PDA

View Full Version : Get off you filthy manc ****warbler! And have you noticed, on the rare occasions that

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-02-2019, 08:06 PM
a ref does the right thing where Utd are concerned, their players waste no time crowding round and reminding the ref of the Riley principle - "come on Ref. You know that Utd domination is good all round for the game".

barrybueno
04-02-2019, 08:50 PM
a ref does the right thing where Utd are concerned, their players waste no time crowding round and reminding the ref of the Riley principle - "come on Ref. You know that Utd domination is good all round for the game".

Right on H :thumbup:

IUFG
04-03-2019, 07:46 AM

You fcking arséhole, h.

No offence, like...

****************************** RILEY KLAXON ******************************

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

Chief Arrowhead
04-03-2019, 02:10 PM

****warbler? I don't think I can use that 'round these hyeah parts without fisticuffs, whatever it is.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-03-2019, 02:14 PM
****warbler? I don't think I can use that 'round these hyeah parts without fisticuffs, whatever it is.

It certainly ain't a compliment Chief. we tend to make new insults all the time by prepending it on to other words.

****hook was popular at my school as in you are even lower than a **** and merely something someone would hang a **** on.

Ash
04-03-2019, 02:21 PM
It certainly ain't a compliment Chief. we tend to make new insults all the time by prepending it on to other words.

****hook was popular at my school as in you are even lower than a **** and merely something someone would hang a **** on.

Beavis and Butthead were quite good at that sort of thing.

"Fartknocker" ISTR was one of theirs.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 02:25 PM
Sh!tHousery - born on AWIMB - is pretty random
:hehe:

Chief Arrowhead
04-03-2019, 02:25 PM

In that case I'll add this term to my England File so that when I come visit I'll be sure to use it liberally.

Viva Prat Vegas
04-03-2019, 02:27 PM
Viva Prat Vegas "Sh!tHousery - born on AWIMB - is pretty random"

Correction - AFTV

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:33 PM
You fcking arséhole, h.

No offence, like...

****************************** RILEY KLAXON ******************************

If you say 'M**e R*ley three times in front of a mirror, Phil Neville appears and tries to break your leg. :nod:

Burney
04-03-2019, 02:34 PM
Viva Prat Vegas "Sh!tHousery - born on AWIMB - is pretty random"

Correction - AFTV

:nod: 'bantered us off with...shítHOUSEry

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2019, 02:37 PM
:nod: 'bantered us off with...shítHOUSEry

Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley

IUFG
04-03-2019, 02:45 PM
Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley Mike Riley

************ RILEY BANDWIDTH REDUCING KLAXON ************

I have this youtube page in my favourites / bookmarks

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
04-03-2019, 03:01 PM

Cockwomble seems to be a recent one that has come into the mix

Chief Arrowhead
04-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Cockwomble seems to be a recent one that has come into the mix

duly noted and added to my file. Thanks, ABR

btw, If I was y'all i wouldn't use the "C word", as it's known around here, in the USA! USA!! USA!!! In fact it might be the most vicious vulgarity that you could use!

Sir C
04-03-2019, 03:08 PM

btw, If I was y'all i wouldn't use the "C word", as it's known around here, in the USA! USA!! USA!!! In fact it might be the most vicious vulgarity that you could use!

To be fair Chief, it still has a certain impact here. You wouldn't laughingly say to your mum, for example, "Alright you old ****?" (herb would.)

WES
04-03-2019, 03:25 PM

And not much different here either - outside of the football realm. It has a particular appeal to football supporters, often tongue in cheek, but it is a word rarely used outside of that sub-culture in my experience.

Hockey players, as an example, would not be caught dead using it. Same applies to cricketers, I think.

Burney
04-03-2019, 03:27 PM
To be fair Chief, it still has a certain impact here. You wouldn't laughingly say to your mum, for example, "Alright you old ****?" (herb would.)

Whereas if I were to offer you a cheery 'Happy Birthday, you old ****', it would be a token of my esteem.

The English language is a harsh and capricious mistress.

Burney
04-03-2019, 03:30 PM
And not much different here either - outside of the football realm. It has a particular appeal to football supporters, often tongue in cheek, but it is a word rarely used outside of that sub-culture in my experience.

Hockey players, as an example, would not be caught dead using it. Same applies to cricketers, I think.

Eh? I can assure you I've been called a **** more times while playing cricket than in virtually any other milieu.

Sir C
04-03-2019, 03:34 PM

Eh? How long have you lived in this country?

WES
04-03-2019, 03:34 PM
Eh? I can assure you I've been called a **** more times while playing cricket than in virtually any other milieu.

Really? Interesting, I was guessing as I have obviously never played it.

Certainly the gents I play hockey with would never use it, ever.

WES
04-03-2019, 03:37 PM
Eh? How long have you lived in this country?

I live in Surrey. If you used that word at a house party, in the pub with your mates, at a golf club or hockey club or pretty much any social venue I can think of, people would be aghast.

It's only in things football related that I ever use that word. :shrug:

Sir C
04-03-2019, 03:38 PM
I live in Surrey. If you used that word at a house party, in the pub with your mates, at a golf club or hockey club or pretty much any social venue I can think of, people would be aghast.

It's only in things football related that I ever use that word. :shrug:

:-( You don't have any friends :-(

Burney
04-03-2019, 03:48 PM

More to the point, his social circle sounds hideously petty bourgeois :-(

Imagine never saying ‘cùnt’.

WES
04-03-2019, 03:49 PM

:rolleyes: Yeah, course. That's it.

Perhaps my friends are of a slightly different class than you are used to. There is a life outside of used cars, you know.

WES
04-03-2019, 03:51 PM

Actually, I wouldn't entirely disagree. Surrey is beautiful, but it has its drawbacks and a surplus of petty bourgeois people is one of them. Are you actually telling me that if you attended a Whitgift function of some kind you would use c*nt freely? At Charterhouse it would probably result in my son being expelled.

Sir C
04-03-2019, 03:59 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah, course. That's it.

Perhaps my friends are of a slightly different class than you are used to. There is a life outside of used cars, you know.

:hehe: ****.*

*Not in the affectionate manner used between friends.

Sir C
04-03-2019, 04:00 PM

He's like RCEG with his Merc. He thinks he's made it because he lives in Surrey. :hehe:

Burney
04-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Actually, I wouldn't entirely disagree. Surrey is beautiful, but it has its drawbacks and a surplus of petty bourgeois people is one of them. Are you actually telling me that if you attended a Whitgift function of some kind you would use c*nt freely? At Charterhouse it would probably result in my son being expelled.

Well we obviously wouldn't say it in front of our teachers, but we'd certainly call them it behind their backs. Generally, among the boys and in social circles, it was pretty commonly used.

Granted, Whitgift - whatever its benefits - is still in Croydon and so probably has a somewhat rougher edge than Chartreuse, but even so I think you'd be surprised. Some of the sweariest men I've ever known have been public school boys.

Burney
04-03-2019, 04:06 PM
He's like RCEG with his Merc. He thinks he's made it because he lives in Surrey. :hehe:

I knew a chap who went to Sherborne and regularly started fights when drunk by sidling up to the girlfriend of (invariably) the biggest bloke in the bar and saying 'I'll bet you've got a lovely ****'*.
He was as posh as you like.

*Obviously reprehensible behaviour of which I wholeheartedly disapprove and which I certainly never found amusing in any way - oh, no! #MeToo #TimesUp

WES
04-03-2019, 04:16 PM
:hehe: ****.*

*Not in the affectionate manner used between friends.

You really should give me credit for that one. You would have been proud of yourself had you done the same to me. :-)