PDA

View Full Version : Assange gone.

redgunamo
04-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Given the bum's rush and arrested, apparently.

What'll they think of next :rubchin:

Burney
04-11-2019, 10:16 AM

The footage is most amusing. My favourite bit is the big copper trying not to laugh.

https://twitter.com/OldBlackHack/status/1116278563043409920

Ash
04-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Proper journalist that. Not one of these corporate whores. He is what used to be called in the Soviet Union a dissident.

Burney
04-11-2019, 10:23 AM
Proper journalist that. Not one of these corporate whores. He is what used to be called in the Soviet Union a dissident.

No. Simply vomiting out a bunch of data with no editing process, research or ethical considerations whatsoever is NOT journalism.

Sir C
04-11-2019, 10:39 AM

What about the rapey* tendencies?

*Allegedly.

Burney
04-11-2019, 10:46 AM

*Allegedly.

He looks to me like he absolutely fúcking honks. Needs a good hosing down, I reckon. Dirty bástard.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-11-2019, 11:51 AM

Sentenced to a lifetime of hearing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQlVww0zKo

Ash
04-11-2019, 11:52 AM
No. Simply vomiting out a bunch of data with no editing process, research or ethical considerations whatsoever is NOT journalism.

He's done more than that, I think.

Also, you said 'bunch of data'. :hehe: Awesome.

Ash
04-11-2019, 11:53 AM

*Allegedly.

Made up, I understand.

Sir C
04-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Made up, I understand.

Sadly, we never got to find out because he decided he didn't fancy co-operating with the justice cystem.

Look at his face, a, and tell me, hand on heart, that he isn't a sex offender.

:judge: Guilty.

Burney
04-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Made up, I understand.

So 'made up' that he decided seven years hiding in a broom cupboard was preferable to seeing them properly scrutinised (and presumably therefore dismissed) in probably the most insanely liberal justice system on the planet.

Righto.

Ash
04-11-2019, 11:59 AM

A new guvmint in Ecuador wanted an IMF loan and the US made it conditional on this. It's been a while since I read what some of the Trump cultists were saying, but they loved JA and reckoned DJT would spring him and pardon him. Whether they will be disappointed or pleased, we shall see.

Tony C
04-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Hopefully for his sake...Ramsey restricts himself to poncey side passes and assists tonight.

Ash
04-11-2019, 12:03 PM
So 'made up' that he decided seven years hiding in a broom cupboard was preferable to seeing them properly scrutinised (and presumably therefore dismissed) in probably the most insanely liberal justice system on the planet.

Righto.

Not sure what you mean by "insanely liberal" but we do live an era where all claims made by women against men are assumed to be true. Anyway, it's the publication of state secrets that he's really in trouble for imo.

Tony C
04-11-2019, 12:06 PM
More importantly....what’s this all about:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47892812

Sex game gone wrong...novices!

Burney
04-11-2019, 12:07 PM
Not sure what you mean by "insanely liberal" but we do live an era where all claims made by women against men are assumed to be true. Anyway, it's the publication of state secrets that he's really in trouble for imo.

Swedish courts are infamous for letting off rapists for 'cultural' reasons. Granted old Jules is the wrong religion/colour for that, but even so.

Burney
04-11-2019, 12:07 PM
A new guvmint in Ecuador wanted an IMF loan and the US made it conditional on this. It's been a while since I read what some of the Trump cultists were saying, but they loved JA and reckoned DJT would spring him and pardon him. Whether they will be disappointed or pleased, we shall see.

Well he's just been further arrested on a US extradition warrant, so....

Sir C
04-11-2019, 12:09 PM

Ooh really? They might fry him, those crazy Yanquis.

:hehe:

Burney
04-11-2019, 12:10 PM
More importantly....what’s this all about:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47892812

Sex game gone wrong...novices!

'Sex game gone wrong' is very much to the murder of a girlfriend what 'she walked into a door' is to wifebeating.

Burney
04-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Ooh really? They might fry him, those crazy Yanquis.

:hehe:

:hehe: That would be amusing, but being massive pussies, we'll probably insist no extradition can take place without a guarantee they won't top him. :-(

Sir C
04-11-2019, 12:12 PM
:hehe: That would be amusing, but being massive pussies, we'll probably insist no extradition can take place without a guarantee they won't top him. :-(

That's an EU law though, and since we're no longer, hold on, wait... :homer:

Burney
04-11-2019, 12:14 PM
That's an EU law though, and since we're no longer, hold on, wait... :homer:

I wish they'd topped that other one. You know, the one who turned into a girl.

