PDA

View Full Version : Why are they switching our Napoli game so we have to play at home first?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-15-2019, 12:17 PM
According to BBC Sport, anyway.

Also, Napoli. Any good?

PSRB
03-15-2019, 12:25 PM
According to BBC Sport, anyway.

Also, Napoli. Any good?

Because we can't play at home on same day as Chelsea and as they finished above us, they get 1st dibs.

Napoli are probably the best side left in the draw bar Chelsea

Maravilloso Marvo
03-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Last night, Chelsea were favourites, Napoli second favourites and we were third favourites.

I seem to recall us knocking them out in the CL qualifier a few years back without too much trouble.

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2019, 12:32 PM
Last night, Chelsea were favourites, Napoli second favourites and we were third favourites.

I seem to recall us knocking them out in the CL qualifier a few years back without too much trouble.

You're probably thinking of Udinese. We had Napoli in our Champions League group a few years back. Won 2-0 at home, lost 2-0 away and sneaked through the group on goal difference. Dortmund were also in the group

03-15-2019, 12:33 PM
Because we can't play at home on same day as Chelsea and as they finished above us, they get 1st dibs.

Napoli are probably the best side left in the draw bar Chelsea

Right. So we'll prob draw or win by 2-1 or something at home then get knocked out over there? Gutted. But why can't we have 2 home games on the same day? Every Saturday we have lots of home games on the same day.

PSRB
03-15-2019, 12:45 PM
You're probably thinking of Udinese. We had Napoli in our Champions League group a few years back. Won 2-0 at home, lost 2-0 away and sneaked through the group on goal difference. Dortmund were also in the group

Naples, that'll be fun for our away support :fight:

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2019, 01:20 PM

I was hoping for Prague - Frankfurt at a push

7sisters
03-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Right. So we'll prob draw or win by 2-1 or something at home then get knocked out over there? Gutted. But why can't we have 2 home games on the same day? Every Saturday we have lots of home games on the same day.

I think the outcome largely depends if Emery chooses to deploy Mustafi in the back 4/5.
He is beyond doubt, an unmitigated disaster, yet again falling asleep on his watch last night.

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2019, 01:47 PM
I think the outcome largely depends if Emery chooses to deploy Mustafi in the back 4/5.
He is beyond doubt, an unmitigated disaster, yet again falling asleep on his watch last night.

tbf they might have Ospina in goal (loan players can play in Europe I'm pretty sure). He owes us a few goals

Pat Vegas
03-15-2019, 02:01 PM

:cloud9: I saw they put up fake direction signs up around town to lead tourists down the wrong alley

IUFG
03-15-2019, 02:10 PM
I was hoping for Prague

me too.

beer cheaper than water, quick trip out to Letna, back to town for beers :lager:

was not to be...

Burney
03-15-2019, 02:16 PM
me too.

beer cheaper than water, quick trip out to Letna, back to town for beers :lager:

was not to be...

Is beer still cheaper than water there?

When I first went in '92, a 500ml bottle of Budweiser Budwar was 17p. :cloud9:

IUFG
03-15-2019, 02:32 PM
Is beer still cheaper than water there?

When I first went in '92, a 500ml bottle of Budweiser Budwar was 17p. :cloud9:

Yes. In a restaurant / bar

39Ks for a pint

50Ks for a bottle of water

Pence in the supermarkets...

About 30ks per £1

IUFG
03-15-2019, 02:38 PM
tbf they might have Ospina in goal (loan players can play in Europe I'm pretty sure). He owes us a few goals

Word, la
https://media.giphy.com/media/B1DXq7Wa584BK6054K/giphy.gif

03-15-2019, 02:39 PM

If we have Kos, Papa Sok and Nacho in the back 3, I'll be happy. As long as the 4 sexy attackers start.

If we admits he's seen the error of his ways re: Ozil and Rambo and we win the EL with the odd sexy goal, I'll apologise and get right behind him next season. As long as we buy a MF to replace Rambo's goals, assists and sexy flicks.

Hector, Iwobi and AMN have improved under him. So has Kola but he's had a season to adapt now. Mhikky also.

LA says the young Bubble is back, so we could have him on the bench instead of Mustafi.