PDA

View Full Version : I see there's one of those 'The Universe is Really Big' videos doing the rounds on

Burney
04-12-2019, 09:30 AM
social media.

Naturally, this is accompanied by thousands of slack-jawed fúckwits going 'Wow!' and prating about how it 'really puts things into perspective'.

Does it fúck. I just find the Universe annoying. What's the point in me knowing it's really fúcking big? Most of it's empty and I'm never going to go there anyway. Besides, we're basically all still píssing about in our own Solar System, which is the equivalent of trying to understand the Pacific by paddling in a rockpool. How utterly fúcking pointless it all seems. The only thing the Universe is ever going to do for us is destroy us one of these millennia. It can fúck off.

So frankly, if it's all the same to you, I would prefer to go about my life pretending it matters and never give any thought to the fúcking Universe because it's a **** and only ****s care about it imo. Bóllocks to it.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 09:50 AM
social media.

Naturally, this is accompanied by thousands of slack-jawed fúckwits going 'Wow!' and prating about how it 'really puts things into perspective'.

Does it fúck. I just find the Universe annoying. What's the point in me knowing it's really fúcking big? Most of it's empty and I'm never going to go there anyway. Besides, we're basically all still píssing about in our own Solar System, which is the equivalent of trying to understand the Pacific by paddling in a rockpool. How utterly fúcking pointless it all seems. The only thing the Universe is ever going to do for us is destroy us one of these millennia. It can fúck off.

So frankly, if it's all the same to you, I would prefer to go about my life pretending it matters and never give any thought to the fúcking Universe because it's a **** and only ****s care about it imo. Bóllocks to it.

Actually the universe is pretty interesting.

The odd thing, as far as I'm concerned, is this idea that the universe is expanding, which suggests that there must be an end to it. What happens when you reach the edge, then? What's outside the universe? Nothing? There can't be nothing because nothing, by definition, isn't anything.

So the answer is obviously God.

Both you and Richard Dawkins can push that up your shítters.

Burney
04-12-2019, 09:58 AM

The odd thing, as far as I'm concerned, is this idea that the universe is expanding, which suggests that there must be an end to it. What happens when you reach the edge, then? What's outside the universe? Nothing? There can't be nothing because nothing, by definition, isn't anything.

God wouldn't waste that much space and time on something so utterly pointless. He'd have knocked out a few more useful planets. I mean seriously, it's just a massive waste of space.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 10:00 AM
God wouldn't waste that much space and time on something so utterly pointless. He'd have knocked out a few more useful planets. I mean seriously, it's just a massive waste of space.

He mqay have a long term plan going on that's way beyond your comprehension. The bloke's omnisicent, for fúck's sake. That much is scientifically proven in any case.

Burney
04-12-2019, 10:03 AM
He mqay have a long term plan going on that's way beyond your comprehension. The bloke's omnisicent, for fúck's sake. That much is scientifically proven in any case.

He's sitting on a massive amount of real estate and doing fúck all with it. He should outsource development to Wimpey or Barratt Homes imo.

Luis Anaconda
04-12-2019, 10:04 AM
social media.

This is how I feel about the US. Sorry Chief is you are lurking

Burney
04-12-2019, 10:07 AM
This is how I feel about the US. Sorry Chief is you are lurking

But at least you can actually go to the States if you want. You can't go to Alpha Centauri, so what's the point in knowing about it? :shrug:

Sir C
04-12-2019, 10:09 AM
But at least you can actually go to the States if you want. You can't go to Alpha Centauri, so what's the point in knowing about it? :shrug:

You can't if you've made a vow not to.

Ha!

Burney
04-12-2019, 10:12 AM
You can't if you've made a vow not to.

Ha!

Your vow is silly.

There. I've said it.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 10:12 AM
Your vow is silly.

There. I've said it.

Why? Your argument is unconvincing so far.

Burney
04-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Why? Your argument is unconvincing so far.

Because it was clearly made in a fit of pique. And forswearing a massive country of 300 million people because you were roughly handled by immigration officials is just a teensy bit silly.