Sir C
04-11-2019, 12:20 PM
I wish they'd topped that other one. You know, the one who turned into a girl.

Chelseas Snowden, is it? To be honest all this American whistle-blowing nonsense passes me by. Do they not have Scalphunters toi deal with these troublesome creatures?

Burney
04-11-2019, 12:23 PM
Chelseas Snowden, is it? To be honest all this American whistle-blowing nonsense passes me by. Do they not have Scalphunters toi deal with these troublesome creatures?

Fawn would've made short work of them. I always wanted more of Fawn. He struck me as a top-quality psychopath. Is it The Honourable Schoolboy where he calmly breaks some chap's arms? :hehe:

Another thought strikes me: how good a party will they be having in the Ecuadorian embassy tonight now they've got rid of the smelly weirdo? Might pop along there with a bottle.

Sir C
04-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Fawn would've made short work of them. I always wanted more of Fawn. He struck me as a top-quality psychopath. Is it The Honourable Schoolboy where he calmly breaks some chap's arms? :hehe:

Another thought strikes me: how good a party will they be having in the Ecuadorian embassy tonight now they've got rid of the smelly weirdo? Might pop along there with a bottle.

Ooh I'm going to give THS a listen again, I think.

WES
04-11-2019, 12:33 PM

Righto.

Liberal from whose point of view? When I looked into this some years ago I seem to recall that Sweden had something like 5 levels of 'rape' and the least significant was something like 'I agreed to sleep with him but subsequently regretted it' yet it could still be punished with a custodial sentence. Feminists might consider that very liberal; many men would disagree.

Also, he isn't afraid of being convicted of rape, he's afraid of being extradited to the US of A to be charged with the leaky thing after being extradited to Sweden for the rape charge.

And all of this could have been avoided had the Swedish authorities simply agreed to interview him in the UK instead of him having to travel to Sweden. Given how minor the charge is, I would also be suspicious if I was him that they refused to do so.

Sir C
04-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Liberal from whose point of view? When I looked into this some years ago I seem to recall that Sweden had something like 5 levels of 'rape' and the least significant was something like 'I agreed to sleep with him but subsequently regretted it' yet it could still be punished with a custodial sentence. Feminists might consider that very liberal; many men would disagree.

Also, he isn't afraid of being convicted of rape, he's afraid of being extradited to the US of A to be charged with the leaky thing after being extradited to Sweden for the rape charge.

And all of this could have been avoided had the Swedish authorities simply agreed to interview him in the UK instead of him having to travel to Sweden. Given how minor the charge is, I would also be suspicious if I was him that they refused to do so.

Blimey. I realise that women aren't really your thing, but, you know, I'm not sure anyone should really be describing rape as a minor matter.

Burney
04-11-2019, 01:01 PM

I believe that the specific charge in this case is that sex was conditional on him using a condom, but that, when it came to it, he popped it in unsheathed.
At best that is extremely poor sexual etiquette and definitely more than a little bit rapey.

Ash
04-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Which is what this is about, not the sex charge which I think was dropped.

"Wikileaks. I love Wikileaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

We'll see who really is in charge of the USA. I suspect it is not the president. Assange will probably die, while Islamists in the UK are not extradited to middle east countries where they are wanted for crimes because ... they might die.

Sir C
04-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Which is what this is about, not the sex charge which I think was dropped.

"Wikileaks. I love Wikileaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

We'll see who really is in charge of the USA. I suspect it is not the president. Assange will probably die, while Islamists in the UK are not extradited to middle east countries where they are wanted for crimes because ... they might die.

To be fair, any bástard daft enough to publish US government secrets whilst expecting not to die as a result clearly needs to be removed from the gene pool.

The only mystery is why they haven't just sorted him out quietly and without a fuss. It would appear that the CIA lacks the joyous pragmatism of, say, MI6 or Mossad.

eastgermanautos
04-11-2019, 01:32 PM
The footage is most amusing. My favourite bit is the big copper trying not to laugh.

https://twitter.com/OldBlackHack/status/1116278563043409920

:hehe: :hehe:

WES
04-11-2019, 01:32 PM
I believe that the specific charge in this case is that sex was conditional on him using a condom, but that, when it came to it, he popped it in unsheathed.
At best that is extremely poor sexual etiquette and definitely more than a little bit rapey.

