How much like Michael Jackson does sir C look? :sherlock:

Burney
03-07-2019, 11:21 PM
How much like Michael Jackson does sir C look? :sherlock:

Well he has had a lot of work on his nose lately... :rubchin:

SWv2
03-08-2019, 10:01 AM
looks an awful lot like Cesc Fabregas.

I watched about 5-10 mins of this last evening.

Turns out MJ tried to do the penetrative bum action with at least one of the very trusting lads. Who'd have thought eh.

MJ a nonce.

:shrug:

Ash
03-08-2019, 10:03 AM

Turns out MJ tried to do the penetrative bum action with at least one of the very trusting lads. Who'd have thought eh.

MJ a nonce.

Hasn't everyone known this for years anyway? Not sure what's news here.

Burney
03-08-2019, 10:04 AM

MJ a nonce.

Yes. That was the one who looked like Cesc.

To be fair to MJ, he only actually bummed teenagers by the sound of things.

I mean it's not much of a plea of mitigation, but it's something. :shrug:

Burney
03-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Hasn't everyone known this for years anyway? Not sure what's news here.

They have, but a lot of people have until now been very deliberately copping a blind'un to the reality of it. This looks like it's set to define him for everyone bar his absolutely mentallest die-hard fans.

Ash
03-08-2019, 10:09 AM
They have, but a lot of people have until now been very deliberately copping a blind'un to the reality of it. This looks like it's set to define him for everyone bar his absolutely mentallest die-hard fans.

That'll be a lot of 'best video' compilation programmes gone for a burton then.

IUFG
03-08-2019, 10:15 AM

TOTP2 will be absolutely redundant at this rate of nonce naming...

Burney
03-08-2019, 10:18 AM

Well this is what I was touching on the other day. I'm really not sure how you tell the story of popular music in the 70s and 80s without mentioning Michael Jackson or playing his music.

Erasing Glitter and Savile from history's easy - they're nobodies. Michael Jackson, on the other hand...

WES
03-08-2019, 10:19 AM
The interesting part of this will be the reaction of radio and streaming services to this news and whether or not they will play or make available his music. And furthermore, whether people will want to listen to it.

Looking forward to this moral debate. :rubchin:

SWv2
03-08-2019, 10:41 AM
The interesting part of this will be the reaction of radio and streaming services to this news and whether or not they will play or make available his music. And furthermore, whether people will want to listen to it.

Looking forward to this moral debate. :rubchin:

I was in Tower Records in Dublin yesterday and they were playing Billie Jean which I thought was interesting given he was so in the news and the conversation your refer to above was happening.

Then being the sharp eared muso I am sure didn't I notice that it was not MJ but a cover version.

I expect / suspect they were being ironic in the way that record shop staff can be.

Ash
03-08-2019, 11:12 AM
I was in Tower Records in Dublin yesterday and they were playing Billie Jean which I thought was interesting given he was so in the news and the conversation your refer to above was happening.

Then being the sharp eared muso I am sure didn't I notice that it was not MJ but a cover version.

I expect / suspect they were being ironic in the way that record shop staff can be.

I though Tower Records went nipples-up years ago. Are yours ears sharp enough to have noticed that Billie Jean is borrowed from the intro to Riders on the Storm? Which of course is borrowed from Ghost Riders in the Sky, which in turn descends from Johnny Comes Marching Home ...

Burney
03-08-2019, 11:14 AM
I though Tower Records went nipples-up years ago. Are yours ears sharp enough to have noticed that Billie Jean is borrowed from the intro to Riders on the Storm? Which of course is borrowed from Ghost Riders in the Sky, which in turn descends from Johnny Comes Marching Home ...

...which in turn descends from 'Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye'.

SWv2
03-08-2019, 11:15 AM

Well of course.

:nod:

No.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2019, 11:37 AM
On the bright side , no more Rockin' Robin shown on TOTP2 with a silly Steve Wright voiceover

Burney
03-08-2019, 11:42 AM
On the bright side , no more Rockin' Robin shown on TOTP2 with a silly Steve Wright voiceover

Surely it's OK to show him when he was a child himself, though? Before he developed full-blown nonce?

Mind you, 'Can You Feel It?' has now taken on a very sinister overtone.

Ash
03-08-2019, 11:59 AM

I have the Bobby Day version of that on my Doo-Wop playlist.

:music: Twiddly-dee. Twiddly-diddly-dee. :music:

:-|

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2019, 12:01 PM
Don't set me off Ash
:furious:

Viva Prat Vegas
03-08-2019, 12:03 PM
I can never help not laughing at that Police mugshot of Jacko
The one where he wears red lipstick where his decayed lips ought to be

Ash
03-08-2019, 12:04 PM
Don't set me off Ash
:furious:

Luckily for me The Hollies version is the only recording of it in my head.

Tony C
03-08-2019, 12:37 PM
https://youtu.be/KgtizhlbIOQ

Tony C
03-08-2019, 12:41 PM
The good thing...if there is a good thing from all of this is that he died just before the brave new world we live in was getting going.

Can you imagine the carnage if he started out say 10 years ago :clap:

IUFG
03-08-2019, 01:05 PM
I though Tower Records went nipples-up years ago.

No-one has told the Irish chaps yet, obviously.

The range of vinyl available in this won was a joy to behold
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.0906488,-118.3836049,3a,41y,328.12h,95.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKP1JkRqVpwgxzO97OABHag!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

SWv2
03-08-2019, 02:04 PM
No-one has told the Irish chaps yet, obviously.

The range of vinyl available in this won was a joy to behold
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@34.0906488,-118.3836049,3a,41y,328.12h,95.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sKP1JkRqVpwgxzO97OABHag!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

Thriving in Dublin, arguably the main record store in the city now.

This lunchtime I have again visited in order to buy the deluxe double cd and dvd version of Other Aspects, the new offering by PW (out today).

Wd Tower Records.

WES
03-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Thriving in Dublin, arguably the main record store in the city now.

This lunchtime I have again visited in order to buy the deluxe double cd and dvd version of Other Aspects, the new offering by PW (out today).

Wd Tower Records.

You mean people actually still buy CDs in Ireland? Backward savages.

It's all about streaming in the civilised world, SW. Mind you, Spotify probably don't have enough PW demand to make it worth it.

SWv2
03-08-2019, 02:34 PM

It's all about streaming in the civilised world, SW. Mind you, Spotify probably don't have enough PW demand to make it worth it.

I Spotify at home via Sonos and also to / from work and in work.

I cannot Spotify in my car.

One always buys CDs when the need arises. Two this week - PW and Monks Road Social.

Ash
03-08-2019, 02:52 PM

It's funny to see lossy audio described as 'civilised'. It does a job, and I use it, but 90% of it is literally not there.

SWv2
03-08-2019, 03:05 PM
It's funny to see lossy audio described as 'civilised'. It does a job, and I use it, but 90% of it is literally not there.

Shíte when used via a phone even with what I assume to semi decent headphones.

Sonos does a job mind you.