PDA

View Full Version : Now that AW has had a year off to recharge his batteries

PSRB
05-07-2019, 09:29 AM
and take a step back to re-evaluate his team, can we bring him back?

Pat Vegas
05-07-2019, 09:31 AM

I do wonder why he has yet to taken a new gig :sherlock:

IUFG
05-07-2019, 09:35 AM

He's waiting for Fulham's third, improved, offer...

Pat Vegas
05-07-2019, 09:38 AM
He's waiting for Fulham's third, improved, offer...

Not a bad idea,
Craven Cottage a little bit like Highbury and so forth.

Burney
05-07-2019, 09:39 AM

Possibly because he's going to be 70 this year and absolutely can't be fúcked? :shrug:

PSRB
05-07-2019, 09:44 AM
Possibly because he's going to be 70 this year and absolutely can't be fúcked? :shrug:

Doing a decent job of predicting pretty much every match he analyses on BEin Sports

Burney
05-07-2019, 09:45 AM
Doing a decent job of predicting pretty much every match he analyses on BEin Sports

Has he considered offering gambling tips?

Pokster
05-07-2019, 09:58 AM

He is the one that signed most of the players that have been average (at best) for the last 2 seasons p

Rich
05-07-2019, 10:06 AM

Can’t be a bad idea. Unai has proved the the grass is certainly not greener on the other side (in fact, it’s dull and patchy). I would bring Arsene back as a short term fix until we can persuade a manager like Hassenhutl or Howe to join us.

Pokster
05-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Can’t be a bad idea. Unai has proved the the grass is certainly not greener on the other side (in fact, it’s dull and patchy). I would bring Arsene back as a short term fix until we can persuade a manager like Hassenhutl or Howe to join us.

Yes, but you are a know nothing **** who's opinion is likely to be a load of gash

Pat Vegas
05-07-2019, 10:23 AM

Doesn't make sense if Unai is some sort of stop gap.
Last summer there where numerous managers available if the club really wanted to go for someone else.

Pat Vegas
05-07-2019, 10:25 AM
Was also thinking would Arsene even want to come back after the way he departed?

WES
05-07-2019, 10:29 AM

Would you still want him to return if we go through on Thursday and then win the EL?

PSRB
05-07-2019, 10:31 AM
He is the one that signed most of the players that have been average (at best) for the last 2 seasons p

AW would have got this side top 4. 4 points from games against Watford (and we didn't deserve that), Everton, Palace, Wolves, Leicester & Brighton :cry:

Pokster
05-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Would you still want him to return if we go through on Thursday and then win the EL?

Why would anyone want him to return? He signed most of the underperforming players in the first place....fine, if people aren't happy with UE, but if you aren't happy with him you don't go back to the manager who left him with the players that aren't performing as well as should eb expected.

Pokster
05-07-2019, 10:33 AM
AW would have got this side top 4. 4 points from games against Watford (and we didn't deserve that), Everton, Palace, Wolves, Leicester & Brighton :cry:

AW has us losing against Watofrd, Bournemouth, Leicester, Brighton last season, so to say we would have got top 4 with him this yr is stretching it a bit (especially as our record against the top sides is better than it has been for yrs )

PSRB
05-07-2019, 10:34 AM

at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.

Pokster
05-07-2019, 10:35 AM
at least we had an idenity, a style of play. We just look unbalanced and I have no idea what UE is trying to do.

I would suggest it takes more then 1 season to change our style of play into what he wants, especially as the previous manager had been there so long

PSRB
05-07-2019, 10:39 AM
I would suggest it takes more then 1 season to change our style of play into what he wants, especially as the previous manager had been there so long

I do hope so and I will say that he's been very unfortunate with the long-term injuries, as we had found a settled side at that point.

Burney
05-07-2019, 10:39 AM

'Dull and patchy' is very polite, r. I'd say it's wildly overgrown, there's an abandoned pram in it, a load of used needles and the neighbour's cat has been shítting in it for some time.

WES
05-07-2019, 10:49 AM

He’s had one year and is using almost entirely players bought by Wenger. :shrug:

Like Mustafi, whom he paid £35 mil for, in case you had forgotten.

And what makes you think that the manager who finished 7 points behind Chelsea and 14 points behind Tottenham with these players last season could have finished ahead of them this season?

And out of interest, what was our identity when we were getting pasted 6-0 by Chelsea? 6-3 by City? My recollection was of a collection of smallish, ball playing, defensively inept bottlers who were humiliated against top class opposition far too often.

This Wenger revisionism is absurd. Unai may or may not be the right answer, but he deserves a chance or we risk becoming Chelsea and we don’t have the money for that. You seem to be forgetting how soul destroying it was to watch us fail and fall further and further behind each year for the same reasons. I also expect that if we go through Thu the criticism will recede, and if we go on to win a European trophy it will stop completely.

Might be an idea to let the season finish and then judge in an objective fashion?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-07-2019, 11:05 AM

Cos the fackin useless soppy Cleuso sounding old tit hasn't been offered one

Ash
05-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Cos the fackin useless soppy Cleuso sounding old tit hasn't been offered one

This is very unfair.

He didn't sound anything like Sellers' spoof of a send-up of a caricature of a French accent.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
05-07-2019, 12:48 PM
This is very unfair.

He didn't sound anything like Sellers' spoof of a send-up of a caricature of a French accent.

The man's declensions were less than primary school level Ash. Couldn't even deliver a simple pluperfect tense. Compare him to the eloquent Kommandant Klopp.

Ash
05-07-2019, 01:01 PM
The man's declensions were less than primary school level Ash. Couldn't even deliver a simple pluperfect tense. Compare him to the eloquent Kommandant Klopp.

Bloody hell, not another one who thinks verbs are declined? :bringbackproperrolleyessmiley:

They are conjugated, man!

I wasn't noticing Arsene having a problem with the pluperfect. :driving:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-07-2019, 01:31 PM

On the late season form we have shown over the past 4 or 5 seasons, I doubt Wenger would have got top 4 with this team.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
05-07-2019, 01:34 PM

We have not played any decent football for a good 3 years. The last 2.5 years of Wenger's reign saw us play some really piss poor football.