PDA

View Full Version : Fascinating piece on the disappearance of Tony Slattery

PSRB
04-29-2019, 09:24 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/apr/29/tony-slattery-had-very-happy-time-went-slightly-barmy

Very sad

Sir C
04-29-2019, 09:39 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2019/apr/29/tony-slattery-had-very-happy-time-went-slightly-barmy

Very sad

Got famous, made some money, overdid the booze and charlie, fúcked his career.

Now rather then take responsibility for being a bit silly, he roots around and finds a memory of #something that happened when he was 8' involving 'a priest'. :rolleyes:

Yes Tony, of course you're a victim and it's all someone else's fault. In 2019, it's always someone else's fault.

Ash
04-29-2019, 09:42 AM
I never got why he was considered talented. On "Who's Line ... " he was always the unfunny cùnt who was trying too hard, and his prototype Kryten in Red Dwarf was terrible.

7sisters
04-29-2019, 09:43 AM

Very sad

He looks sh*t. Quite dashing in his day but not overly redeeming as a comic entity, iirc.
Poor B@stard.

Ash
In 2019, it's always someone else's fault.

The refs have not been terribly kind to us of late, tbf.

Pat Vegas
I never got why he was considered talented. On "Who's Line ... " he was always the unfunny cùnt who was trying too hard, and his prototype Kryten in Red Dwarf was terrible.

I was quite young when that was on. I had the impression he was the 'edgy' one?

PSRB
04-29-2019, 09:45 AM
I was quite young when that was on. I had the impression he was the 'edgy' one?

Was a bit of a less funny Jimmy Carr, iirc

Sir C
04-29-2019, 09:49 AM

:nod: He always looks like he was out of his depth intellectually.

Sir C
04-29-2019, 09:50 AM
The refs have not been terribly kind to us of late, tbf.

It's still our fault, isn't it? Unless Henrik Mikiwhatever was abused as a child and that's what stops him behaving like a professional footballer?

Pat Vegas
04-29-2019, 09:51 AM
It's still our fault, isn't it? Unless Henrik Mikiwhatever was abused as a child and that's what stops him behaving like a professional footballer?

I think his baldness is on his mind.

PSRB
04-29-2019, 09:52 AM

He was woeful.

Sir C
04-29-2019, 09:54 AM
I think his baldness is on his mind.

I think he might be the worst player I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. And I watched John Hawley.

It's not that he can't control a football, or pass a football, or that he can't run, or tackle; it that he doesn't do any of these things. It's like he's on strike, or sulking. Or dead.

Pat Vegas
04-29-2019, 09:56 AM
I think he might be the worst player I have ever seen in an Arsenal shirt. And I watched John Hawley.

It's not that he can't control a football, or pass a football, or that he can't run, or tackle; it that he doesn't do any of these things. It's like he's on strike, or sulking. Or dead.

he seems a sad man.

He clearly has more talent that what he is showing. :-(

Sir C
04-29-2019, 09:57 AM
He was woeful.

Woeful? No mate, Gervinho was woeful. Chamakh was woeful. This bloke is in a league of his own.

Pat Vegas
04-29-2019, 10:02 AM
Woeful? No mate, Gervinho was woeful. Chamakh was woeful. This bloke is in a league of his own.

I think Gervinho got a rough deal.
On a highlights video of the time he was around he seemed to score a lot.
Probably facts and figures will tell a different story though :-(

Sir C
04-29-2019, 10:03 AM
I think Gervinho got a rough deal.
On a highlights video of the time he was around he seemed to score a lot.
Probably facts and figures will tell a different story though :-(

Gervinho was made of smoke.

I once watched him knocked over by the gravitational field of an opposing player.

In short, Gervinho went down more easily thatn your mum.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-29-2019, 10:35 AM
Pat Vegas "he seems a sad man.

He clearly has more talent that what he is showing. "

Tony Slattery?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-29-2019, 10:45 AM
:nod: He always looks like he was out of his depth intellectually.

Grammar school boy who won a scholarship to Trinity College, Cambridge, who had intended to continue a career in academia before Footlights found him.

Guess he was thick as pigshît.

IUFG
04-29-2019, 10:46 AM

:nod:

And Iwobi.

Iwobi? A man masquerading as a professional footballer.

The outfield equivalent of Manuel Almunia. :mad:

Sir C
04-29-2019, 10:47 AM
Grammar school boy who won a scholarship to Trinity College, Cambridge, who had intended to continue a career in academia before Footlights found him.

Guess he was thick as pigshît.

