PDA

View Full Version : I keep momentarily forgetting about tonight and then wondering why I'm feeling

Monty92
05-08-2019, 12:14 PM
a deep sense of foreboding, and then remembering again.

Can someone offer me any reassurances? Because I'm pretty f*cking convinced it's only going one way.

Anyone know about cloggie football and can assure me Ajax are the real deal and won't buckle?

Please?

Pokster
05-08-2019, 12:15 PM

Can someone offer me any reassurances? Because I'm pretty f*cking convinced tonight's only going one way.

Anyone who knows about cloggie football and can assure me Ajax are the real deal and won't buckle?

Please?

Their home CL record is ****e, not won at home in the CL since Oct, and not won a knockout home match for about 437 yrs

Monty92
05-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Their home CL record is ****e, not won at home in the CL since Oct, and not won a knockout home match for about 437 yrs

:hehe:

You're messing, right? :-|

IUFG
05-08-2019, 12:22 PM

Can someone offer me any reassurances? Because I'm pretty f*cking convinced it's only going one way.

Anyone know about cloggie football and can assure me Ajax are the real deal and won't buckle?

Please?

They are just over 2/1 to qualify from the tie.

Stick a monkey on them and you'll be quids in if they get to the final.

If they don't...money well spent :thumbup:
HTH

Pokster
05-08-2019, 12:24 PM
:hehe:

You're messing, right? :-|

1996 was the last home knockout CL game they won

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-08-2019, 12:24 PM

Please?

They're going through m. Ajax are just children but have no fear. Sturmbannführer Klopp and his fearless gladiators will smite down the Judeans.

IUFG
05-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Pffft. Then a lovely nil-nil will do...

IUFG
05-08-2019, 12:30 PM

Talking of the 90s...Ajax had a great side in 94 :cloud9: The one that beat an equally great Meeeelan in the final.

SWv2
05-08-2019, 12:32 PM

Please?

I think Spurs go through myself.

Get the away goal and the tie changes a whole pile. Shít scenes really. Liverpool or Spurs to win the CL.

Rich
05-08-2019, 12:35 PM
I think Spurs go through myself.

Get the away goal and the tie changes a whole pile. Shít scenes really. Liverpool or Spurs to win the CL.

I don't know what to do if Spurs win it. Wouldn't be so bad if we had won it first but regrettably, we had our chance and bottled it. Made even sadder by the fact that it is hugely improbable that Arsenal will win the CL in any of our lifetimes :-(

SWv2
05-08-2019, 12:46 PM
I don't know what to do if Spurs win it. Wouldn't be so bad if we had won it first but regrettably, we had our chance and bottled it. Made even sadder by the fact that it is hugely improbable that Arsenal will win the CL in any of our lifetimes :-(

Tell yourself it is only a game and move on.

Being the monumental príck that you are I would have greater concerns in life.

Pat Vegas
05-08-2019, 12:52 PM

they swapped stadiums though :sherlock:
If they win the whole thing it will be my fault as I attended their game against Inter.

SWv2
05-08-2019, 01:00 PM
they swapped stadiums though :sherlock:
If they win the whole thing it will be my fault as I attended their game against Inter.

I went there to see our CL match in 2003.

Fell asleep in the ground. It had been a long day.

Pokster
05-08-2019, 01:01 PM

cock, you, not anyone else

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Tell yourself it is only a game and move on.

Being the monumental príck that you are I would have greater concerns in life.

Where the fúcking hell do you think you've been?

Pokster
05-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Pissed since Paddys day most likely

Burney
05-08-2019, 01:13 PM

Please?

Relax, m. Take the long view.

One day, in five billion years or so, our sun will explode, taking the earth and the solar system will it and nothing will exist to commemorate the fact that Tottenham won the Champions League in 2019.

Ash
05-08-2019, 01:21 PM

One day, in five billion years or so, our sun will explode, taking the earth and the solar system will it and nothing will exist to commemorate the fact that Tottenham won the Champions League in 2019.

I expect that Daniel is on the blower to Elon Musk as we speak arranging a victory parade around Alpha Centauri.

IUFG
05-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Could you imagine..?

Champions of Europe without being domestic champions for over 58 years...

SWv2
05-08-2019, 01:22 PM

Relax Herb. Were you seeking advice from me?

Looking to attract a chick perhaps. Music advice. Football. Fashion, as such.

Viva Prat Vegas
05-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Welcome back Steve and good day to you sir

Burney
05-08-2019, 01:35 PM
Could you imagine..?

Champions of Europe without being domestic champions for over 58 years...

Well potentially, you could have a Champions League Final contested by two teams that have a nearly 90 Championship-free years between them. Farcical.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-08-2019, 01:57 PM

I'd like some tuition on that mode of dancing where one appears paralyzed from the waist up and simply flicks one's feet back and forth in time to fiddly-diddly music. Do you have a website?

Burney
05-08-2019, 02:02 PM

Actually, you might be able to help me. What know you of Limerick. By some appalling turn of events, it seems I'm going to have to stay there for a couple of nights. Is it possible to do this without sustaining a puncture wound or catching a disease? Is there a nice bit of Limerick?

Ash
05-08-2019, 02:18 PM
Is there a nice bit of Limerick?