It's been a few years but my recollection is that woman A voluntarily slept with him at a conference and the next day woman B also voluntarily slept with him. About a week later woman A and B were having lunch and discovered that they had both slept with him and they exchanged notes, as such. There was something similar that they both disliked (possibly the condom thing) and they then agreed that he should be charged with rape, a charge that never would have been made in a less 'liberal' society.

A retired detective in Sweden reviewed the case and said it was the weakest he had ever seen and there was virtually no chance of it proceeding to trial. Despite this, the Swedes still insist he come to Sweden for an interview, an interview he agreed to hold in the UK but not in Sweden due to fear of extradition.

I can understand his paranoia, especially as he appears to be a bit of a nutter.

PSRB
04-11-2019, 02:00 PM

Swift justice, already got 12 months for breaching his bail terms :hehe:

Sir C
04-12-2019, 07:51 AM

He’s a proper nasty piece of work, by all accounts.

“When the Guardian editors told him they would redact the names of Afghans mentioned in the cables whose lives would be otherwise endangered, Assange said: “Well, they're informants. So, if they get killed, they've got it coming to them. They deserve it.” https://t.co/9OWzYWFV0H”

Burney
04-12-2019, 08:25 AM

“When the Guardian editors told him they would redact the names of Afghans mentioned in the cables whose lives would be otherwise endangered, Assange said: “Well, they're informants. So, if they get killed, they've got it coming to them. They deserve it.” https://t.co/9OWzYWFV0H”

Like I said. Not a journalist.

Also smeared faeces on the wall of the Ecuadorian Embassy, the dirty get.

A very literal smear.

redgunamo
04-12-2019, 02:39 PM
looooool. Avenatti too, now.

At least that means everyone gets to see more of Ms. Daniels :-\

https://saraacarter.com/thursday-indictments-michael-avenatti-obama-wh-official-greg-craig-and-julian-assange/

Swift justice, already got 12 months for breaching his bail terms :hehe:

redgunamo
04-14-2019, 11:47 AM
To be fair, nobody likes a grass. Not really.

Unless perhaps .. :rubchin: " ..the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange could uncover details of a Ukrainian plot against Trump and Russia." #LockHerUp

Ash
04-15-2019, 12:31 PM
To be fair, nobody likes a grass. Not really.

Unless perhaps .. :rubchin: " ..the arrest of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange could uncover details of a Ukrainian plot against Trump and Russia." #LockHerUp

and "Giuliani told the Examiner he thinks Assange might have information that would "show who invented [the] false story that [Trump] colluded with Russians."

Crowdstrike invented it, surely everyone knows that who has their eyes open. With their connections to Ukrainian oligarchs, anti-Russian think tanks and, oh, Hillary Clinton! Only they investigated the DNC server, and curiously not the FBI, or Muellers investigation or anyone else.

Meanwhile, Craig Murray and Julian Assange, the two people who claim to know who actually provided Wikileaks with the data (leaked, not hacked), were never consulted by the FIBs or the investigation.

redgunamo
04-15-2019, 12:51 PM
Naturally, because the last thing M & Co. want is young Julian testifying under oath that his source was in fact "that dead guy", for instance, rather than the Commies. The Feeb's (and Mueller's) conclusions regarding the so-called hack only make sense so long they are never, ever tested in front of any half-decent defence lawyer.

Assange could write a book about it, I suppose, as he's unlikely to ever get his day in court :-\

and "Giuliani told the Examiner he thinks Assange might have information that would "show who invented [the] false story that [Trump] colluded with Russians."

Crowdstrike invented it, surely everyone knows that who has their eyes open. With their connections to Ukrainian oligarchs, anti-Russian think tanks and, oh, Hillary Clinton! Only they investigated the DNC server, and curiously not the FBI, or Muellers investigation or anyone else.

Meanwhile, Craig Murray and Julian Assange, the two people who claim to know who actually provided Wikileaks with the data (leaked, not hacked), were never consulted by the FIBs or the investigation.

redgunamo
04-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Right. Now that the witch-hunt is over, they don't really need him anymore. But, if he could finger Hillary, so to speak, that would be a story they might like to reach a wider audience ..

The big question is: What was Mueller really investigating. After all, he would've known 100% that POTUS45-elect was innocent on day one; all the intelligence and evidence would've been waiting for him in his inbox. Curious.