PDA

View Full Version : RazorWIMB. I need a new one. I've been using a Mach 3 head for over a decade as my

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-27-2019, 11:02 AM
beloved got me a set with a proper badger tail brush*.

But the Mach 3 blades are a scam now. They are nowhere near as sharp as they used to be. Even when I buy them expensively in reputable French chainstores, not just online. I refuse to pay four quid for a blade I can use just once.

So what do I get?

Part of me wants to get a cut throat like they shave me in India. But given I cut myself with the safety razors shaving on K, I be at risk of topping myself accidentally.

I found a SL Tamil who shaves me in Paris for €7. At the start of the century I had a 'Stani in Barca who'd do it for two.

But I reckon you need to be a born and bred sub-continental to do it properly.

All genuine advice appreciated.

*Pointless factoid. The French use the word blaireau for both the animal and the shaving brush.

Sir C
03-27-2019, 11:15 AM

But the Mach 3 blades are a scam now. They are nowhere near as sharp as they used to be. Even when I buy them expensively in reputable French chainstores, not just online. I refuse to pay four quid for a blade I can use just once.

So what do I get?

Part of me wants to get a cut throat like they shave me in India. But given I cut myself with the safety razors shaving on K, I be at risk of topping myself accidentally.

I found a SL Tamil who shaves me in Paris for €7. At the start of the century I had a 'Stani in Barca who'd do it for two.

*Pointless factoid. The French use the word blaireau for both the animal and the shaving brush.

I went back to using a safety razor a couple of years ago. It took a while to adjust - you can't hack away and hope like you do with a Mach 3, you need to take a little care. But once you're used to it, it's rather satisfying and the costs amount to fúcker and pence.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-27-2019, 11:19 AM

So what do I get?

Funnily enough i'm having the exact same predicament. I've used mach 3 for yonks but for the past year their blades have been ****. I'm debating whether to get the Gillette Fusion Styler so i can do a bit of both (trim and leave stubble or clean shave) or a Dorco 6 because the blades are cheaper.

Burney
03-27-2019, 11:29 AM

So what do I get?

I use Harry's. They're very good, miles cheaper than Gillette and they just turn up on your doorstep.

Luis Anaconda
03-27-2019, 12:10 PM
I use Harry's. They're very good, miles cheaper than Gillette and they just turn up on your doorstep.
I was looking into them recently - seem quite decent. I may well get some

03-27-2019, 12:12 PM
Funnily enough i'm having the exact same predicament. I've used mach 3 for yonks but for the past year their blades have been ****. I'm debating whether to get the Gillette Fusion Styler so i can do a bit of both (trim and leave stubble or clean shave) or a Dorco 6 because the blades are cheaper.

Thank you. I've got a set of clippers for my head and beard, so I doubt I need this Fusion. But that Dorco 6 looks fine, as long as the blades stay as sharp as long as Mach 3 did in the old days.

Please let me know if you get one before me.

03-27-2019, 12:13 PM

But do you choose when they turn up on your doorstep, or do you have to subscribe?

Burney
03-27-2019, 12:13 PM

:nod: Would recommend. And it means relaxing the Gillette corporation's vice-like grip on your knackers.

03-27-2019, 12:14 PM

Just looked at their website. Massive pic of Harry Kane.

I shall use the other won instead. Probably.

Burney
03-27-2019, 12:16 PM
But do you choose when they turn up on your doorstep, or do you have to subscribe?

You subscribe to different packages. My box comes every five months, which seems to do me - and I shave every day.

The only issue I have with them is their recent hook-up with big-chinned yid **** slag Harry Kane. This has forced me to look at alternatives.

03-27-2019, 12:57 PM
You subscribe to different packages. My box comes every five months, which seems to do me - and I shave every day.

The only issue I have with them is their recent hook-up with big-chinned yid **** slag Harry Kane. This has forced me to look at alternatives.

Yeah. I don't like the subscription thing, and what with only shaving rarely and travelling, I don't want to have to cheep loging in and pausing the sub. Especially when that Dorco 6 or whatever is the sameish price per blade, and hopefully they'll sell the blades on Prime.

So the thought of having to piss about to make Harry Kane richer is just too much. I hope they go bust owing him loads. I think you should change instanter.