And, of course, it's silly because you'd obviously break your vow if the necessity arose.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Because it was clearly made in a fit of pique. And forswearing a massive country of 300 million people because you were roughly handled by immigration officials is just a teensy bit silly.

And, of course, it's silly because you'd obviously break your vow if the necessity arose.

1. It was most certainly not a fit of pique.
2. It was only partially the immigration incident. The straw that broke the proverbial was being ina bar showing the local college football game on TV. Grown men whooping and high-fiving about a school gay rugby match. And the fúcking Blue Angels did a flyby. Wánkers.
3. If, by necessity, you refer to the exigences of business, certainly I would. Of what use are vows, honour, pride or dignity in business?

Burney
04-12-2019, 10:31 AM
2. It was only partially the immigration incident. The straw that broke the proverbial was being ina bar showing the local college football game on TV. Grown men whooping and high-fiving about a school gay rugby match. And the fúcking Blue Angels did a flyby. Wánkers.
3. If, by necessity, you refer to the exigences of business, certainly I would. Of what use are vows, honour, pride or dignity in business?

Hmmm. It does sound a bit piquey, though. :rubchin:

Still, it's good to know that, were your glw there on business and - say - kidnapped by Appalachian Mountain Men, you would not allow your grumpy huff to get in the way of you going there to rescue her. :thumbup:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 10:32 AM

Sounds like they committed the cardinal sin of being indifferent to you ya self important pompous old goat.

Burney
04-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Sounds like they committed the cardinal sin of being indifferent to you ya self important pompous old goat.

Why must you be so rude, h? Why? It's like some sort of compulsion.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 11:12 AM

Who, or what, might a 'ya' be? Odious fellow.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-12-2019, 12:14 PM

Actually, if you keep going in one direction you end up back where you started {in space, but not in time, obv.}

You're right about God, though. Various different elements from myriad different dying stars form into complex molecules here and start self-replicating. That's weird enough. But even if we then have unicellular lifeforms in the sea, the idea that we just end up with our level of consciousness simply by accident is patently nonsense.

'Course Shiva set it all up. Our consciousness is just Shiva opening His third eye as a means of understanding Himself. Otherwise you could break into a school science Lab on a Friday night, mix up a few chemicals and leave them over a low bunsen, and you'd have weird talking amoebae by Monday morning.

Ash
04-12-2019, 12:22 PM
He's sitting on a massive amount of real estate and doing fúck all with it. He should outsource development to Wimpey or Barratt Homes imo.

The universe is going up in value so he doesn't need to do anything with it. Like property oligarchs in London, He's going to sell it off to another god in a few billion years time.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Actually, if you keep going in one direction you end up back where you started {in space, but not in time, obv.}

You're right about God, though. Various different elements from myriad different dying stars form into complex molecules here and start self-replicating. That's weird enough. But even if we then have unicellular lifeforms in the sea, the idea that we just end up with our level of consciousness simply by accident is patently nonsense.

'Course Shiva set it all up. Our consciousness is just Shiva opening His third eye as a means of understanding Himself. Otherwise you could break into a school science Lab on a Friday night, mix up a few chemicals and leave them over a low bunsen, and you'd have weird talking amoebae by Monday morning.

You realise that the worship of these false idols makes Jesus sad, don't you? :-(

Ash
04-12-2019, 12:32 PM

One of your better posts, if you don't mind me being a slightly patronising cùnt.

Consciousness is really weird, when you start thinking about it. And the more you think about it the weirder it can feel, especially if you hit that meta-self-analytical spiral. Like, maaan. Your Shiva explanation could be seductively comforting - were I not to snap out of it and remember I'm actually a hard-nosed materialist who has put childish notions of Supreme Beings behind me. :nod:

Sir C
04-12-2019, 12:39 PM
One of your better posts, if you don't mind me being a slightly patronising cùnt.

