PDA

View Full Version : i don't give a rat's about golf but to do it 11 years on from your

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-14-2019, 06:30 PM
pomp! - what a mensch

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-14-2019, 07:56 PM
pomp! - what a mensch

Golf's shît. Massive money barrier to starting to play. {Did you know Eton college has more Olympic medals in Equestrian, rowing and sailing than the entire continent of Africa?}

Babyfoot {table football} - now that's a proper sport.

WES
04-14-2019, 08:12 PM
Golf's shît. Massive money barrier to starting to play. {Did you know Eton college has more Olympic medals in Equestrian, rowing and sailing than the entire continent of Africa?}

Babyfoot {table football} - now that's a proper sport.

Eton are scum - FACT!

bbrian
04-14-2019, 09:28 PM
pomp! - what a mensch

Thank you Herb for posting about golf ...that back nine today was pure unadulterated drama. Not many sporting/game occasions are able to match it . Well done El Tigre

Tony C
04-14-2019, 11:10 PM
Lewis & Tiger won me loads :cloud9:

Lovely day....terrific.

redgunamo
04-15-2019, 09:44 AM
Right. And isn't he only now at the age when the greatest players started really winning? Old Man's game and a' that..?

Always seemed ridiculous to write him off.

pomp! - what a mensch

Burney
04-15-2019, 09:49 AM
pomp! - what a mensch

Meh. Jack Nicklaus won his last major when he was 46 - roughly 20 years after his pomp. And he did it whilst apparently being able to keep his cock in his trousers (or at least not getting caught).

PSRB
04-15-2019, 09:52 AM
Lewis & Tiger won me loads :cloud9:

Lovely day....terrific.

Most exciting part of the F1 was the Mercedes double stacking the pit stop, dull as dishwater bar that. After Bahrain, had hoped for better.

Burney
04-15-2019, 09:54 AM
Most exciting part of the F1 was the Mercedes double stacking the pit stop, dull as dishwater bar that. After Bahrain, had hoped for better.

Anyone die or get horribly burnt? If not, I fail to see the point.

redgunamo
04-15-2019, 09:57 AM
:hehe: A valuable interjection from AWIMB's Women's Lib/#MeToo detachment there.

Meh. Jack Nicklaus won his last major when he was 46 - roughly 20 years after his pomp. And he did it whilst apparently being able to keep his cock in his trousers (or at least not getting caught).

Burney
04-15-2019, 10:02 AM
:hehe: A valuable interjection from AWIMB's Women's Lib/#MeToo detachment there.

Not at all. I just find Woods a rather unattractive character and having his rather tawdry sexcapades publicised has done nothing to alter my opinion of the miserable, grubby little wánker.

redgunamo
04-15-2019, 10:15 AM
Quite, but only #MeToo sorts care about all that. See the crowds, the ratings, the sponsors, the reaction from his fellow players; Woods is big box office and everybody loves that.

Not at all. I just find Woods a rather unattractive character and having his rather tawdry sexcapades publicised has done nothing to alter my opinion of the miserable, grubby little wánker.

Burney
04-15-2019, 10:17 AM
Quite, but only #MeToo sorts care about all that. See the crowds, the ratings, the sponsors, the reaction from his fellow players; Woods is big box office and everybody loves that.

To be honest, I find it slightly odd. He is not only not charismatic, he is off-puttingly dour. In that sense he reminds me strongly of Andy Murray.

redgunamo
04-15-2019, 10:26 AM
Fair enough, but perhaps in this era of fake news, surely so-called character issues are even more irrelevant than ever. After all, how can we be certain that any apparently respectable celebrity has not merely been the beneficiary of kid glove treatment from the press?

Woods just seems a normal, ordinary bloke to me. Apart from his golf game.

Frankly, you can't have it both ways. How does describing him as not charismatic and off-puttingly dour square with the fact that you also choose to pull away your skirts and banter him off for banging lots of random beaver left, right and centre?

Perhaps if the papers had been prepared to talk about his tawdry sex-capades before, he might never have been thought of as being not c and o-p d in the first place.

Seriously, people get told off for being boring and then when it turns out they are , in fact, very much not boring at all, they get told off for that too :homer:

To be honest, I find it slightly odd. He is not only not charismatic, he is off-puttingly dour. In that sense he reminds me strongly of Andy Murray.