PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I'd go so far as to call the Xhaka goal a de gea mistake.

eastgermanautos
03-10-2019, 09:57 PM
It was a difficult ball, hit with force. You choose one side or the other, he just happened to choose wrong. The hook into the left corner is even more customary, I'd have thought.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
03-10-2019, 10:19 PM
It was **** goalkeeping no two ways about it.

Sir C
03-11-2019, 09:09 AM
It was **** goalkeeping no two ways about it.

I'd have to disagree, AAR. The ball started off in one direction and then moved through 90 degrees - I can't see how de Gea could have foreseen such a swerve or adjusted his body weight in time to deal with it. wd gx, I'd say.

Burney
03-11-2019, 09:14 AM
I'd have to disagree, AAR. The ball started off in one direction and then moved through 90 degrees - I can't see how de Gea could have foreseen such a swerve or adjusted his body weight in time to deal with it. wd gx, I'd say.

90 degrees? Really?

Anyway, Sky's post-match coverage was rather odd. It was all about how United had somehow contrived to lose it rather than about us winning it by...y'know...playing better than them.

Sir C
03-11-2019, 09:20 AM
90 degrees? Really?

Anyway, Sky's post-match coverage was rather odd. It was all about how United had somehow contrived to lose it rather than about us winning it by...y'know...playing better than them.

Well, I haven't used a protractor to measure it accurately, of course, but given that it starts of going to De Gea's left, causing him to step to his left, and ends up in the right hand side of the goal, 90 degrees probably isn't much of an exaggeration.

I've sort of given up watching any of the punditry. It just makes me shout at the tv, which causes minor ripples in the otherwise undisturned lake of serenity which is Sir C Towers.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Well, I haven't used a protractor to measure it accurately, of course, but given that it starts of going to De Gea's left, causing him to step to his left, and ends up in the right hand side of the goal, 90 degrees probably isn't much of an exaggeration.

I've sort of given up watching any of the punditry. It just makes me shout at the tv, which causes minor ripples in the otherwise undisturned lake of serenity which is Sir C Towers.

As our resident aviation expert what’s your take on this 737-8M business? Seems like there’s something wrong with them, no?

Sir C
03-11-2019, 09:28 AM
As our resident aviation expert what’s your take on this 737-8M business? Seems like there’s something wrong with them, no?

Two in a short period of time, both allegedly displaying verticsal speed irregularities shortly after departure... it certainly sounds suspicious, doesn't it? However, these things are rarely, if ever, as simple as they might appear at first glance so I wouldn't yet jump to conclusions.

Burney
03-11-2019, 09:30 AM

I don't usually, but thought I'd watch it for the fun of seeing Neville's face.

It really is bizarre that, of all the footballers who have retired in recent years, anyone trying to recruit a pundit would ever think of Jamie Carragher.

I mean how many people turned them down before they arrived at that thick, screeching cùnt?

Burney
03-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Two in a short period of time, both allegedly displaying verticsal speed irregularities shortly after departure... it certainly sounds suspicious, doesn't it? However, these things are rarely, if ever, as simple as they might appear at first glance so I wouldn't yet jump to conclusions.

Well they've all been grounded, I believe.

Of course, we're apparently all racist for only paying attention to the dead Britons. Ho-hum.

Sir C
03-11-2019, 09:36 AM
Well they've all been grounded, I believe.

Of course, we're apparently all racist for only paying attention to the dead Britons. Ho-hum.

I believe some airlines have gounded their fleets pending further investigation, which seems to me sensible, if only for the peace of mind of passengers. Neither Boeing nor the FAA have done so, suggesting they aren't seeing an obvious issue at present.

IUFG
03-11-2019, 09:37 AM
90 degrees? Really?

Did you see MOTD?

Completely different match to the one I saw...

Burney
03-11-2019, 09:38 AM
I believe some airlines have gounded their fleets pending further investigation, which seems to me sensible, if only for the peace of mind of passengers. Neither Boeing nor the FAA have done so, suggesting they aren't seeing an obvious issue at present.

Aaahhh, I see. I must admit I only read the headline as I was vaguely interested, but not massively arsed.

Burney
03-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Did you see MOTD?

I've got it recorded. I'm not staying up past 11 O'Clock just to watch that.

IUFG
03-11-2019, 09:41 AM
I've got it recorded. I'm not staying up past 11 O'Clock just to watch that.

I wouldn't bother, b.

here's my review

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/NINTCHDBPICT000475027862.jpg?w=960

Sir C
03-11-2019, 09:41 AM
Aaahhh, I see. I must admit I only read the headline as I was vaguely interested, but not massively arsed.

If it's true that both aircraft exhibitied the phugoid activity a la AF447, as reported, it would definitely point to a software or pitot issue. That's a pretty big 'if', however, and ignores the mountains of other possible evidence which might reveal the truth.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
03-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Did you see MOTD?

:nod: it made it look like utd had all the play and created all the chances, at least in the first half. Yes they had a couple of decent chances which the big lad fluffed but they really didn't dominate.

Burney
03-11-2019, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't bother, b.

here's my review

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/NINTCHDBPICT000475027862.jpg?w=960

I saw that and thought I'd imagined it. But he did just go over after a foul and just casually puke between his legs, didn't he?

He's definitely my favourite current Arsenal player that lad. :hehe:

Burney
03-11-2019, 09:47 AM
If it's true that both aircraft exhibitied the phugoid activity a la AF447, as reported, it would definitely point to a software or pitot issue. That's a pretty big 'if', however, and ignores the mountains of other possible evidence which might reveal the truth.

Oooh, I like 'phugoid'. I'm definitely going to use that at some point.

Ash
03-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Did you see MOTD?

indeed. Complete cnuts, as I think may have been mentioned before.

Burney
03-11-2019, 10:14 AM
indeed. Complete cnuts, as I think may have been mentioned before.

Is it not presented by a man who is largely famous for being a United fan?

Ash
03-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Is it not presented by a man who is largely famous for being a United fan?

Is he? Still less annoying than Gary Lineker, tbf.

Burney
03-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Is he? Still less annoying than Gary Lineker, tbf.

Mark 'Chappers' Chapman? Yes.

Although he did shoot John Lennon, which is a bit of a black mark.

Sir C
03-11-2019, 10:28 AM
Mark 'Chappers' Chapman? Yes.

Although he did shoot John Lennon, which is a bit of a black mark.

This is the kind of racist abuse Our Diane is subjected to every day. It's a disgrace.

Burney
03-11-2019, 10:31 AM
This is the kind of racist abuse Our Diane is subjected to every day. It's a disgrace.

I used the phrase 'put up a black' the other day and younger people looked shocked.