Ash
03-27-2019, 01:16 PM
I'm shocked to see people handing their readies over to Harry Kane, even if (and I agree) Mach 3 have gone downhill in the last year.

What about the other lot - Wilkinson's Sword?

PSRB
03-27-2019, 01:38 PM
I'm shocked to see people handing their readies over to Harry Kane, even if (and I agree) Mach 3 have gone downhill in the last year.

They lacerate my face. I shave once a fortnight and use an electric to remove the major fuzz and then finish it off with Gillette Fusion, a set of 4 blades should last me a year :-)

03-27-2019, 01:50 PM
They lacerate my face. I shave once a fortnight and use an electric to remove the major fuzz and then finish it off with Gillette Fusion, a set of 4 blades should last me a year :-)

I use clippers grade zero then finish off with a shave.

But what about this Dorco 6? If they're ok, I'd rather give my money to them than Harry Kane.

Ash
03-27-2019, 01:59 PM

What, like Bics?

PSRB
03-27-2019, 02:11 PM
What, like Bics?

Yes, as bad as Bics

Ash
03-27-2019, 02:13 PM
Yes, as bad as Bics

This is not good. We should write to this Harold fellow and point out that more people hate Spurs than like Harry Kane.

Luis Anaconda
03-27-2019, 02:46 PM

meh - I quite like the Bulldog products that were heavily advertised by Frank Lampard. The skin wants what the skin wants, a

Ash
03-27-2019, 02:56 PM
meh - I quite like the Bulldog products that were heavily advertised by Frank Lampard. The skin wants what the skin wants, a

You'll be drinking Holsten next - mark my words.

IUFG
03-27-2019, 03:02 PM

Use this stuff. makes even the bluntest blade almost acceptable

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1298/5195/products/6-8.jpg?v=1541552715

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:07 PM
Use this stuff. makes even the bluntest blade almost acceptable

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1298/5195/products/6-8.jpg?v=1541552715

I use that. Although I'm coming around to the idea that a lather is completely unnecessary in shaving. What you actually need is just oil. Sometimes I just use moisturiser.

IUFG
03-27-2019, 03:10 PM
I use that. Although I'm coming around to the idea that a lather is completely unnecessary in shaving. What you actually need is just oil. Sometimes I just use moisturiser.

Well, if in a rush, I'll have a shave in the shower using the water as shaving lube.
Seems to work fairly well tbh

Ash
03-27-2019, 03:12 PM

The lather is so you can see which bits you've done. :thumbup:

Burney
Well, if in a rush, I'll have a shave in the shower using the water as shaving lube.
Seems to work fairly well tbh

Oh, I haven't shaved other than in the shower for years. Only amateurs need a mirror.

Sir C

Moisturiser? :hehe: Why not use some of your massive supply of KY Jelly, you absolute bender.

Burney
The lather is so you can see which bits you've done. :thumbup:

I shave blind, a. Like a boss.

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:13 PM
Moisturiser? :hehe: Why not use some of your massive supply of KY Jelly, you absolute bender.

Not oily enough.

Peter
03-27-2019, 03:13 PM

There is nothing unmanly about moisturiser. Its essential...

Sir C
03-27-2019, 03:15 PM

Essential for picking up leather-clad hairy-arsed brutes in the Admiral Duncan to give your bottie a good reaming?

NTTAWWI, naturally. You fill your boots.
#gaylord

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:17 PM

Do you think Clint Eastwood has ever used moisturiser, p? Of course not.

Luis Anaconda
03-27-2019, 03:25 PM

I got given this

https://www.acquadiparma.com/en-ww/shaving-oil-1

a while back. Better shave than anything with foam

Luis Anaconda
03-27-2019, 03:27 PM
You'll be drinking Holsten next - mark my words.

I was going to admit to doing that once - but thought it was too far.

I do own a dreamcast though

Burney
03-27-2019, 03:29 PM
I got given this

:nod: Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza is my man-smell weapon of choice all round.

IUFG
03-27-2019, 03:39 PM
I got given this

"Hand made by artisans"

Oh, do fúck off.

them, not you

PSRB
03-27-2019, 03:44 PM
I was going to admit to doing that once - but thought it was too far.

I do own a dreamcast though

I couldn't really not use Thomson Holidays