Consciousness is really weird, when you start thinking about it. And the more you think about it the weirder it can feel, especially if you hit that meta-self-analytical spiral. Like, maaan. Your Shiva explanation could be seductively comforting - were I not to snap out of it and remember I'm actually a hard-nosed materialist who has put childish notions of Supreme Beings behind me. :nod:

Have you had a wee toke at lunchtime, a?

Ash
04-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Have you had a wee toke at lunchtime, a?

:hehe: Not for many years, sadly. I can still vaguely remember how to feel stoned though.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 01:57 PM
:hehe: Not for many years, sadly. I can still vaguely remember how to feel stoned though.

Apparently you can get thon oil which you can enjoy by means of a vaporiser. Had I youth and expertise on my side I think I would enjoy this activity.

04-12-2019, 02:14 PM

Just out of interest, what do you say the many from myriad different cultures who have direct experience of the Divine and of the higher planes of consciousness?

You think they all just imagined it?

And if you did think that, does it not interest you that many different humans in different epochs, continents and cultures all have near identical experiences (or imaginings or hallucinations or however you choose to label their experiences)?

Are you sure you're not making the usual mistake of confusing the direct experience of Divinity with learnt religion? Just because most religious people are fückwits doesn't mean that those who've actually experienced these planes are lying.

It might also make you question why those Abrahamic religions with no concept of transcendental mysticism are the most likely to say theirs is the only way and to kill unbelievers in the name of a God of Pure Love.

While those who have direct experience of the Infinite Eternal Omniscient Omnipotent Hyper-Intelligence of Pure Love don't.

You don't see Buddhists Monks, Hindu Sadhus and hardcore acidheads gong around saying "ours is the only way. Convert or die", do you?

04-12-2019, 02:27 PM
You realise that the worship of these false idols makes Jesus sad, don't you? :-(

Hate to break it to you, C, but Jeez was a Vedic.

c.500BC Buddha obtains enlightenment.

c. 270BC Ashoka the great unifies India and converts everyone to Buddhism, introducing written language to the sub-continent and putting up his 33 pillars of human and animal rights.

Buddhism remains the dominant religion there until c. C4th-C6th AD.

c.0BC 3 wise men come from the East. And they must be Buddhists. {see above.}

c.12/13AD Young Jeez kicks off with the Pharisees in the temple as he realises Yîds know fück all about God and all support the Sperz, anyway.

He goes off into the Wilderness, which is to the East, which as said, leads to the Buddhist sub-continent. Every thought that perhaps the 3 wise men left a map or calling card?

c.30 AD After 17 years bumming round India studying Buddhism, like any self-respecting backpacker, Jeez comes back and performs his first miracle. Turning water into wine, and not just any wine, but the best any of them had ever drunk. Which shows Jeez was bang up for getting off his head, just like Hindu sadhus do with charas out there.

c.30-33AD. Jeez now spends 3 years explaining Buddhism to Yîds in words of one syllable. Think only about the quotes directly attributed to Jeez in the 4 Gospels. Turn the other cheek, do unto others, the way to God is though your heart etc. All the parables about kindness (Good Samaritan) and forgiveness (Prodigal son.)

And compare this to the unloving, vengeful, violent, unforgiving Judaism of the Old Testament.

Does Jesus sound more like a Buddhist or a Jew?

c.33AD An alliance of Yîds and Wops nail him up for being a nice peaceful, Buddhist and making them question their own fückwitted religions.

See, C? All makes sense now, init?

Sir C
04-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Load of old nonsense.

Everyone knows God made Buddha and everything else some 6,000 years ago FACT.

Jesus is a third of God, see?

Easy.

04-12-2019, 02:38 PM
Load of old nonsense.

Easy.

As ever, C, I defer to your greater theological insight.

But if Jesus is a third of God, why doesn't he bring back to life the other third that's deaded itself despite being Holy?

And if it walks around with its head under its arm, does it still have a halo?

Burney
04-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Load of old nonsense.

Easy.

:nono: Jesus is God, but so are God and their insubstantial friend, the Holy Spirit. They are all different, but the same. They are each parts of God, but at the same time they are each completely God.

