PDA

View Full Version : I don’t mean to be rude chaps, but our current ambitions are to finish in the top 4

Monty92
04-07-2019, 08:39 PM
Losing away at Everton after a good run in the league (including a draw at Spurs and victory v man utd) is entirely compatible with finishing top 4.

So stop moaning and enjoy the fact that there's still every chance we'll achieve our short-term ambitions in Emery's first season.

bbrian
04-07-2019, 10:56 PM
Losing away at Everton after a good run in the league (including a draw at Spurs and victory v man utd) is entirely compatible with finishing top 4.

So stop moaning and enjoy the fact that there's still every chance we'll achieve our short-term ambitions in Emery's first season.

Having the 2nd worst away form in England wont get it done though...

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-08-2019, 08:23 AM

Shutup you know nothing big nosed ****. We were out-fought. That's what hurts.

Have you moved to PikeyTown yet?

Sir C
04-08-2019, 08:26 AM
Shutup you know nothing big nosed ****. We were out-fought. That's what hurts.

Have you moved to PikeyTown yet?

I hate it when we lose at Everton. We always lose at Everton.

IUFG
04-08-2019, 08:34 AM

Fúcking. Scousers.

:-(

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-08-2019, 08:42 AM

Except that we have only lost 3 times at Everton in the last 11 seasons.

IUFG
04-08-2019, 08:47 AM

The Arsenal did get Koeman the sack istr....

Everton are fourth in the form table. Leap-frogging us.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1

We should not have been surprised by yesterday.

redgunamo
04-08-2019, 08:55 AM
And I gather we've beaten them more times than anybody else has beaten anyone else in English football history. They're supposed to be our bunnies :-( #EmeryOut

Sir C
04-08-2019, 08:58 AM

Maybe I'm thinking of Villa. We always lose at Villa.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-08-2019, 08:58 AM

Allow a man his anger 'berto and stop scurrying off to Google like some deeply irritating geek, mining for facts you would have had no idea about pre-internet days.

PSRB
04-08-2019, 09:06 AM

We don't, only the 2nd defeat in 8 years......Monreal having a shocker on both occasions

IUFG
04-08-2019, 09:07 AM
We don't, only the 2nd defeat in 8 years......Monreal having a shocker on both occasions

him and Maitland-Niles were písspoor tbh

IUFG
04-08-2019, 09:08 AM

The Arsenal at Villa..?

https://media.giphy.com/media/QyavERXX9E7TuImX8z/giphy.gif

:cloud9:

PSRB
04-08-2019, 09:10 AM

I've said this before about AMN, has that arrogant look and style of someone who thinks they've made it and are better than they actually are

redgunamo
04-08-2019, 09:12 AM
No, any Arsenal supporter knows that, in fact, Everton beat us only rarely. And also we often clean their clocks for them; 7-0, 5-2, the four-nil to win the league in '98 and so on.

Allow a man his anger 'berto and stop scurrying off to Google like some deeply irritating geek, mining for facts you would have had no idea about pre-internet days.

Ash
04-08-2019, 09:14 AM

I had dreamed the night before that we'd lost to Villa and I took that as a portent.

Our away performances are consistently grim and painful to watch. I might give 'em all a swerve for a while and do something less stressful. #flounce

WES
04-08-2019, 09:34 AM

And Ozil and a few others.

One of those days imo, good players routinely taking heavy touches, playing poor balls, not moving - weirdly, I would have been less concerned had that been at home. This away thing might be getting to the player's minds.

Pokster
04-08-2019, 09:43 AM

One of those days imo, good players routinely taking heavy touches, playing poor balls, not moving - weirdly, I would have been less concerned had that been at home. This away thing might be getting to the player's minds.

We were rubbish away from home in the last half of AW's last season, inproved a bit this season but not much.....

