PDA

View Full Version : Scholes gone!

redgunamo
03-14-2019, 11:59 PM
.. After about a month.

All these pundits thinking they can actually run football clubs; as bad as managers like Capello and Wenger thinking they can do punditry.

It's almost as though it's two completely different jobs :homer:

WES
03-15-2019, 08:30 AM
.. After about a month.

All these pundits thinking they can actually run football clubs; as bad as managers like Capello and Wenger thinking they can do punditry.

Great player in bad manager shocker. See also T. Henry.

If anyone was surprised that Henry was a rubbish manager they probably need a new hobby. His punditry was almost always incredibly superficial and one dimensional; add to that his enormous ego that oozes out of every pore and it was obvious that he was going to fail and fail badly.

barrybueno
03-15-2019, 09:03 AM

If anyone was surprised that Henry was a rubbish manager they probably need a new hobby. His punditry was almost always incredibly superficial and one dimensional; add to that his enormous ego that oozes out of every pore and it was obvious that he was going to fail and fail badly.

He got the job cos of the ginger/asthma quota innit. Now they've got that out of the way they can employ a normal person next.

Burney
03-15-2019, 09:15 AM
He got the job cos of the ginger/asthma quota innit. Now they've got that out of the way they can employ a normal person next.

Was he asthma? I thought he was diabetes?

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2019, 09:18 AM
Was he asthma? I thought he was diabetes?

Definitely asthma - and ginger. He did have a very bad case of ginger

Burney
03-15-2019, 09:22 AM

:nod: Who was diabetes, then? Was that Ian Botham?

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2019, 09:22 AM
:nod: Who was diabetes, then? Was that Ian Botham?

sadly the most famous one I can think of is Gary Mabbutt

Burney
03-15-2019, 09:25 AM
sadly the most famous one I can think of is Gary Mabbutt

Maybe that's who I'm thinking of.

Are we allowed to admit now that, for all that he was a Tottenham player, Gary Mabbutt always seemed remarkably nice? :hide:

redgunamo
03-15-2019, 09:29 AM
And midget, in one of its most virulent forms.

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2019, 09:30 AM
Maybe that's who I'm thinking of.

Are we allowed to admit now that, for all that he was a Tottenham player, Gary Mabbutt always seemed remarkably nice? :hide:

I think that is quite fair - scorer of one of my favourite goals too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpjNjc7riek

IUFG
03-15-2019, 09:33 AM
.. After about a month.

The commentator described Lacazette's yellow card tackle last night as "a Paul Scholes tackle".

Personally, I thought it should have been a :redcard:

IUFG
03-15-2019, 09:34 AM
I think that is quite fair - scorer of one of my favourite goals too :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpjNjc7riek

Perfect placement from the elbow magnet, there...

Pokster
03-15-2019, 09:35 AM

Excuse me, do you know why Scoles has left? I assume you think he was sacked???

redgunamo
03-15-2019, 09:46 AM
Finances? That's no excuse, I'm afraid. It'll be the same wherever he goes looking for coaching or managerial work; football clubs always tell extravagant porkies about their prospects.

The question for him is, Do I actually want to be a football manager or not.

Excuse me, do you know why Scoles has left? I assume you think he was sacked???

Pokster
03-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Finances? That's no excuse, I'm afraid. It'll be the same wherever he goes looking for coaching or managerial work; football clubs always tell extravagant porkies about their prospects.

The question for him is, Do I actually want to be a football manager or not.

No, not just finances, owner telling him to pick certain players...all sorts of off field stuff

redgunamo
03-15-2019, 11:06 AM
Same difference. The Real Madrid manager must deal with all of that too.

No, not just finances, owner telling him to pick certain players...all sorts of off field stuff

Pokster
03-15-2019, 11:08 AM
Same difference. The Real Madrid manager must deal with all of that too.

Probably not had the Gas turned off and the team coach not turning up as the bill hadn't been paid tbf

redgunamo
03-15-2019, 11:29 AM
I think Scholes simply doesn't really fancy it, Like Henry, Gary Neville, even TA6.

'I spoke to Ryan Giggs when he was leaving United. I told him, "Ryan, be careful. Once you are out there, you are not Ryan Giggs — Manchester United legend. It counts for nothing. Pick the wrong club, you're gone and everyone thinks you're a failure."

'My first club was Sheffield United. We were going to bring this player in, that player, start building something. First week, the chief executive told me we were struggling to pay the wages. I thought, "You can't do this to me, I was captain of Manchester United". But that's how it is.

There's all kinds of excuses, of course there is, but the difference with someone like Steve Bruce there is that he actually wants to be a football manager; he understands that you just have to get on with it.

Probably not had the Gas turned off and the team coach not turning up as the bill hadn't been paid tbf