It's really very simple. Much better than Ganpati's hippy elephant-worshipping nonsense.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 02:45 PM
:nono: Jesus is God, but so are God and their insubstantial friend, the Holy Spirit. They are all different, but the same. They are each parts of God, but at the same time they are each completely God.

It's really very simple. Much better than Ganpati's hippy elephant-worshipping nonsense.

That's what I said. It's a simple triology. Three in one whilst three of three. Like those musketeers. Couldn't be simpler.

Burney
04-12-2019, 02:51 PM
That's what I said. It's a simple triology. Three in one whilst three of three. Like those musketeers. Couldn't be simpler.

The way I had it explained to me was that rather than thinking of it as 1+1+1=3, you should think of it as 1x1x1=1.

This, I felt, cleared the whole thing up admirably and proved how much better being a Catholic is than being a dirty, ignorant heathen or (worse) a foul, hell-bound heretic.

Sir C
04-12-2019, 02:59 PM
The way I had it explained to me was that rather than thinking of it as 1+1+1=3, you should think of it as 1x1x1=1.

This, I felt, cleared the whole thing up admirably and proved how much better being a Catholic is than being a dirty, ignorant heathen or (worse) a foul, hell-bound heretic.

I once asked for an explanation but what I got was a good bang round the ear 'ole. This, of course, served to knock the Truths of Mother Church firmly into my sinner's cranium, and I thank God for it on a daily basis.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Why must you be so rude, h? Why? It's like some sort of compulsion.

Well he's always beastly to me b. Torments me for having been a tradesman and makes salty jokes about it in front of the whole board :-(

Burney
04-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Well he's always beastly to me b. Torments me for having been a tradesman and makes salty jokes about it in front of the whole board :-(

I agree he can be mean, but you often get your retaliation in first, don't you, h? Hmmm?

Perhaps if you approached him in a spirit of friendship and without your usual rancour, he would respond in kind?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Just out of interest, what do you say the many from myriad different cultures who have direct experience of the Divine and of the higher planes of consciousness?

And if you did think that, does it not interest you that many different humans in different epochs, continents and cultures all have near identical experiences (or imaginings or hallucinations or however you choose to label their experiences)?

Are you sure you're not making the usual mistake of confusing the direct experience of Divinity with learnt religion? Just because most religious people are fückwits doesn't mean that those who've actually experienced these planes are lying.

It might also make you question why those Abrahamic religions with no concept of transcendental mysticism are the most likely to say theirs is the only way and to kill unbelievers in the name of a God of Pure Love.

While those who have direct experience of the Infinite Eternal Omniscient Omnipotent Hyper-Intelligence of Pure Love don't.

You don't see Buddhists Monks, Hindu Sadhus and hardcore acidheads gong around saying "ours is the only way. Convert or die", do you?

They've all just been smoking the weed gan

Burney
04-12-2019, 03:18 PM

No. They've just been making shít up and convincing themselves to believe that things that aren't real.

Human beings are very good at this.

04-12-2019, 03:28 PM

Yeah? We've just got one God. But He comes in 3 main flavours. The 2nd of which Vishnu has incarnated about ten times, including as Rama and Krishna. And the 3rd, Shiva, is simultaneously the same as and different from his wife, Parvati, who's also an re-incarnation of his first wife Sati, but Parvati also incarnates as pure destruction, Kali. And then we've got millions of others Gods, too. Durga, Ganga etc.

So if it comes to a God ruck, we'd win.

And anyway, as I said, Jeez is one of ours anyway. Read his teachings and honestly tell me he sounds more like a ¥id than a Buddhist.

And that is why there is some essential element of civility in Christianity which is lacking in the other two Abrahamic religions.

Ash
04-12-2019, 03:29 PM

Oh, I've experienced it myself, thanks to psychedelic stimulants. My materialism isn't absolute, but it's a policy to stop myself believing in absolute crap.

There are many theories out there, but as a wise man said, the chances of ever finding out what's really going on are so absurdly remote the only thing to do is to screw the sense of it all and keep yourself occupied.

