hurling abuse at him, not just in the stadium but in his day-to-day life.

Poor Arsene :-(

I do miss having a manager who, when he spoke, offered some chance of saying something remotely a) interesting, or b) intelligible

Although in Emery's defence, I have read a couple of interesting translated interviews with him that suggest he's not as totally witless as he looks/sounds when he attempts to speak English.

Rich
05-13-2019, 12:28 PM
I do miss having a manager who, when he spoke, offered some chance of saying something remotely a) interesting, or b) intelligible

Although in Emery's defence, I have read a couple of interesting translated interviews with him that suggest he's not as totally witless as he looks/sounds when he attempts to speak English.

I really do hope that he writes a book and calls out each and every person to have said vile things towards him.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-13-2019, 12:31 PM
Because he is curséd and has brought his curse upon us. :nod:

Did you really mean that acute, not a grave?

Or is that how they say it in Spain? Yo soy Kurrr-zayyyy'd

bbrian
05-13-2019, 12:31 PM
On the possible disaster recovery front, we might remind ourselves that at their previous high-water-mark They won the double ten years before us. 58 years later and they haven't won the league since while we have three doubles and a sack of league titles and FA Cups.

Not that many of us will be around in 58 years, but still .... stiff upper lip and all that.

Apologies for the :noah: Ash...my phone is moving slower than Xhaka these days

Pokster
05-13-2019, 12:37 PM
I really do hope that he writes a book and calls out each and every person to have said vile things towards him.

Well that would be an exciting book :rolleyes:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-13-2019, 03:55 PM

You should also write such a book Rich. You could call it ****!

AFC East
05-13-2019, 06:10 PM

Getting to the Champions League quarter finals is more impressive than winning the fairs ****ing cup. Winning the FA Cup is usually a lot harder than the Europa League. Last time we won the FA Cup, for example.

Pokster
05-14-2019, 06:25 AM
Getting to the Champions League quarter finals is more impressive than winning the fairs ****ing cup. Winning the FA Cup is usually a lot harder than the Europa League. Last time we won the FA Cup, for example.

What about when we beat Wigan in the Semi's and Hull in the final? And when did we last get the the CL Qtr finals?