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-08-2019, 09:47 AM

Message reported to LA

Rich
04-08-2019, 09:49 AM

When are Xhaka and Torriea back? It was clear that we were going to lose with a spine of Elneney and Gouendouzi. The former is a man of many talents but a master of none. The latter is like an excitable puppy and should never have been playing away from home (we are the 19th best team in the league when away).

Sir C
04-08-2019, 09:50 AM
I've said this before about AMN, has that arrogant look and style of someone who thinks they've made it and are better than they actually are

Mandem too peng to run around like a wasteman innit.

Sir C
04-08-2019, 09:51 AM
Mandem too peng to run around like a wasteman innit.

Obviously I have no idea what that means, or indeed whether it means anything, but it seems to me to encapsulate a certain cultural failing of our times.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-08-2019, 09:56 AM

We move the ball very slowly when we are away from home. A complete opposite to what we do at home.

Yesterday, we laboured with the ball and encouraged Everton to press us higher and higher, forcing us in to errors. It seems like the pattern away from home.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-08-2019, 09:59 AM
Sir C "Maybe I'm thinking of Villa. We always lose at Villa."

:hehe:
Charlie darling, that's sooooo 1979

Ash
04-08-2019, 10:05 AM

We looked a little better at least when Ramsey came on. We're gonna miss that boy, my friend, and no-one more than you. :nod:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-08-2019, 10:06 AM
No, any Arsenal supporter knows that, in fact, Everton beat us only rarely. And also we often clean their clocks for them; 7-0, 5-2, the four-nil to win the league in '98 and so on.

No r - I inhabit that same alternative universe as Sir C. Everton always beat us .. always!

IUFG
04-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Having the 2nd worst away form in England wont get it done though...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/gasttabelle/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2018

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/gasttabelle/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2017

Viva Prat Vegas
04-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Herbert Augustus Chapman "No r - I inhabit that same alternative universe as Sir C. Everton always beat us .. always!"

It's just dear old C getting his Scouser outfits mixed up of course

Ash
04-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Message reported to LA

I believe that LA does, tbf, actually carry quite a lot of this stuff around in his head. Not that he's averse to a spot of quick research when he sees an opportunity of course...

redgunamo
04-08-2019, 10:40 AM
At least Theo didn't score :-\

No r - I inhabit that same alternative universe as Sir C. Everton always beat us .. always!

IUFG
04-08-2019, 10:44 AM
At least Theo didn't score :-\

but he seems to have grown a weird Barnet.

Mustafi played well, I thought. For Mustafi.

Ash
04-08-2019, 11:27 AM
but he seems to have grown a weird Barnet.

Mustafi played well, I thought. For Mustafi.

Managed to slide through someone taking the ball but not the man. Unbelievables!

HomerJ
04-08-2019, 11:48 AM
We are not the 19th best team in the league when away you clown

PSRB
04-08-2019, 11:53 AM
Managed to slide through someone taking the ball but not the man. Unbelievables!

Still managed to get a yellow after having had a 5 yard headstart on Calvert-Lewin and still having to foul him

Tony C
04-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Said last week that our season could be over after the Watford game but looking at it we could actually lose to them and Napoli and still have a chance in both competitions.

Unai’s biggest triumph will be getting our money back for some of these clowns and getting real players in ie Mustafi, Xhaka, Elneny and Ozil.

Wonder what excuse the Ozil fan club has for yesterday.

Perfect game for him to take control of and dominate but a complete no show. Very poor especially from our Captain / leader.

WES
04-08-2019, 12:46 PM
We looked a little better at least when Ramsey came on. We're gonna miss that boy, my friend, and no-one more than you. :nod:

This is true, actually. Firstly, because I take a perverse pleasure in abusing him even if much of it is tongue in cheek. Secondly, because I think Unai is clearly getting the best out of him. Partly this is because he rarely plays him in midfield against the better teams and I expect that partly this is because Unai is holding Ramsey and the rest of the players accountable for poor performances.

I'd never pay him 300k a week, mind.