Infinite Eternal Omniscient Omnipotent Hyper-Intelligence of Pure Love

Love is the Law! Love under Will!

I would unpick the IEOOHIPL but I don't have time today.

04-12-2019, 03:34 PM

A greater theological truth than anything in the old Testament or the Koran.

Well done, C. They should make you archbish.

Burney
04-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Yeah? We've just got one God. But He comes in 3 main flavours. The 2nd of which Vishnu has incarnated about ten times, including as Rama and Krishna. And the 3rd, Shiva, is simultaneously the same as and different from his wife, Parvati, who's also an re-incarnation of his first wife Sati, but Parvati also incarnates as pure destruction, Kali. And then we've got millions of others Gods, too. Durga, Ganga etc.

So if it comes to a God ruck, we'd win.

And anyway, as I said, Jeez is one of ours anyway. Read his teachings and honestly tell me he sounds more like a ¥id than a Buddhist.

And that is why there is some essential element of civility in Christianity which is lacking in the other two Abrahamic religions.

But your Gods aren't real, gg. :shrug:

The Big Man has seen you pantheists off before and he'll have no difficulty doing so again.

I have read His teachings. He is very insistent on the doctrinal authority of the Old Testament. I doubt a Buddhist would have been.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 03:43 PM
I agree he can be mean, but you often get your retaliation in first, don't you, h? Hmmm?

Perhaps if you approached him in a spirit of friendship and without your usual rancour, he would respond in kind?

Well we'll see b. But the second he cocks a snook at me or ****s me off cos of me grammer or mentions jobbies in U pipes it's off!

04-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Nah, Herbs, that's the thing.

The sadhus have been smoking chillums non-stop, I grant you.

And the acid heads have been boshing the rips.

But what about the Buddhist monks, hhhmm?

In around 1990 some mates of mine were squatting near to a Buddhist monastery just outside London and they got a load of ketamine in. The squatters, not the Buddhists.

So anyway, my mates started boshing the K, and metaphorically speaking, started stomping round the astral planes in their dirty great Doc Martins reeking of Spesh.

2 days later, the Buddhist abbot knocks on the door and comes in. He says he has no problem with them trying to understand these states of consciousness or even being hedonistic druggies. He just wants them to understand that for all his monks, getting to these states of consciousness without drugs requires a lot of hard work.

And if, when his monks get into those states, they encounter some crusty having an out of body experience, while another is wobbling in and out of the plane, moaning that he should have had a bigger line, then they find it off putting and it makes it impossible for them to meditate.

Obviously the guys and girls in the squat apologised profusely and said they'd save the rest of the K for Saturday night in a Hackney warehouse which would mean they wouldn't disturb the honest monks.

So, given this post is entirely true, how do you explain the Kayed-up crusties and the drug free monks inhabiting the same astral planes?

04-12-2019, 03:48 PM
Oh, I've experienced it myself, thanks to psychedelic stimulants. My materialism isn't absolute, but it's a policy to stop myself believing in absolute crap.

There are many theories out there, but as a wise man said, the chances of ever finding out what's really going on are so absurdly remote the only thing to do is to screw the sense of it all and keep yourself occupied.

Love is the Law! Love under Will!

I would unpick the IEOOHIPL but I don't have time today.

But then how do you explain the fact that Buddhists, Sadhus, drugged up crusties, druids on mushrooms etc all get to the same planes?

If it's just the drugs, explain the Buddhists?

Just just make it easier to access - as 4.5k years of Hindu sadhus will tell you. But they don't create those states, otherwise Buddhists monks wouldn't get there. They are just a short cut to opening the door.

04-12-2019, 03:52 PM
But your Gods aren't real, gg. :shrug:

The Big Man has seen you pantheists off before and he'll have no difficulty doing so again.

I have read His teachings. He is very insistent on the doctrinal authority of the Old Testament. I doubt a Buddhist would have been.

Bøllocks, is he.

