PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had one of those hangovers that seem wholly disproportionate to your

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:03 PM
alcohol consumption the previous night?

That, basically. :-(

Sir C
03-28-2019, 01:06 PM

Wht was the extent of your consumption then?

Oddly, I awoke at 4 a.m. with the banging head and the dry mouth, but it had gone by 6. I'd only drank a bottle of porter and one of wine. Possibly one and a half of wine.

WES
03-28-2019, 01:07 PM

Yes, and I eventually realised it was because I had become really f*cking :old:

That or your consumption was so significant that you were incapable of realising how significant it really was, Burnley.

What say you? :judge:

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Wht was the extent of your consumption then?

Oddly, I awoke at 4 a.m. with the banging head and the dry mouth, but it had gone by 6. I'd only drank a bottle of porter and one of wine. Possibly one and a half of wine.

Well, as I’m not working today, I thought I’d push the boat out and have a bottle and a half rather than my customary bottle. But it’s only a 12 per center, so why am I now sitting in a pub two thirds of the way through my second pint still feeling rough? Hmmm?

Monty92
03-28-2019, 01:15 PM

Yes. Every time I drink three pints :-(

Monty92
03-28-2019, 01:16 PM

Sir C
03-28-2019, 01:16 PM
Well, as I’m not working today, I thought I’d push the boat out and have a bottle and a half rather than my customary bottle. But it’s only a 12 per center, so why am I now sitting in a pub two thirds of the way through my second pint still feeling rough? Hmmm?

There is no reasonable explanation for this. Perhaps you have turned a little to the gay side.

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:19 PM
There is no reasonable explanation for this. Perhaps you have turned a little to the gay side.

I don’t think I’ve started fancying men :shrug:

Perhaps it was all that talk of raping Monty’s eyeless skull yesterday that did it? :rubchin:

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:22 PM

Yes, but that’s your Semitic inheritance, innit? No-one would expect a Jew to be able to take his drink, whereas I am of hardy Northern European stock and can normally shrug off quantities that would kill the likes of you.

Sir C
03-28-2019, 01:24 PM

Ah, there you are. I wouldn't wish to upset you, but several people here spent yesterday afternoon fantasising about eviscerating you with a rusty nail.

They pretend to be your friend but secretly they all want you to be tortured to death. :-(

Let's meet up and talk about it. At a disused barn down a dark lane. I will bring power tools and pliers.

You just bring yourself, your internal organs and your blood.

Sir C
03-28-2019, 01:25 PM
Yes, but that’s your Semitic inheritance, innit? No-one would expect a Jew to be able to take his drink, whereas I am of hardy Northern European stock and can normally shrug off quantities that would kill the likes of you.

Isn't the blood of christian babies intoxicating, then? They drink that stuff by the gallon, apparently.

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:27 PM
Isn't the blood of christian babies intoxicating, then? They drink that stuff by the gallon, apparently.

I’ve no idea, to be honest. Mind you, I’d rather drink Christian baby blood than their fùcking awful wine.

Monty92
03-28-2019, 01:29 PM
Ah, there you are. I wouldn't wish to upset you, but several people here spent yesterday afternoon fantasising about eviscerating you with a rusty nail.

They pretend to be your friend but secretly they all want you to be tortured to death. :-(

Let's meet up and talk about it. At a disused barn down a dark lane. I will bring power tools and pliers.

You just bring yourself, your internal organs and your blood.

What is so awfully silly about Herbie's claims that he missed his chance to track me down since we moved from the tight confines of Highbury is that he knows where I live: I live on the same road as Mesut Ozil, as I may occasionally mention.

And failing that, if he can't find me, he certainly knows where my mother lives. And indeed where her tight confines are :shrug:

Sir C
03-28-2019, 01:32 PM
I’ve no idea, to be honest. Mind you, I’d rather drink Christian baby blood than their fùcking awful wine.

Jewine? There is jewine? What, made out of water at a wedding?

Lebanese wine is good, and they píss in a similar pot, surely?

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:36 PM
Jewine? There is jewine? What, made out of water at a wedding?

Lebanese wine is good, and they píss in a similar pot, surely?

It’s sweet red wine. :-(

It’s an offence to wine.

https://www.waitrosecellar.com/dessert-wine/carmel-palwin-no10-menorah?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4pbm4Pmk4QIV77ftCh24gAXREAQYAiAB EgK2__D_BwE

Sir C
03-28-2019, 01:38 PM
It’s sweet red wine. :-(

It’s an offence to wine.

https://www.waitrosecellar.com/dessert-wine/carmel-palwin-no10-menorah?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4pbm4Pmk4QIV77ftCh24gAXREAQYAiAB EgK2__D_BwE

Hmm. Mind you, we had that Italian red dessert wine at my wedding and that was terrific stuff.