There was once a fella from Ware
Who occasioned to travel to Eire.
He tripped on his boots,
crumpled his suit
and quite fairly messed up his hair.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-08-2019, 02:28 PM
There was once a fella from Ware
Who occasioned to travel to Eire.
He tripped on his boots,
crumpled his suit
and quite fairly messed up his hair.

There was a young man called Thierry
Said "I swear by the sweet Virgin Mary"
'twas entirely unplanned
that the touch of my hand
had 'em wailing from Dublin to Derry

SWv2
05-08-2019, 02:34 PM
Actually, you might be able to help me. What know you of Limerick. By some appalling turn of events, it seems I'm going to have to stay there for a couple of nights. Is it possible to do this without sustaining a puncture wound or catching a disease? Is there a nice bit of Limerick?

Limerick is a shíthouse and is known as such across the length and breadth of this country.

The big things in Limerick are The Cranberries, rugby and stabbing people. Some folk of old used to steal bikes also.

Soft poncey Dutch string of piss lad is from Limerick. He will have friends and family who can meet you and afford you safe passage.

Burney
05-08-2019, 02:46 PM
Limerick is a shíthouse and is known as such across the length and breadth of this country.

The big things in Limerick are The Cranberries, rugby and stabbing people. Some folk of old used to steal bikes also.

Soft poncey Dutch string of piss lad is from Limerick. He will have friends and family who can meet you and afford you safe passage.

:-( Do you think that asserting that my ancestor was the Mayor of Limerick who (unsuccessfully) fought Cromwell will stop me being stabbed?

WES
05-08-2019, 03:56 PM

Good day to you sir.

I have only just recently returned from Lyon where I celebrated my 22nd wedding anniversary. After 2-3 days of bouchons, cathedrals, markets and the like, I fancied a sit down and a couple of pints. To no surprise we quickly discovered an Irish pub and entered.

Family at the bar were Irish, bartender was Irish and I popped off to the gents for quick p1ss before I ordered the drinks. Upon my return my bride of 22 years announced ‘let’s get out of here, I can’t stand the Irish’.

Now here’s the strange bit of this story. Upon hearing this, the mental image that popped into my mind was of you sitting in the Brownswood Park Tavern with a pint of ale and a betting slip in your hand..

:-)

Burney
05-08-2019, 04:03 PM
Good day to you sir.

I have only just recently returned from Lyon where I celebrated my 22nd wedding anniversary. After 2-3 days of bouchons, cathedrals, markets and the like, I fancied a sit down and a couple of pints. To no surprise we quickly discovered an Irish pub and entered.

Family at the bar were Irish, bartender was Irish and I popped off to the gents for quick p1ss before I ordered the drinks. Upon my return my bride of 22 years announced ‘let’s get out of here, I can’t stand the Irish’.

Now here’s the strange bit of this story. Upon hearing this, the mental image that popped into my mind was of you sitting in the Brownswood Park Tavern with a pint of ale and a betting slip in your hand..

:-)

Surely the real story here is that your wife is a vicious racist and purveyor of hate speech? :-(

WES
05-08-2019, 04:05 PM
Surely the real story here is that your wife is a vicious racist and purveyor of hate speech? :-(

This from you? ;-)

Admittedly, I was surprised. And her justification seemed to be that they were always somewhat larry and usually p1ssed.

You’d think she could come up with a better reason than to hate them. :rubchin:

Burney
05-08-2019, 04:08 PM
This from you? ;-)

Admittedly, I was surprised. And her justification seemed to be that they were always somewhat larry and usually p1ssed.

You’d think she could come up with a better reason than to hate them. :rubchin:

:nod: Those are their good points, ffs!

WES
05-08-2019, 04:15 PM
:nod: Those are their good points, ffs!

Ooh well in :clap:

Hopefully SW will soon return and this can kick off good n proper.

Burney
05-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Ooh well in :clap:

Hopefully SW will soon return and this can kick off good n proper.

Meanwhile, did you eat anything peculiarly disgusting while in Lyons? Any arse sausage or tripe?

WES
05-08-2019, 04:29 PM
Meanwhile, did you eat anything peculiarly disgusting while in Lyons? Any arse sausage or tripe?

No, avoided innards and found the food generally to be a higher quality than most places in France. Almost had tripe at one of the more traditional bouchons. They pressed it flat, bread crumbed it and fried it and it looked pretty good - maybe next time, though. Did one Michelin star place near the Basilica which was excellent but my favourite meal was in a place just of Place Bellecour. Laminated menus, loads of tourists, everything about it said awful.

16 euros for three courses; salad Lyonaisse to start, saucisson Lyon for main and the cranberry tart for dessert. All very enjoyable.

barrybueno
05-08-2019, 07:14 PM

Please?

Are you still shítting yourself M? Does it have to be 4-0 on agg. and in to injury time before you can relax :rubchin:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-08-2019, 07:37 PM
Talking of the 90s...Ajax had a great side in 94 :cloud9: The one that beat an equally great Meeeelan in the final.

You mean 1995?

!994, Meelan thumped Barca 4-0.

Monty92
05-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Are you still shítting yourself M? Does it have to be 4-0 on agg. and in to injury time before you can relax :rubchin:

Pretty much every time Spurs threaten to take possession of the ball I do a little bit of wee wee :-(

AFC East
05-08-2019, 08:51 PM
Pretty much every time Spurs threaten to take possession of the ball I do a little bit of wee wee :-(

That WES chap does a sex wee in those moments.