He says turn the other cheek. None of this Hebrew Eye for an Eye nonsense. If a man steals your jacket, give him your jumper as well. That's hippy Buddhism.

And without wishing to be racist, if all those lot in Palestine/Israel had a bit more "do unto others" and a bit less "my religion is the only way so I'm gonna smite you" the world would be a better place.

Abrahamics are fückwits. The thing that makes Christianity different is that JC himself was actually a Vedic, not an Abrahamic.

Burney
04-12-2019, 03:55 PM
But then how do you explain the fact that Buddhists, Sadhus, drugged up crusties, druids on mushrooms etc all get to the same planes?

If it's just the drugs, explain the Buddhists?

Just just make it easier to access - as 4.5k years of Hindu sadhus will tell you. But they don't create those states, otherwise Buddhists monks wouldn't get there. They are just a short cut to opening the door.

They all get to the same ‘plane’ for the same reason most people agree that the sky is blue and that salt tastes salty - because we’re all wired up pretty much the same and have similar chemical responses to particular stimuli - regardless of whether the trigger for that stimulus comes in the form of days of fasting and meditation or a tab of acid. :shrug:
There’s nothing mystical or spiritual about that.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Are you saying they were bumping into each other on the astral plane but not physically?

Burney
04-12-2019, 04:03 PM
Bøllocks, is he.

He says turn the other cheek. None of this Hebrew Eye for an Eye nonsense. If a man steals your jacket, give him your jumper as well. That's hippy Buddhism.

And without wishing to be racist, if all those lot in Palestine/Israel had a bit more "do unto others" and a bit less "my religion is the only way so I'm gonna smite you" the world would be a better place.

Abrahamics are fückwits. The thing that makes Christianity different is that JC himself was actually a Vedic, not an Abrahamic.

He makes regular references to the inviolability of Mosaic law and references the scriptures constantly - he wasn't called 'Rabbi' for nothing. He was a Jewish heretic - he was not a Buddhist.

Also, he says and does things that are by no means non-violent. Turning over the tables of the money lenders in the temple (why would the temple have such meaning to a Buddhist, btw?) and saying "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Not very hippyish, is it?

Ash
04-12-2019, 04:17 PM

You may have a point here. Though 'east' could refer to somewhere a little closer, like Mesopotamia.

04-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Are you saying they were bumping into each other on the astral plane but not physically?

Yup.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

There house was at one end of the street, the monastery at the other. They'd been squatting there for a couple of months without any interaction or incident, but as soon as they got hold of all this K and started having out of body trips, the head honcho monk came and asked them nicely to stop.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Yup.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

There house was at one end of the street, the monastery at the other. They'd been squatting there for a couple of months without any interaction or incident, but as soon as they got hold of all this K and started having out of body trips, the head honcho monk came and asked them nicely to stop.

That's incredible. I had always thought that talk of different planes, astral or otherwise and "out-of-body" phenomena were the stuff 'o nonsense gan - oh wait! I still do :-)

04-12-2019, 04:27 PM
You may have a point here. Though 'east' could refer to somewhere a little closer, like Mesopotamia.

Mesopotamia's more S than East compared to Palestine, isn't it? And what was the religion of pre-Islamic Iraq?

I suppose they could be Persian Zoroastrianism, and there are some similarities with Vedism as it stems from the Proto-Indo-Iranian tradition, but there are just too many similarities with Buddhism.

Once you look only at the words of Jeez himself (not any letters or whatever) and you imagine a hippy Buddhist trying to explain the religion in words of one syllable to a bunch of Classical era Jews, it sort of makes sense.

Eg turn the other cheek, not eye for an eye. Because we should do unto others etc.

04-12-2019, 04:30 PM
That's incredible. I had always thought that talk of different planes, astral or otherwise and "out-of-body" phenomena were the stuff 'o nonsense gan - oh wait! I still do :-)

Care to give me a rationalist explanation for what happened?

