PDA

View Full Version : I just have a sneaky feeling that this Huawei business could get very messy indeed.

Burney
04-30-2019, 09:05 AM
Essentially, we appear to have HMG plotting in secret to take a decision that fundamentally undermines our national security and alienates our key strategic allies because some senior government advisers are set to make a lot of money.

The extent to which they know how bad this potentially is is revealed by the way they're reacting in trying to find whoever leaked it.

It would be a laugh if after all the Brexit hoohah, this was what actually brought May's shambles of a premiership down. :hehe:

IUFG
04-30-2019, 09:07 AM
Essentially, we appear to have HMG plotting in secret to take a decision that fundamentally undermines our national security and alienates our key strategic allies because some senior government advisers are set to make a lot of money.

The extent to which they know how bad this potentially is is revealed by the way they're reacting in trying to find whoever leaked it.

It would be a laugh if after all the Brexit hoohah, this was what actually brought May's shambles of a premiership down. :hehe:

Politicians and senior civil servants getting rich from public business?

Now there's a thing...

Burney
04-30-2019, 09:09 AM
Politicians and senior civil servants getting rich from public business?

Now there's a thing...

Yes, but it's one thing to do that sort of thing over things that don't matter like PFI contracts or HS2, but when you appear to be selling out our national security, you're in serious trouble.

IUFG
04-30-2019, 09:13 AM
Yes, but it's one thing to do that sort of thing over things that don't matter like PFI contracts or HS2, but when you appear to be selling out our national security, you're in serious trouble.

Well, quite.

Huawei are known for being a little, ahem, bent.

And should you really trust any major organisation that choses to locate it's research centre in Ipswich?

redgunamo
04-30-2019, 09:15 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah, but #OrangeManBad. Worse even than little yellow :phone: man apparently.

Drain the swamp, imo.

redgunamo
04-30-2019, 09:19 AM
:hehe: #Bielsa

Well, quite.

And should you really trust any major organisation that choses to locate it's research centre in Ipswich?

Burney
04-30-2019, 09:26 AM
:hehe: #Bielsa

:hehe: That was very funny. I particularly enjoyed the way he just shrugged and gave up, correctly concluding that it simply isn't worth knowing how to pronounce Ipswich.

PSRB
04-30-2019, 10:58 AM
Well, quite.

Huh-waa-way do make very good phones, mind

redgunamo
04-30-2019, 11:10 AM
I hope they get promoted just for that. He deserves it.

:hehe: That was very funny. I particularly enjoyed the way he just shrugged and gave up, correctly concluding that it simply isn't worth knowing how to pronounce Ipswich.

redgunamo
04-30-2019, 11:11 AM
Seriously?! No wonder the Commies are taking over everything :-(

Burney
04-30-2019, 11:16 AM

If you don't mind the Chinese government knowing every single thing there is to know about you, that's up to you, psrb.

PSRB
04-30-2019, 11:24 AM
If you don't mind the Chinese government knowing every single thing there is to know about you, that's up to you, psrb.

Nothing less than Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc know about me :shrug:

PSRB
04-30-2019, 11:29 AM
https://www.t3.com/reviews/huawei-p30-pro-review

Probably the best camera in the market

Burney
04-30-2019, 11:31 AM
https://www.t3.com/reviews/huawei-p30-pro-review

Probably the best camera in the market

I'm sure it is. If I wanted to spy on my enemies using their dupes of citizens, I'd make sure I put a really good camera on my means of doing so.

Ash
04-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Nothing less than Google, Facebook, Amazon, etc know about me :shrug:

And the CIA, NSA etc.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-30-2019, 12:14 PM
I'm sure it is. If I wanted to spy on my enemies using their dupes of citizens, I'd make sure I put a really good camera on my means of doing so.

Relax b. The threat is no more real than climate change and it's the same scurrilous band of lefty trouble makers spreading the fear and obfuscation. And anyway, the chinee are guaranteed to show discretion with the pictures of your "shed" activities.

AFC East
04-30-2019, 12:36 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if certain individuals stood to gain from a deal, but surely the main driver is the imminent need for a trade deal with China.

Depending on where the equipment is installed the threat is somewhat overblown. I suspect the American reaction is as much to do with our warming relationship as it is any real security concern.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-30-2019, 01:09 PM

I'm sure the UK government conducted their anti-bribery and corruption training conforming to best practice and with strict penalties for non-conformers.

AFC East
04-30-2019, 01:20 PM
I'm sure the UK government conducted their anti-bribery and corruption training conforming to best practice and with strict penalties for non-conformers.

Lol.......

The Insider
04-30-2019, 04:48 PM

Well said, they are our mobile partner, which is why I have one.

**** hot and better than any of the idiotPhone sit peddled by Apple - and do you not think that they are listening??

redgunamo
04-30-2019, 05:15 PM
We're just using them as a cat's paw or honey trap to find out who, in Washington, is on the take. The Chinese are helping us do it as they need a deal more than we do. The success of the scheme will determine whether they get a good one or a great one. #maga

I wouldn’t be surprised if certain individuals stood to gain from a deal, but surely the main driver is the imminent need for a trade deal with China.

Depending on where the equipment is installed the threat is somewhat overblown. I suspect the American reaction is as much to do with our warming relationship as it is any real security concern.

Monty92
04-30-2019, 05:34 PM

I tried watching that clip but kept getting distracted by the absolute dreamboat of a translator :love:

redgunamo
04-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Just read DAG Rosenstein's resignation letter. In it, he quotes not only Thomas Paine and Ed Levi, but also Robert H. Jackson
:yikes:

And the CIA, NSA etc.

redgunamo
05-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Let's hope so .. :-( https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-30/vodafone-found-hidden-backdoors-in-huawei-equipment

Relax b. The threat is no more real than climate change and it's the same scurrilous band of lefty trouble makers spreading the fear and obfuscation. And anyway, the chinee are guaranteed to show discretion with the pictures of your "shed" activities.

eastgermanautos
05-01-2019, 11:20 AM

Because I have no knowledge of the matter, I think it's very appropriate to wade right in. Isn't it that the Brits are sidling up with the Chinky Chinks as part of an effort to strike back at the Russky Dogs who felt they could come right in and fvck up Albion?

Isn't that what this is about? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.