Yes, I appreciate that he was quite the clever clogs - he just looked out of his depth. A matter of confidence, perhaps.

Rich
04-29-2019, 10:56 AM
:nod:

And Iwobi.

Iwobi? A man masquerading as a professional footballer.

The outfield equivalent of Manuel Almunia. :mad:

Yes, but doesn't he run about a lot? Up the wing, down the wing, tracking back, bursting forward. He never seems to tire. I think that is why Unai is so fond of him.

Sure, he's not very good at football but must be bloody annoying to play against as he refuses to stop running everywhere.

IUFG
04-29-2019, 11:07 AM
Yes, but doesn't he run about a lot? Up the wing, down the wing, tracking back, bursting forward. He never seems to tire. I think that is why Unai is so fond of him.

Sure, he's not very good at football but must be bloody annoying to play against as he refuses to stop running everywhere.

Work-rate over talent?

All that running back is fine, but when you can't tackle...

Rich
04-29-2019, 11:15 AM
Work-rate over talent?

All that running back is fine, but when you can't tackle...

Maybe so, but that is what Unai's vision entails.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-29-2019, 11:17 AM
He's also good at perfectly-weighted pass-backs to the opposing goalkeeper

IUFG
04-29-2019, 11:18 AM
He's also good at perfectly-weighted pass-backs to the opposing goalkeeper

That was especially remarkable yesterday, after running with the ball as fast as he was and then to get such a dainty touch on the ball ...

Maravilloso Marvo
04-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Got famous, made some money, overdid the booze and charlie, fúcked his career.

Now rather then take responsibility for being a bit silly, he roots around and finds a memory of #something that happened when he was 8' involving 'a priest'. :rolleyes:

Yes Tony, of course you're a victim and it's all someone else's fault. In 2019, it's always someone else's fault.

Doesn't he use the priest experience to explain why he had a reputation of having anger issues but in his hey day. Pretty sure he knows it was his choices with drinks and drugs and his un-diagnosed bipolar that fcuked up his career.

Sir C
04-29-2019, 12:10 PM
Doesn't he use the priest experience to explain why he had a reputation of having anger issues but in his hey day. Pretty sure he knows it was his choices with drinks and drugs and his un-diagnosed bipolar that fcuked up his career.

But doesn't he suggest that the drink and drugs were a reaction to the 'anger issues'? Anger issues :hehe:

Undiagnosed bipolar :hehe:

What next, did he have a fúcking peanut allergy? Gluten intolerance? Any other pretend issues made up to remove responsibility from the individual?

7sisters
04-29-2019, 12:25 PM

Couple of tweets here from our much loved member from the Emerald Isle I’ve just noticed. I think he needs to explain himself.

Mkhytarian on the pitch 2 minutes and we score. Coincidence?
Mkhytarian, a steal at only 30m
Last night was a good result but I saw a lot of hate for Mkhytarian. Poor game but people need to calm the **** down.

Burney
04-29-2019, 12:30 PM
But doesn't he suggest that the drink and drugs were a reaction to the 'anger issues'? Anger issues :hehe:

Undiagnosed bipolar :hehe:

What next, did he have a fúcking peanut allergy? Gluten intolerance? Any other pretend issues made up to remove responsibility from the individual?

Irish, so the drink was a given. Also, cocaine is really good fun. Why wouldn’t anyone who can afford to take a load of it, ffs?

This is not about ‘darkness’ or ‘anger’, it’s about preferring inebriation to sobriety - as any rational and intelligent person does.

A priest slinging one up you has no bearing on the matter.

Sir C
04-29-2019, 12:38 PM
Couple of tweets here from our much loved member from the Emerald Isle I’ve just noticed. I think he needs to explain himself.

Mkhytarian on the pitch 2 minutes and we score. Coincidence?
Mkhytarian, a steal at only 30m
Last night was a good result but I saw a lot of hate for Mkhytarian. Poor game but people need to calm the **** down.

Where is that Weller-bothering paddy, I wonder?

Perhaps he hates us :cry:

Sir C
04-29-2019, 12:40 PM
Irish, so the drink was a given. Also, cocaine is really good fun. Why wouldn’t anyone who can afford to take a load of it, ffs?

This is not about ‘darkness’ or ‘anger’, it’s about preferring inebriation to sobriety - as any rational and intelligent person does.

A priest slinging one up you has no bearing on the matter.

Mind you, his claim of 10g per day made me splutter a bit.

I mean, at my peak of performance I defy any man to get through the bugle at the rate I managed, but 10g per day? Get to fúck. You'd be dead in 48 hours.