PDA

View Full Version : I really should have locked my car but still, thieving barstewards everywhere innit

Maravilloso Marvo
04-09-2019, 01:53 PM
https://youtu.be/JAHlzSqq2Yo

My driveway in the early hours of this morning...

PSRB
04-09-2019, 02:01 PM

glw has a nasty habit of not locking her car, always check it when I get in from work.

Burney
04-09-2019, 02:04 PM

What on earth is he doing at the end? Burying something?

btw, my daughter went to school on your road.

Maravilloso Marvo
04-09-2019, 02:17 PM
What on earth is he doing at the end? Burying something?

btw, my daughter went to school on your road.

I think he hides down when he see's a car coming (it is quite a busy road, even at 3.40am). Then seems to be checking I have the right DVDs in the right case! Shoves some things into his man bag pouch over his shoulder and then is on his way to the next house.

A house round the corner has posted footage on a local forum of the same chap trying their car door about 20 minutes after this so seems like that was the plan for the whole night.

A very nice school that is as well, we have a great view of their fireworks display from our back garden.

Maravilloso Marvo
04-09-2019, 02:18 PM
glw has a nasty habit of not locking her car, always check it when I get in from work.

Yeah I'd like to blame the glw here but it was totally me. I'd even left the other car unlocked that was down the side of the house as well but they didn't try that one.

Sir C
04-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Yeah I'd like to blame the glw here but it was totally me. I'd even left the other car unlocked that was down the side of the house as well but they didn't try that one.

Back in the 80s I always left my cars unlocked with the keys in the ignition. By the early 90s, after 6 or 7 had been stolen, my insurance company suggested I stop doing so.

Luis Anaconda
04-09-2019, 02:26 PM

****s - them not you

Maravilloso Marvo
04-09-2019, 02:27 PM
Back in the 80s I always left my cars unlocked with the keys in the ignition. By the early 90s, after 6 or 7 had been stolen, my insurance company suggested I stop doing so.

Well the car is parked on my driveway, so clearly it is my car. If the chap in my video had thought the car was his, it would have been parked on his driveway. Surely we don't need to complicate life more than that?

Sir C
04-09-2019, 02:28 PM
Well the car is parked on my driveway, so clearly it is my car. If the chap in my video had thought the car was his, it would have been parked on his driveway. Surely we don't need to complicate life more than that?

Probably a foreigner. No Englishman would behave in such a fashion.

Burney
04-09-2019, 02:33 PM
Probably a foreigner. No Englishman would behave in such a fashion.

Talking of which, which is the more distressing Americanism, do you think? 'I'm good' to mean 'I'm fine' or 'Can I get...?' when you mean 'May I have...?'?

Both distress me hugely.

And don't get me started on 'reaching out'. :furious:

Sir C
04-09-2019, 02:38 PM
Talking of which, which is the more distressing Americanism, do you think? 'I'm good' to mean 'I'm fine' or 'Can I get...?' when you mean 'May I have...?'?

Both distress me hugely.

"Can I get..." is the one that grits my shít the most, because I am guilty of it on occasion. :-(

I hate it and I hate myself.

Burney
04-09-2019, 02:42 PM
"Can I get..." is the one that grits my shít the most, because I am guilty of it on occasion. :-(

I hate it and I hate myself.

I've never done that, but have found myself saying 'I'm good'. :-(

As to 'Reach out', I've put this up on my wall to let people know my opinion of such drivel.

Ash
04-09-2019, 03:45 PM

Both distress me hugely.

YES!

"Can I get?" :shout:
And I am WELL, thank-you.

I thought it was just me.

The very worst crime of all, of course, is being asked "What's up?". To which I answer "The sky".

Ash
04-09-2019, 03:48 PM
I've never done that, but have found myself saying 'I'm good'. :-(

As to 'Reach out', I've put this up on my wall to let people know my opinion of such drivel.

"Reach out and circle back" :hehe:

barrybueno
04-09-2019, 04:23 PM

Since the filth wont be the slightest bit interested all that we can do is wish cancer on the pair of ****s...

Viva Prat Vegas
04-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Ooh you're quite a dish Marve
A touch of insanity in them there eyes but nonetheless quite a dish

Sorry for your loss

Maravilloso Marvo
04-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Since the filth wont be the slightest bit interested all that we can do is wish cancer on the pair of ****s...

To be fair, 3 of them turned up at my house yesterday afternoon and took away some bits for forensics to check for prints etc. Then they are coming back tonight to meet me and take the cctv on a usb stick. Seems like nobody told Bromley police about the funding cuts.