PDA

View Full Version : ready meal review #1

Pat Vegas
03-27-2019, 02:19 PM
Since I've been without kitchen I have had to endure the wonders of tesco's finestmeals

65p you can't go wrong with this one.
:hide:

https://img.tesco.com/Groceries/pi/215/5057545715215/IDShot_540x540.jpg

Sir C
03-27-2019, 02:31 PM
Since I've been without kitchen I have had to endure the wonders of tesco's finestmeals

I take it that's free range chicken, yes?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-27-2019, 02:34 PM

7.1g of saturated fat out of 12.2g. I can't imagine that being particularly healthy?

Burney
03-27-2019, 02:40 PM
7.1g of saturated fat out of 12.2g. I can't imagine that being particularly healthy?

A classic case of mandated food labelling being misleading. Pound to a penny that's mostly the coconut milk. Coconuts are very high in healthy saturated fats.

Or they just poured a load of lard in there for a laugh, of course.

Maravilloso Marvo
03-27-2019, 02:48 PM
I take it that's free range chicken, yes?

I remember going to a local butchers back around 2000, maybe 2001. I had been sent with instructions to only buy a free range chicken. So I asked the not so friendly butcher if the chicken was free range - "if you want it to be, it is" was his response.

That was good enough for me.

Rich
03-27-2019, 02:52 PM
I remember going to a local butchers back around 2000, maybe 2001. I had been sent with instructions to only buy a free range chicken. So I asked the not so friendly butcher if the chicken was free range - "if you want it to be, it is" was his response.

That was good enough for me.

Waste of time, if you ask me. Did a blind taste test and there was no discernible difference. Chickens are ****ing stupid as I can testify having had them virtually my entire life and so really would know no difference.

In other news, my neighbours children’s guinea pig hutch was broken into by rats last week who ate both of them both alive :-( I found this quite disturbing.

Burney
03-27-2019, 02:54 PM
Waste of time, if you ask me. Did a blind taste test and there was no discernible difference. Chickens are ****ing stupid as I can testify having had them virtually my entire life and so really would know no difference.

In other news, my neighbours children’s guinea pig hutch was broken into by rats last week who ate both of them both alive :-( I found this quite disturbing.

One of my stepsons’ hamsters are the other starting with the head. Fùcked up or what?

Sir C
03-27-2019, 02:56 PM

I've had chickens around all my life and I can tell you with absolute confidence that the average chicken is signifcantly more intelligent than you. Come to think of it, the average boiled egg is significantly more intelligent than you.

Cretin.

Rich
03-27-2019, 02:57 PM
One of my stepsons’ hamsters are the other starting with the head. Fùcked up or what?

That is troubling. I hope you took the cannibal out of the gene pool?

Rich
03-27-2019, 02:58 PM
I've had chickens around all my life and I can tell you with absolute confidence that the average chicken is signifcantly more intelligent than you. Come to think of it, the average boiled egg is significantly more intelligent than you.

Cretin.

Well I once saved one our ours (Meave) from our cat and she has never once showed a shred of gratitude. She lives the life of a queen thanks to my family.

Sir C
03-27-2019, 03:01 PM
Well I once saved one our ours (Meave) from our cat and she has never once showed a shred of gratitude. She lives the life of a queen thanks to my family.

Why was your cat threatening a chicken, you sick fúck? Why are your cats not trained to see the chickens as a part of the family? Are you mentally unwell?

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:01 PM
That is troubling. I hope you took the cannibal out of the gene pool?

No. He lives yet. I regard him with a degree of awe and respect, the mad bástard

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:05 PM
Why was your cat threatening a chicken, you sick fúck? Why are your cats not trained to see the chickens as a part of the family? Are you mentally unwell?

I'm more concerned at his inability to spell Maeve

Rich
03-27-2019, 03:07 PM

Well he was about 6 months old and had just learnt to hunt sparrows: a pursuit which he was/is awfully fond of to this day.

Meave and friends had an outer, fenced area in which they could run during the day. Freddie discovered that this fence was easily scaled and did just that.

Meave and co now have a completely enclosed run and Freddie can just watch them & get frustrated.

Rich
03-27-2019, 03:08 PM
I'm more concerned at his inability to spell Maeve

Thanks for your concern. However, that is spelt correctly, in her case.

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:09 PM
Well he was about 6 months old and had just learnt to hunt sparrows: a pursuit which he was/is awfully fond of to this day.

Meave and friends had an outer, fenced area in which they could run during the day. Freddie discovered that this fence was easily scaled and did just that.

Meave and co now have a completely enclosed run and Freddie can just watch them & get frustrated.

My cat keeps bringing in the same frog. I've rescued him four times now. He doesn't even look scared now, just píssed off.

Ash
03-27-2019, 03:11 PM

Was Maeve named after the character in Westworld? Does she run a house for ladies of negotiable affection?

Rich
03-27-2019, 03:13 PM
My cat keeps bringing in the same frog. I've rescued him four times now. He doesn't even look scared now, just píssed off.

I’m not sure what this says about your cat’s hunting prowess. Ours tears his prey to shreds and tends to leave the head of the bird only (and hundreds of feathers). Perhaps it’s time to release the frog further afield?

Freddie often brings mice in alive. I feel terrible taking them away from him as he folornly searches the house for it after I’ve confiscated it.

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:16 PM
I’m not sure what this says about your cat’s hunting prowess. Ours tears his prey to shreds and tends to leave the head of the bird only (and hundreds of feathers). Perhaps it’s time to release the frog further afield?

Freddie often brings mice in alive. I feel terrible taking them away from him as he folornly searches the house for it after I’ve confiscated it.

The frog lives in next door's pond.

Every cat I've ever known struggles with actually killing frogs. Their lack of a clearly-defined neck for the cat's preferred coup de gráce is the reason, apparently.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-27-2019, 03:16 PM
A classic case of mandated food labelling being misleading. Pound to a penny that's mostly the coconut milk. Coconuts are very high in healthy saturated fats.

Or they just poured a load of lard in there for a laugh, of course.

Is there such thing as healthy saturated fats?

Pat Vegas
03-27-2019, 03:19 PM

that being said I have lost 10lbs in the last 3 weeks.

IUFG
03-27-2019, 03:45 PM
The frog lives in next door's pond.

Every cat I've ever known struggles with actually killing frogs. Their lack of a clearly-defined neck for the cat's preferred coup de gráce is the reason, apparently.

Talking of frogs.

When listening to the latest Mince whilst driving, I had to pull into a layby to have a crying laugh.

The line during the Slaughterhouse sketch "my ringpiece is pulsating like a frog's cheek"

:hehe: :hehe:

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Talking of frogs.

When listening to the latest Mince whilst driving, I had to pull into a layby to have a crying laugh.

The line during the Slaughterhouse sketch "my ringpiece is pulsating like a frog's cheek"

:hehe: :hehe:

:nod: That did for me, too. Very nearly ended up under a lorry at Junction 28.