PDA

View Full Version : MotorWIMB. We need a cheap disposable motor. Seen a Micra with 148k on the clock

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-09-2019, 02:48 PM
for £800.

Does this sound excessive?

Everything else about it is perfect - beats the new London emissions tax, really cheap insurance and tax band, 5dr hatchback, petrol, manual etc. {I don't drive, the glw does.}

But is 150k a lot of miles for a little Nissan Micra?

Or as we'll only drive a few miles most days, can we expect that to last for a year or two?

Any genuine help appreciated.

Think the last car we bought was almost 15 years ago and cost a couple of hundred quid. {We got a BMW 318 for £140 before that.}

PSRB
05-09-2019, 02:52 PM
for £800.

Does this sound excessive?

Everything else about it is perfect - beats the new London emissions tax, really cheap insurance and tax band, 5dr hatchback, petrol, manual etc. {I don't drive, the glw does.}

But is 150k a lot of miles for a little Nissan Micra?

Or as we'll only drive a few miles most days, can we expect that to last for a year or two?

Any genuine help appreciated.

Think the last car we bought was almost 15 years ago and cost a couple of hundred quid. {We got a BMW 318 for £140 before that.}

Hire one as and when you need it, that's what I did when I lived in London

05-09-2019, 03:43 PM
Hire one as and when you need it, that's what I did when I lived in London

We're outta London. The nearest hire place is a tenner away in a taxi.

Tbf, the taxis here are so cheap, it would be worth it for going to the big shopping centre once or twice a week compared to running a car.

But we've had a mate's for the last 6 weeks and we've got used to it for those ten min walks each way sort of trips.

Ash
05-09-2019, 03:47 PM
But we've had a mate's for the last 6 weeks and we've got used to it for those ten min walks each way sort of trips.

A ten minute walk is walking distance, my friend. :driving:

Pat Vegas
05-09-2019, 03:49 PM
We're outta London. The nearest hire place is a tenner away in a taxi.

Tbf, the taxis here are so cheap, it would be worth it for going to the big shopping centre once or twice a week compared to running a car.

get a cheap ford focus run it to the ground then get another won.

PSRB
05-09-2019, 03:50 PM
A ten minute walk is walking distance, my friend. :driving:

:nod: Big shop is for Ocado/Sainsbury's/Asda delivery, imo

05-09-2019, 04:47 PM
:nod: Big shop is for Ocado/Sainsbury's/Asda delivery, imo

I tried once. But they changed the fish, meaning I'd bought loads of other ingredients I wasn't going to use.

I'd rather shop so if they don't have things, I can change my plans myself. Not get some algorithm to do it for me.

05-09-2019, 04:48 PM
get a cheap ford focus run it to the ground then get another won.

If I did go for one of those, how many miles would be the max you'd want on the clock?