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:42 PM
Hmm. Mind you, we had that Italian red dessert wine at my wedding and that was terrific stuff.

Yes. But that was made by Italians. This is not.

Basically, our Hebrew chums may be dab hands at stuff like accountancy and whatnot, but should not be allowed near the manufacture of alcohol under any circumstances.

Sir C
03-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Yes. But that was made by Italians. This is not.

Basically, our Hebrew chums may be dab hands at stuff like accountancy and whatnot, but should not be allowed near the manufacture of alcohol under any circumstances.

They're good at usury and genital mutilation.

Grand bunch of lads.

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:48 PM
They're good at usury and genital mutilation.

Grand bunch of lads.

Yes. Although no-one’s idea of a good night involves those things, does it?

You’ll be happy to know the third pint is bringing matters under control.

I may need a kip, though.

Sir C
03-28-2019, 01:52 PM
Yes. Although no-one’s idea of a good night involves those things, does it?

You’ll be happy to know the third pint is bringing matters under control.

I may need a kip, though.

If I were you I'd finish with a port and brandy. Just to settle the lads.

Burney
03-28-2019, 01:53 PM
If I were you I'd finish with a port and brandy. Just to settle the lads.

Steady on. A chap still has to drive home. One wouldn’t want to be irresponsible.

Monty92
03-28-2019, 02:01 PM
Steady on. A chap still has to drive home. One wouldn’t want to be irresponsible.

:-O Naughty Burney!!!11111111!!!

I got an absolute shoeing from the missus for driving after three pints a few months back.

I think it might have been the whole 'having the kids in the car with me' part that really gave her the a*sehole :hide:

Sir C
03-28-2019, 02:04 PM

I got an absolute shoeing from the missus for driving after three pints a few months back.

I think it might have been the whole 'having the kids in the car with me' part that really got her back up :hide:

Pffff. Back in the 80s we'd drink 10 or 12 pints and think nothing of driving home.

What harm did that ever do anyone, eh? Bloody nanny state.

Ash
03-28-2019, 02:06 PM
Pffff. Back in the 80s we'd drink 10 or 12 pints and think nothing of driving home.

What harm did that ever do anyone, eh? Bloody nanny state.

I had a friend who got hammered at a party one night and the next day claimed that someone drove him home. In his car. At least that must have been what happened as he didn't remember driving home. :-\

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-28-2019, 02:50 PM

This is most bizarre b for I also awoke this morning, around 4, with a pounding headache after no more than a couple of bottles of San Miguel and a puff on a stogey.

Merkel has clearly already started bombarding us with her euro death ray machine. Are you also feeling inclined, like Boris, to accept May's latest offer by any chance?

Burney
03-28-2019, 02:56 PM

I think it might have been the whole 'having the kids in the car with me' part that really gave her the a*sehole :hide:

Yes, but she knows you to be a lightweight and this barely able to control your bladder after three pints - let alone a motor vehicle.

Sir C
03-28-2019, 02:57 PM
I had a friend who got hammered at a party one night and the next day claimed that someone drove him home. In his car. At least that must have been what happened as he didn't remember driving home. :-\

Hard to imagine such a thing :hide:

Burney
03-28-2019, 02:58 PM
This is most bizarre b for I also awoke this morning, around 4, with a pounding headache after no more than a couple of bottles of San Miguel and a puff on a stogey.

Merkel has clearly already started bombarding us with her euro death ray machine. Are you also feeling inclined, like Boris, to accept May's latest offer by any chance?

It’s definitely down to foreigners, h. Scum to a man - especially the brown ones.

Luis Anaconda
03-28-2019, 03:01 PM

Hence enjoying my Maß in the English Gardens while waiting for people to finish work. Wd the Biergarten

Rich
03-28-2019, 03:03 PM

Also happened to me. I had apparently attempted the journey solo earlier but been stopped by my friends. They came down in the morning to find I had escaped via an open window. I was at home with my car neatly stowed on the drive. To this day I have no idea who aided my escape.

Burney
03-28-2019, 03:07 PM
Hard to imagine such a thing :hide:

Yes. The midnight run, as I used to think of it.

Anyway, it’s a well-known medical fact that cocaine cancels out the effects of alcohol.

Rich
03-28-2019, 03:08 PM

Anyway, it’s a well-known medical fact that cocaine cancels out the effects of alcohol.

Met someone in Fulham last week that refers to himself as Cocaine Steve. Let me know if you’d like his number.

Sir C
03-28-2019, 03:10 PM

It's the mornings I worry about these days. Stupid fúcking way to lose your licence.

Burney
03-28-2019, 03:18 PM
It's the mornings I worry about these days. Stupid fúcking way to lose your licence.

I think it’s damned unfair breathalysing people in the morning. Not playing the game at all if you ask me.