{Btw, when you've actually experienced the Pure Love of Divinity, actually physically experienced it, you know that it's not some hallucination. That it's real, in fact more real than our reality. Oh, and if you've ever glanced Eternity you'll know it really is a long ****ing time. Like longer than everything, ever.}

Ash
04-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Mesopotamia's more S than East compared to Palestine, isn't it? And what was the religion of pre-Islamic Iraq?

I suppose they could be Persian Zoroastrianism, and there are some similarities with Vedism as it stems from the Proto-Indo-Iranian tradition, but there are just too many similarities with Buddhism.

Once you look only at the words of Jeez himself (not any letters or whatever) and you imagine a hippy Buddhist trying to explain the religion in words of one syllable to a bunch of Classical era Jews, it sort of makes sense.

Eg turn the other cheek, not eye for an eye. Because we should do unto others etc.

No, due East really. Not sure what was happening at year zero but before that you had the Babylonians and Assyrians and Sumerians. Possibly Hittites. They were all quite smitey tbf, and were quite into the King-as-God number, like the Egyptians.

Hah! Eureka! King of the Jews, eh? QED :judge:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 04:56 PM

{Btw, when you've actually experienced the Pure Love of Divinity, actually physically experienced it, you know that it's not some hallucination. That it's real, in fact more real than our reality. Oh, and if you've ever glanced Eternity you'll know it really is a long ****ing time. Like longer than everything, ever.}

I was a far more spritual creature when I was younger ganp. I would have out of the body experiences which I now believe may have been nothing more than lucid dreams.

I would also have exhilerating flying dreams in which I could propel myself to the stratosphere before gravity would lose pateince and I would turn round and hurtle earthwards at incredible velocity.

And I would often hear music that was multi-layered and fantastic, mutli-dimensional even and though I was listening to it I was also actually creating it in my mind.

None of these things happen anymore and I miss them but there was a darker side I do not miss. I would occasionally feel myself visited by a force that was unimaginably and pungently evil such that I would I was about to forfeit my very soul - how one might feel if one drifted too close to a black hole.

The terror that gripped me would grow exponentially so that it could only last a couple of seconds before I would wake and andI would be quite shaken for a couple of days. It felt to me that Satan himself had gazed on me. I still tremble slightly remembering it.

As the memories fade I begin to think it was all inside my own nut and to be honest, a whole years worth of flying like a god isn't worth a single second in the company of The Devil.

Ash
04-12-2019, 04:57 PM

Temporal dislocation, perhaps. Bell's theorem of non-local connectivity raises some interesting possibilities about dimensions of space and time. Doesn't prove there's a god though - just that there can be scientific explanations for metaphysical data.

Ash
04-12-2019, 05:00 PM
I was a far more spritual creature when I was younger ganp. I would have out of the body experiences which I now believe may have been nothing more than lucid dreams.

I would also have exhilerating flying dreams in which I could propel myself to the stratosphere before gravity would lose pateince and I would turn round and hurtle earthwards at incredible velocity.

And I would often hear music that was multi-layered and fantastic, mutli-dimensional even and though I was listening to it I was also actually creating it in my mind.

None of these things happen anymore and I miss them but there was a darker side I do not miss. I would occasionally feel myself visited by a force that was unimaginably and pungently evil such that I would I was about to forfeit my very soul - how one might feel if one drifted too close to a black hole.

The terror that gripped me would grow exponentially so that it could only last a couple of seconds before I would wake and andI would be quite shaken for a couple of days. It felt to me that Satan himself had gazed on me. I still tremble slightly remembering it.

As the memories fade I begin to think it was all inside my own nut and to be honest, a whole years worth of flying like a god isn't worth a single second in the company of The Devil.

Are you sure though? They say the Devil has the best choons, after all.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Are you sure though? They say the Devil has the best choons, after all.

No mate, that's just an old music aphorism. I really cannot articulate sufficiently how terrifying that spirit is. The abiding sense I was always left with was its enormous, immeasurable power.

Hold me Ash, for I am afraid again.

04-12-2019, 06:27 PM
Temporal dislocation, perhaps. Bell's theorem of non-local connectivity raises some interesting possibilities about dimensions of space and time. Doesn't prove there's a god though - just that there can be scientific explanations for metaphysical data.

Why does the scientific explanation disprove there's a God? Or prove there's a God?

The Big Bang, the splitting off of the four fundamental forces, the matter-anti-matter annihilation, the left over matter starting to fuse into protons, the formation of H, the gravity pulling it into stars, the let there be light fusion to He, and the creation of all other elements in dying stars of different sizes could be used to say there's no God, there's just laws of physics. Or it could be looking at how God Himself created the world.

{Personally, I think the whole of everything suddenly turning up from nowhere creating space time in an infinitesimally small, infinitesimally dense, infinitesimally hot point looks like the sort of stunt Shiva would pull when He's especially stoned, but I have no evidence to support this.}

Again, these elements from dying stars drifting here over 10m years until the creation of our solar system 4-5bya, and then forming molecules of increasing complexity until they suddenly start self-replicating and forming unicellular life could just be the laws of physics.

Or it could just be Shiva cheating after a particularly large chillum made His 3rd Eye twitch open a bit.

Likewise the fact that this unicellular life just dosses around for 3 bn years before suddenly exploding into multicellular life which eventually leads human consciousness to rise as if by magic in a period of only a 100k years, 1 bn years later could again just be the laws of physics.

Or you and I using this consciousness to discuss this subject, despite never having met, could just be Shiva using two tiny parts of His creation to try to understand Himself better.

You pays your money and you takes your choice, init?

04-12-2019, 06:38 PM

That's actually really interesting.

I have no idea why some people can feel that evil, satanic side, while others, while still having dark or bad trips, know it's simply the Divine being pissed off with them or mocking them. They never see or believe in any evil/anti-God/devil stuff.

I really don't know.

I argued about this spirituality with one of my best mates for years. (A West London sperzer of Irish extraction.) He told me that he'd been vaguely interested in the idea of satanism as a kid (perhaps a reaction to Catholic parents) but once when the was off it years later, the devil turned up ask asked if he really wanted to get to know him. To which my mate started whimpering "nooooo" and he just disappeared.

But last year, after 20 years of arguing about this, and giving me all the same rationalist stuff you have, he did a really big line of K under the duvet and Jesus and Buddha walked him to God, which he describes as Pure Love. As I'd been saying for 20 years.

But hey, perhaps I put that idea in his head. Or perhaps this is a state that people are evolving to, just like we evolved life, then complex life then consciousness.

Again, you pays you money.....

04-12-2019, 06:42 PM
No mate, that's just an old music aphorism. I really cannot articulate sufficiently how terrifying that spirit is. The abiding sense I was always left with was its enormous, immeasurable power.

Hold me Ash, for I am afraid again.

Exactly. I've glimpsed that a couple of times, and it is absolutely terrifying. Now imagine the inverse. You know how powerful and dark and scary and evil that felt? Imagine that as a positive pure love feeling. For hours on end.

But I've only seen that twice in the "I'm really the Devil - only kidding, just testing, lad, well done, you passed" kinda way.

But those two glances are all I need thank you very much.

I don't believe in satan or whatever. I just believe in God and know that He can take the right piss if He wants.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-12-2019, 07:09 PM
But I've only seen that twice in the "I'm really the Devil - only kidding, just testing, lad, well done, you passed" kinda way.
But those two glances are all I need thank you very much.

Well I may well source some of this ketamin of which you speak and take a peek.*

*but it don't make you my shaman right - you old fraud!

04-12-2019, 09:54 PM
Well I may well source some of this ketamin of which you speak and take a peek.*

*but it don't make you my shaman right - you old fraud!

Oh, it is good. If you wanna pm me an address, I'm sure I could talk one of my hardcore raver mates into sending you a little line gratis. Might take up to a month, though.

Leversun
04-03-2020, 06:51 AM
Who is already using such tools how video converter? I found the file converter here (https://onlineconvertfree.com/) I need a fast tool for convert any video.

Pokster
04-03-2020, 07:04 AM

Tony C Can't #jailbird