PDA

View Full Version : I went for my contact lens fitting yesterday.

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:39 PM
It was all a bit of a struggle to start with, what with my possessing somewhat narrow eyes. After I had spent about an eye poking fingers in my eyes up to the elbow I became a little flustered and remarked to the charming young lady opthamologist, "I'm terribly sorry to make such a fuss, I seem to have rather slitty eyes" and she said, "Don't worry about it, you're not the only one" and of course she was chinese, wasn't she, and I wanted to die, didn't eye? :-(

She was cute, too.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 01:44 PM
I might buy a magnifying glass and use it on wine bottles
Struggling with wine label text :-(
Can just about read the country of origin

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:45 PM
I might buy a magnifying glass and use it on wine bottles
Struggling with wine label text :-(
Can just about read the country of origin

Oh I just go by the colour. Of the wine, not the label.

Red or white is as much information as I need to make a decision. And either way the answer's likely to be yes anyway.

Burney
04-03-2019, 01:45 PM
It was all a bit of a struggle to start with, what with my possessing somewhat narrow eyes. After I had spent about an eye poking fingers in my eyes up to the elbow I became a little flustered and remarked to the charming young lady opthamologist, "I'm terribly sorry to make such a fuss, I seem to have rather slitty eyes" and she said, "Don't worry about it, you're not the only one" and of course she was chinese, wasn't she, and I wanted to die, didn't eye? :-(

She was cute, too.

'Slitty eyes'? Ooooh, fúck me! :-(

I'd have pretended I'd said 'shítty' and stuck to my story through thick and thin.

Why are you having contacts? I thought you only needed reading glasses?

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:47 PM
'Slitty eyes'? Ooooh, fúck me! :-(

I'd have pretended I'd said 'shítty' and stuck to my story through thick and thin.

Why are you having contacts? I thought you only needed reading glasses?

I've been wearing varifocals for a couple of years.

I don't mind wearing glases all the time but I just got fed up with all my sunglasses going to waste.

Burney
04-03-2019, 01:49 PM
I've been wearing varifocals for a couple of years.

I don't mind wearing glases all the time but I just got fed up with all my sunglasses going to waste.

Is it the varifocal contacts you're having? Let me know how you get on with them. I've heard mixed reviews.

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Is it the varifocal contacts you're having? Let me know how you get on with them. I've heard mixed reviews.

No, apparently I have to have one eye for reading and the other for farseeing. Because of some stuff I didn't quite follow.

I'm starting a two week trial next week.

Burney
04-03-2019, 01:58 PM
No, apparently I have to have one eye for reading and the other for farseeing. Because of some stuff I didn't quite follow.

I'm starting a two week trial next week.

What? That sounds a bit mental.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-03-2019, 01:59 PM

She was cute, too.

You could have introduced a little levity to ease the awkwardness by asking her which her fanny slanted c

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:00 PM
Oh I just go by the colour. Of the wine, not the label.

Red or white is as much information as I need to make a decision. And either way the answer's likely to be yes anyway.

what about the alcoholic content, sc?

Don't want to pick up anything other than a 10.5% rose on a school night?

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:02 PM
what about the alcoholic content, sc?

Don't want to pick up anything other than a 10.5% rose on a school night?

True enough, i. There was nothing at 12% on offer on Ocado this week so I've been drinking a Chilean Malbec at 13%. Really feeling it. :-(

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:02 PM
What? That sounds a bit mental.

It does, doesn't it? We shall see. The question is, how clearly?

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:04 PM
You could have introduced a little levity to ease the awkwardness by asking her which her fanny slanted c

She smelt really nice as well, h. If I'd thought about her fanny I might have had an involuntary emmission, which would hardly have reduced the awkwardness of the moment.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Dust everywhere

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:07 PM
She smelt really nice as well, h. If I'd thought about her fanny I might have had an involuntary emmission, which would hardly have reduced the awkwardness of the moment.

I do find it a bit awks when they get right in close to your face. I struggle with that level of intimacy. :-(

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:16 PM
I do find it a bit awks when they get right in close to your face. I struggle with that level of intimacy. :-(

:nod: Given that I always assume I reek of garlic and chilli, I end up trying to breathe sideways.

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:17 PM
:nod: Given that I always assume I reek of garlic and chilli, I end up trying to breathe sideways.

Although sometimes when they ask you to look down, you can legitimately look down their blouse. :shrug:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-03-2019, 02:17 PM

I have a very pretty little GP. Very embarrassing when she does the prostate finger probe and patiently explains I don't really need one a week.

PSRB
04-03-2019, 02:19 PM

She was cute, too.

I'm just going to get glasses, can't be arsed fannying around trying put contacts in

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:21 PM
I'm just going to get glasses, can't be arsed fannying around trying put contacts in

Can we all please stop saying 'fanny' in the same sentence as the chinawoman, ffs? I'm wearing it to a nub here.

Back in 10 or 15.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 02:21 PM
Burney "Although sometimes when they ask you to look down, you can legitimately look down their blouse. "

The lights are out so it's a good opportunity for a quick shufty
When they softly ask you to look to the front and you see the details of their invariably Asian eye make-up close to hand, feel their sweet breath on your cheek...

BAck in 5

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:28 PM
Burney "Although sometimes when they ask you to look down, you can legitimately look down their blouse. "

The lights are out so it's a good opportunity for a quick shufty
When they softly ask you to look to the front and you see the details of their invariably Asian eye make-up close to hand, feel their sweet breath on your cheek...

BAck in 5

:nod: Although I did once have one with bad breath. That wasn't arousing at all. :-(