PDA

View Full Version : BBC IPL commentary

Tony C
04-01-2019, 02:40 PM
This is just a bloke sitting in front of a tv innit.

I can tell because they turn down the tv when they start the onfield interviews and adverts :shrug:

Also they’re at least a couple of balls behind the actual live feed.

Ash
04-01-2019, 02:41 PM
This is just a bloke sitting in front of a tv innit.

I can tell because they turn down the tv when they start the onfield interviews and adverts :shrug:

Also they’re at least a couple of balls behind the actual live feed.

I should hope so. We don't need to be sending blokes out there on the licence fee imo.

Burney
04-01-2019, 02:45 PM
I should hope so. We don't need to be sending blokes out there on the licence fee imo.

:nod: I still don't think I've ever watched a T20 game all the way through. I just find the format boring. :shrug:

Ash
04-01-2019, 02:46 PM
:nod: I still don't think I've ever watched a T20 game all the way through. I just find the format boring. :shrug:

Lords or the Oval on the proverbial balmy summer evening is just wonderful. Especially when Middlesex win. (not very often).

Burney
04-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Lords or the Oval on the proverbial balmy summer evening is just wonderful. Especially when Middlesex win. (not very often).

I think the older I've got, the more I realise how much better cricket is when ball dominates bat.

In that sense, I think T20 has it arse-about-face.

Tony C
04-01-2019, 03:26 PM
The best T20 games are the low scoring affairs...just straight up trench warfare.

Ash
04-01-2019, 03:51 PM
I think the older I've got, the more I realise how much better cricket is when ball dominates bat.

In that sense, I think T20 has it arse-about-face.

Oh, I agree. The summer evening out isn't really about the cricket. The booze and the banter is lovely though.