PDA

View Full Version : Why is our home form so good?

Ash
04-03-2019, 11:59 AM
And obviously the reverse applies to the away form.

It can't be the home support, as we apparently have the worst fans in the universe. It has to be Arsene's magic dressing room, doesn't it?

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 12:01 PM
They perform better in quiet conditions
:shrug:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-03-2019, 12:06 PM

It can't be the home support, as we apparently have the worst fans in the universe. It has to be Arsene's magic dressing room, doesn't it?

Perhaps our vociferous home support is frightening our opponents?

Ash
04-03-2019, 12:13 PM
Perhaps our vociferous home support is frightening our opponents?

Perhaps I covered that in the OP.

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 12:16 PM

I have no idea to be honest. I did have a question for you - couldn't hear much on Monday, but the commentary I did get mentioned that the atmosphere was very good and our lads got behind our boys very well towards the end. How was it in the ground?

Ash
04-03-2019, 12:17 PM
They perform better in quiet conditions
:shrug:

:nod: I certainly do. There are a couple of very loud laughers in my office, who insist on deploying their trumpets at every opportunity, regardless of whether any humour is involved. Fair to say that it gets on my boobies quite a bit, and I snapped the other day. Luckily I managed to get outside to cool off without calling anyone a cùnt.

IUFG
04-03-2019, 12:19 PM
I have no idea to be honest. I did have a question for you - couldn't hear much on Monday, but the commentary I did get mentioned that the atmosphere was very good and our lads got behind our boys very well towards the end. How was it in the ground?

The atmosphere has been great at the ones I've been to, this season.

It appears that the home crowd not arguing with each other actually improves the support...

WES
04-03-2019, 12:19 PM

Perhaps it's just me, but it feels like we don't press as much away from the home and play on the break more.

Whether this is by design or because the players naturally have a tendency to be more conservative I don't know, but that's the impression I've had. And with our defenders sitting back is really rather dangerous.

IUFG
04-03-2019, 12:21 PM
Perhaps it's just me, but it feels like we don't press as much away from the home and play on the break more.

Whether this is by design or because the players naturally have a tendency to be more conservative I don't know, but that's the impression I've had. And with our defenders sitting back is really rather dangerous.

generalisation - we play with one striker and little in the way of players with creativeness when away from home.

PSRB
04-03-2019, 12:22 PM
The atmosphere has been great at the ones I've been to, this season.

It appears that the home crowd not arguing with each other actually improves the support...

It is noticeable on the telly, that there is a far more positive vibe around the ground

Ash
04-03-2019, 12:24 PM

:nod: Wasn't too bad at all - definitely had some good moments. Against the backdrop of constant moaning from the bar-codes, of course, despite them getting some quite generous calls. I really enjoyed it on Monday, and can't help thinking that Emery might be onto something here - if only he can get them playing like that away from home.

IUFG
04-03-2019, 12:28 PM
:nod: Wasn't too bad at all - definitely had some good moments. Against the backdrop of constant moaning from the bar-codes, of course, despite them getting some quite generous calls. I really enjoyed it on Monday, and can't help thinking that Emery might be onto something here - if only he can get them playing like that away from home.

have to approach every away game from now on like the recent one against them, imo.

Ash
04-03-2019, 12:29 PM
generalisation - we play with one striker and little in the way of players with creativeness when away from home.

There has certainly been a conservative approach to many games - probably something to do with our defending, but we were even worse under Arsene last year, which suggests that there is something in the players' heads too.

IUFG
04-03-2019, 12:31 PM
There has certainly been a conservative approach to many games - probably something to do with our defending, but we were even worse under Arsene last year, which suggests that there is something in the players' heads too.

Naturally, we will have to face teams on the front foot at their home grounds and have to rely a leeeeetle bit more on our defenders. One or two of which have been a leeeetle bit shít.

WES
04-03-2019, 12:38 PM
have to approach every away game from now on like the recent one against them, imo.

Not been bad since Jan really - think he's been more positive. In the league we've beaten Huddersfield, drawn a game with the scum that we deserved to win and lost to City in a game that I didn't think we played that badly in.

There's hope that Unai is turning it around. Everton will be interesting.

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 12:48 PM
Not been bad since Jan really - think he's been more positive. In the league we've beaten Huddersfield, drawn a game with the scum that we deserved to win and lost to City in a game that I didn't think we played that badly in.

There's hope that Unai is turning it around. Everton will be interesting.
:nod: good result there and we're flying. And we're often quite good there. We've been decent in all the "big 6"
games with the exception of Liverpool away and maybe City home. If we can get that level against Watford, Wolves, Leicester etc c...

Sir C
04-03-2019, 12:50 PM
:nod: good result there and we're flying. And we're often quite good there. We've been decent in all the "big 6"
games with the exception of Liverpool away and maybe City home. If we can get that level against Watford, Wolves, Leicester etc c...

:nono: Theo is going to rape us.

PSRB
04-03-2019, 12:50 PM

He'll be lucky to get on

IUFG
04-03-2019, 12:51 PM
He'll be lucky to get on

and when he does...his finishing will save us.

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 12:52 PM
I'm sure he will be very polite while doing so

Sir C
04-03-2019, 12:54 PM
I'm sure he will be very polite while doing so

:nod: It will be an absolute pleasure to be forceably penetrated by such a polite young man.

I dare say he'll go so far as to offer a wee reacharound.

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 12:57 PM
:nod: It will be an absolute pleasure to be forceably penetrated by such a polite young man.

I dare say he'll go so far as to offer a wee reacharound.

He'd probably miss

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 01:09 PM
Sir C " It will be an absolute pleasure to be forceably penetrated by such a polite young man."

Tremendous potential in that young and fresh footballer
He could be one for the future

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:12 PM
Sir C " It will be an absolute pleasure to be forceably penetrated by such a polite young man."

We should buy him. Imagine what his pace could do in behind a full back! :yikes:

WES
04-03-2019, 01:22 PM
We should buy him. Imagine what his pace could do in behind a full back! :yikes:

Yup :nod:

And with Mesut pulling the strings and Theo's runs we would be devastating.

All we need now is a sophisticated, attack oriented French manager to bring it all together.

:-|

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:24 PM
Yup :nod:

And with Mesut pulling the strings and Theo's runs we would be devastating.

All we need now is a sophisticated, attack oriented French manager to bring it all together.

:-|

A certain night at the San Siro springs to mind, with Arsene repeatedly gesturing behind the Milan left back... :cry:

Burney
04-03-2019, 01:25 PM

I'm imagining what sex with Theo Walcott would be like now.

I reckon there'd be a lot of panicky fumbling, followed by frantically rapid coitus that concludes with him pulling out and coming all over the headboard.

WES
04-03-2019, 01:31 PM
A certain night at the San Siro springs to mind, with Arsene repeatedly gesturing behind the Milan left back... :cry:

Cesc's face after he scored and ran towards Arsene. Remember that, Charles? Remember the joy, the passion, the emotion?

Remember what he represented and who he was? Remember the night, the game, the celebrations?

Pokster
04-03-2019, 01:33 PM
I'm imagining what sex with Theo Walcott would be like now.

I reckon there'd be a lot of panicky fumbling, followed by frantically rapid coitus that concludes with him pulling out and coming all over the headboard.

Berni in "imagining" gay sex shocker

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:34 PM

And your problem with men expressing their love through the physical act of union is what, exactly?

ARE YOU BRUNEIEIAN?

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Cesc's face after he scored and ran towards Arsene. Remember that, Charles? Remember the joy, the passion, the emotion?

Remember what he represented and who he was? Remember the night, the game, the celebrations?

I remember all those things, for I was stood standing weeping joyful tears of 98% alcohol onto la's shoulder. :cry:

Pokster
04-03-2019, 01:37 PM
And your problem with men expressing their love through the physical act of union is what, exactly?

ARE YOU BRUNEIEIAN?

Did I say I had a problem, or are you just so paranoid since you came out that you attack all liberal thinkers eh???

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 01:39 PM
I remember all those things, for I was stood standing weeping joyful tears of 98% alcohol onto la's shoulder. :cry:

75% at most - still better than the Tuborg I had in the hotel. I had a Negroni last night - I thought of you. Happy belated birthday by the way

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:41 PM
75% at most - still better than the Tuborg I had in the hotel. I had a Negroni last night - I thought of you. Happy belated birthday by the way

ty la. I still remember that barman's confusion when we ordered the 14th round of negronis...

Good timez.

Burney
04-03-2019, 01:41 PM

Errrr...where did I say it would be gay sex, p? :shrug:

That's entirely your imagination, I'm afraid.

Tell me, p: have you ever had unsettling feelings when you watch professional wrestling? :sherlock:

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Did I say I had a problem, or are you just so paranoid since you came out that you attack all liberal thinkers eh???

I hardly think stoning pooves to death is a reasonable dfinition of 'liberal', p. Still, I suppose in the north it might be considered a little namby-pamby.

Pokster
04-03-2019, 01:45 PM
I hardly think stoning pooves to death is a reasonable dfinition of 'liberal', p. Still, I suppose in the north it might be considered a little namby-pamby.

We accept your sort up here when you come trek round our lakes and hills

Pokster
04-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Errrr...where did I say it would be gay sex, p? :shrug:

That's entirely your imagination, I'm afraid.

Tell me, p: have you ever had unsettling feelings when you watch professional wrestling? :sherlock:

Well I did go to WWE in Leeds a year or so again, and i did get some strange feelings, but that was when the women were "fighting"

Burney
04-03-2019, 01:47 PM
Well I did go to WWE in Leeds a year or so again, and i did get some strange feelings, but that was when the women were "fighting"

Of course it was, p. Of course.

The fact that you chose to go and watch an event in which large, oily men slam into one another while wearing pants is entirely incidental. :sherlock:

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Of course it was, p. Of course.

The fact that you chose to go and watch an event in which large, oily men slam into one another while wearing pants is entirely incidental. :sherlock:

Back in 5.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 01:50 PM
Happy Birthday for yesterday Sir C (ahbam)
You're not quite the Fool then
:cheers:

Burney
04-03-2019, 01:52 PM

I thought it was today.

Either way, I forgot. :-(

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Oh dear :-(
Might not get any more chance to celebrate it

(He's still away for 5 isn't he)

Sir C
04-03-2019, 01:55 PM

ty s. It's today though, tbh.

Burney
04-03-2019, 01:57 PM
ty s. It's today though, tbh.

Shawarma tonight, then?

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:01 PM
Shawarma tonight, then?

That's the plan. I'm just pondering whether I can be ársed to schlepp into town...

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 02:02 PM
Imagine his joyous surprise when the Cafe Neuf waiters march out with a lavishly decorated Birthday cake adorned with enough candles to heat the room for him to blow out after several huffs

And then stick it on the bill

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:03 PM
That's the plan. I'm just pondering whether I can be ársed to schlepp into town...

I shall dine on some of the finest Levantine next week, sc.

all under heat lamps... :cloud9:

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:04 PM
I shall dine on some of the finest Levantine next week, sc.

all under heat lamps... :cloud9:

You off to the UAE with wes, i? Careful you don't get stoned.

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:05 PM

It's only Victoria, ffs!

From St Mary Cray you're there in what? 25 minutes?

The journey to and from St Mary Cray is the tough bit.

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:06 PM
It's only Victoria, ffs!

From St Mary Cray you're there in what? 25 minutes?

The journey to and from St Mary Cray is the tough bit.

Yes, but it's so rare that I leave the security of the compound, I find any journey taxing. :-(

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:08 PM
Yes, but it's so rare that I leave the security of the compound, I find any journey taxing. :-(

You could just Uber it there and back.

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:11 PM
You off to the UAE with wes, i? Careful you don't get stoned.

off to see family there.

Will give this place another go www.alsafadi.ae

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:15 PM
off to see family there.

There doesn't appear to be a wine list, i. :-( :cry:

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:17 PM
off to see family there.

Have a terrific trip, i.

Remember to regularly log on to awimb to fulfill your Mike Riley duties.

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 02:26 PM

Why would you need a wine list - beer goes with everything

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Have a terrific trip, i.

Remember to regularly log on to awimb to fulfill your Mike Riley duties.

Mike Riley?

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:27 PM

there isn't, b.

they tend to be a bit ****y like that, over there.

Still, the one on Sheik Zayed Road is right next to the Monreal, so I can jump on that and head to the hotels with bars - like this place...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d571104-Reviews-York_International_Hotel-Dubai_Emirate_of_Dubai.html

The poor fúckers who have stayed there, not realising it is a knocking shop.
Which, when you think about the tough Sharia laws out there, is a leeetle beet hypocritical.

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:28 PM
Mike Riley?

Yes, Mike Riley.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Luis Anaconda "Mike Riley?"

He's busy providing the Sharia effect of alcohol-free restaurants

IUFG that is...not Mike Riley

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:30 PM
Mike Riley?

You [edit] THREE can fúck off, you [edit] trio of ****y bollócks

******...... ffs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

can someone write me a bot for this shíte?

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:31 PM
there isn't, b.

they tend to be a bit ****y like that, over there.

Still, the one on Sheik Zayed Road is right next to the Monreal, so I can jump on that and head to the hotels with bars - like this place...

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g295424-d571104-Reviews-York_International_Hotel-Dubai_Emirate_of_Dubai.html

The poor fúckers who have stayed there, not realising it is a knocking shop.
Which, when you think about the tough Sharia laws out there, is a leeetle beet hypocritical.

There's a cafe near me and it keeps trying to do gourmet food. The food sounds quite interesting and I'm tempted to suggest to my wife that we try it.

But then I remember that they have no licence and we'd have to drink coffee or fruit juice or some such shít. Fúck that.

There's no conviviality in a meal without booze.

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:35 PM
There's no conviviality in a meal without booze.

Why we always eat early out there.

Get back home and get pisséd and order a takeaway.

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 02:37 PM
Yes, Mike Riley.

Mike Riley Mike Riley or Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley

Sir C
04-03-2019, 02:38 PM
You [edit] THREE can fúck off, you [edit] trio of ****y bollócks

******...... ffs

can someone write me a bot for this shíte?

Is that the sort of negotiating technique you encourage between colleagues, i?

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:41 PM
Mike Riley Mike Riley or Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley

I see you are a convert to the blood letting, la. It'll do you a world of good, in the end.

Oh, the raking of van Nistelrooy's studs down Ashley Cole's shin and the avoidance of sanction for Neville, G :cloud9:

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:42 PM
Is that the sort of negotiating technique you encourage between colleagues, i?

Sometimes one has to defenestrate the art of negotiating, sc, and go straight to the fall back position of telling others to fúck off. :nod:

Tony C
04-03-2019, 04:47 PM
We’ve been a bit unlucky away from home.

Thought that 20 minute spell vs City...yes I know it was 20 minutes....and I know it’s a very spursey way to look at things...but that 20 minute spell at City was probably the best anyone has played against them this season for a sustained period of time.

Unai will get this right....if he doesn’t then blame the Muslims...Mustafi Xhaka and ozil imo