PDA

View Full Version : If that’s the best team in Spain.

Pat Vegas
05-07-2019, 09:24 PM
We will wipe the floor with Valencia :jinx:

Hopefully spurs don’t use Ajax to wipe their floors.

Arsenal v spurs supercup :hide:

bbrian
05-07-2019, 09:30 PM

All English finals in both competitions...Spurs and Chelsea winning with Son and Giroud getting the goals
I hate what Kroenke has turned me into :cry:

redgunamo
05-07-2019, 09:57 PM
Well done, the Premier League, imo.

AFC East
05-07-2019, 10:08 PM
Well done, the Premier League, imo.

Money wins eventually. Shocking that it's taken so long.

redgunamo
05-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Everyone in the Champions League has money too, certainly in the knock-out stages. That's the whole point of it.

Money wins eventually. Shocking that it's taken so long.

AFC East
05-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Everyone in the Champions League has money too, certainly in the knock-out stages. That's the whole point of it.

That's the whole point of sport. It's a clever business. However, English teams have more money than other teams, primarily because of the commercial success of said league. On that basis, English teams have been a pretty abject failure.

Barcelona playing like headless chickens from the point that they could have been 5-0 up in the first leg doesn't really alter that.

redgunamo
05-08-2019, 07:42 AM
Sour grapes? Because of the Arsenal's poor record in the competition? Fair enough, but English football has actually done alright in the European Cup/Champions League over the years, I think.

And Barcelona did not go out last night because of a lack of money, did they.

That's the whole point of sport. It's a clever business. However, English teams have more money than other teams, primarily because of the commercial success of said league. On that basis, English teams have been a pretty abject failure.

Barcelona playing like headless chickens from the point that they could have been 5-0 up in the first leg doesn't really alter that.

Pokster
05-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Sour grapes? Because of the Arsenal's poor record in the competition? Fair enough, but English football has actually done alright in the European Cup/Champions League over the years, I think.

And Barcelona did not go out last night because of a lack of money, did they.

Barca have more money than Liverpool and can certainly attract players that Liverpool can't...... Barca have a history for bottling the CL over recent seasons