PDA

View Full Version : You know everything could be absolutely fine

Monty92
05-09-2019, 09:30 AM
They could, just, you know, lose the final. And then everything will be fine.

Yep, just fine.

PSRB
05-09-2019, 09:32 AM
They could, just, you know, lose the final. And then everything will be fine.

Yep, just fine.

City win the league, Liverpool CL......I can deal with that

IUFG
05-09-2019, 09:35 AM
City win the league, Liverpool CL......I can deal with that

are we up for sacrificing the Europa League for that?

Monty92
05-09-2019, 09:40 AM
are we up for sacrificing the Europa League for that?

In a c*nting heartbeat, man.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-09-2019, 09:48 AM

This is exactly what has angered the Gods of Football you ****arse!. Despising everyone else's team more than you love your own to the point that you would even sacrifice a trophy.

I'm with you.

AFC East
05-09-2019, 09:56 AM

We mustn’t win the EL now. Lest someone mention it in front of a spurs fan.

Pokster
05-09-2019, 10:00 AM
We mustn’t win the EL now. Lest someone mention it in front of a spurs fan.

Oh do piss off, we support Arsenal, so must want them to win the EL...you're turning into Rich

AFC East
05-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Oh do piss off, we support Arsenal, so must want them to win the EL...you're turning into Rich

These are special circumstances. I’d give Chelsea a 5-0 over us in the final in exchange for Spurs not winning.

If we did win the EL and they won the CL would you EVER mention our trophy? Just the thought of it would bring back the horror.

Pokster
05-09-2019, 12:17 PM
These are special circumstances. I’d give Chelsea a 5-0 over us in the final in exchange for Spurs not winning.

If we did win the EL and they won the CL would you EVER mention our trophy? Just the thought of it would bring back the horror.

Never thought you were 16.....

IUFG
05-09-2019, 12:20 PM

So, IF we do get to the EL final, my guess is that both North London teams lose.

I think that makes them a bigger failure...

Rich
05-09-2019, 12:32 PM
So, IF we do get to the EL final, my guess is that both North London teams lose.

I cannot even begin to contemplate Spurs winning it :-( It would be utterly horrendous and I'd be delighted if Arsenal lose tonight and Spurs get hammered by Liverpool. Wonderful stuff.

Pokster
05-09-2019, 12:38 PM
I cannot even begin to contemplate Spurs winning it :-( It would be utterly horrendous and I'd be delighted if Arsenal lose tonight and Spurs get hammered by Liverpool. Wonderful stuff.

So you'd be happy to cost us c £60m by not qualifying for the CL ...strange

Rich
05-09-2019, 12:39 PM
So you'd be happy to cost us c £60m by not qualifying for the CL ...strange

Why would I care if Kroenke gets more money to plough into his ranch?

Pokster
05-09-2019, 12:40 PM
Why would I care if Kroenke gets more money to plough into his ranch?

Please tell me how much he has taken out of the club so far?

So in an ideal world for you, we'd get relegated so he would sell up????

AFC East
05-09-2019, 12:43 PM

We’d have more chance in the long term. He’s a sleeping investor who has bought a strong asset in a growing market.

In maybe 20-30 years his son may cash in.

Until then don’t expect any risks.

IUFG
05-09-2019, 12:47 PM
We’d have more chance in the long term. He’s a sleeping investor who has bought a strong asset in a growing market.

In maybe 20-30 years his son may cash in.

Until then don’t expect any risks.

Owner grows it.

Son ruins it.

Grandchildren sell it.

I think that is how most family owned businesses work...

Rich
05-09-2019, 12:50 PM

All I want is for him to invest so that we can stay competitive with City, Liverpool, United & Chelsea (I say 'stay' but we are a fair way off now anyway). That means making money available for whoever is in charge/the recruitment team. It is clear that this money is not available for recruitment and that the board are happy to maintain the status quo. It is their business and they are doing absolutely nothing wrong by acting in this way.

Pokster
05-09-2019, 01:06 PM
All I want is for him to invest so that we can stay competitive with City, Liverpool, United & Chelsea (I say 'stay' but we are a fair way off now anyway). That means making money available for whoever is in charge/the recruitment team. It is clear that this money is not available for recruitment and that the board are happy to maintain the status quo. It is their business and they are doing absolutely nothing wrong by acting in this way.

well 2 of the clubs you mention we are ahead of 1 and 4 points behind the other, so I guess we are competitive with them.

IUFG
06-01-2019, 10:16 PM

:smug****: