PDA

View Full Version : Now I couldn't really give a flying toss, especially as I think moving to their new

Maravilloso Marvo
04-03-2019, 06:48 AM
stadium now will count against them rather than inspire them to 7 straight wins. But I don't know why nothing is being made of being able to change your home stadium partway during the season. I've just had a dig around the archives as I was sure something had been said about it before and sure enough I found this quote from Scudamore when they were debating playing some games at Wembley and some at MK Dons during their redevelopment season.

“They’d have to play in the same stadium for the entire year,” he said. “For the integrity of the competition. You can’t have 19 home games with 10 at Milton Keynes and nine at Wembley – completely, completely unfair. That won’t be allowed in our competition.”

So how are they allowed to do this now?

redgunamo
04-03-2019, 07:29 AM
Yes, I remember that quote and thought it was bannicks at the time. What has "the integrity of the competition" got to do with it? Why on earth is it "unfair"? What difference does it make?

And that coming from the chap that wanted everyone to play an extra league game in Hong Kong and Houston or whatever damn silly idea it was :homer:

stadium now will count against them rather than inspire them to 7 straight wins. But I don't know why nothing is being made of being able to change your home stadium partway during the season. I've just had a dig around the archives as I was sure something had been said about it before and sure enough I found this quote from Scudamore when they were debating playing some games at Wembley and some at MK Dons during their redevelopment season.

WES
04-03-2019, 07:40 AM
Yes, I remember that quote and thought it was bannicks at the time. What has "the integrity of the competition" got to do with it? Why on earth is it "unfair"? What difference does it make?

And that coming from the chap that wanted everyone to play an extra league game in Hong Kong and Houston or whatever damn silly idea it was :homer:

I believe the idea is that there is an advantage in playing in your *real* home stadium so if one team played you there but another team played in a madey uppy home stadium the latter has an advantage over the former.

But I expect you realised this and still hold the same view that it is b*llocks. And I concur. Load of nonsense, we have more important things to worry about. Like where to eat in Lyon in a few weeks time, as an example. :-)

redgunamo
04-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Not at all. Teams often play "home" games in stadia other than their own. Why would it be alright to do this in Miami but not Milton Keynes; why Washington DC but not at Wembley?

As for Lyon, you can't really go wrong with the local fare, especially if you stick to roast pork and the sausages. Should add though, that I haven't decided what or where to eat at any time in about twenty years of marriage...

I believe the idea is that there is an advantage in playing in your *real* home stadium so if one team played you there but another team played in a madey uppy home stadium the latter has an advantage over the former.

But I expect you realised this and still hold the same view that it is b*llocks. And I concur. Load of nonsense, we have more important things to worry about. Like where to eat in Lyon in a few weeks time, as an example. :-)

PSRB
04-03-2019, 08:36 AM

Can't believe SSN have devoted a whole bloody day to the thing!!

Also idiots saying the reason the stadium cost so much is inflation. Inflation has been at about 1% for the past 10 years!

Pokster
04-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Can't believe SSN have devoted a whole bloody day to the thing!!

Also idiots saying the reason the stadium cost so much is inflation. Inflation has been at about 1% for the past 10 years!

As there was a football stadium at that site before I would guess some of the infustructure was in place before the building started, they wouldn't need to sort out sewers as the place is one very large sewer anyway

WES
04-03-2019, 08:39 AM
Not at all. Teams often play "home" games in stadia other than their own. Why would it be alright to do this in Miami but not Milton Keynes; why Washington DC but not at Wembley?

As for Lyon, you can't really go wrong with the local fare, especially if you stick to roast pork and the sausages. Should add though, that I haven't decided what or where to eat at any time in about twenty years of marriage...

Is it far from you? Mrs WES will want to eat something less fatty. Possibly fish. Maybe soup. I want internal organs laden with fat.

It's going to be hard to reconcile which means that like you, I won't get a say. :-(

Sir C
04-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Is it far from you? Mrs WES will want to eat something less fatty. Possibly fish. Maybe soup. I want internal organs laden with fat.

It's going to be hard to reconcile which means that like you, I won't get a say. :-(

Aim to eat in bouchons; that's where you'll fine authentic cuisine Lynnaise.

I went to an excellent one 5 or 6 times over the course of a couple of years and it was fantastic. It was in a little square by a church. Of course its name and location escape me entirely, so good luck finding it.

Burney
04-03-2019, 09:27 AM

Lyon is all about the Andouillete, my friend. After all, who doesn't want a sausage that simply reeks of shít?

Actually, tripe is very much the Lyonnaise thing. See also Tablier de sapeur and Gras Double.

Tripe is, of course, rank.

Pokster
04-03-2019, 09:29 AM
Lyon is all about the Andouillete, my friend. After all, who doesn't want a sausage that simply reeks of shít?

Actually, tripe is very much the Lyonnaise thing. See also Tablier de sapeur and Gras Double.

Unless you went to the UAE where they would serve the best tripe in the world

IUFG
04-03-2019, 09:34 AM
Unless you went to the UAE where they would serve the best tripe in the world

Where is this tripe outlet in Dubai, p?

Pokster
04-03-2019, 09:37 AM
Where is this tripe outlet in Dubai, p?

DM Wes, he knows all the best eating establishments in that part of the world

Sir C
04-03-2019, 09:43 AM
DM Wes, he knows all the best eating establishments in that part of the world

:nod: He sent me a photo of his favourite restaurant in Dubai. He loves that shít.

WES
04-03-2019, 10:08 AM

Yeah, have had it twice once in the Loire Valley and once in Lille. First time it was a grilled sausage served with a mustard sauce. when I ordered it the waitress looked at me with a 'you are an English pigdog, are you sure you want this?' look but I ordered it anyway. At times it was good, but a few mouthfuls had me struggling to hold it down. In Lille it was sliced and served cold as part of a foie gras, cheese, saucisson platter of some kind. It smelled so bad I just pushed it to the side and ate none of it.

I'm going to be careful on the innards bit; veal kidney and liver possibly, tripe never. :nono: