03-07-2019, 07:44 PM
Diving header; 4-1.

:-|

:cry: ............

AFC East
03-07-2019, 07:45 PM
Even worse so are B & C tomorrow :-(

Wengers stock will rise a bit higher once again

It's not fun watching this. Even for people like me who feel absolutely no warmth to Emery, it's tough viewing.

All the same, we can still win this tie.

barrybueno
03-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Diving header; 4-1.

Diving headers count double :angry:

Just Trent
03-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Diving header; 4-1.

Time for a proper rebuild. High earners like Auba, Mikki and Ozil don’t look like they’ll get us back into the CL. Sell them, get the wage bill under control and invest in some younger players.

7sisters
03-07-2019, 07:52 PM
It's not fun watching this. Even for people like me who feel absolutely no warmth to Emery, it's tough viewing.

All the same, we can still win this tie.

Wenger could hardly be described as warm either. George had a bit of charm and charisma. Terry Neil was a bit of a knob, harmless, but a knob all the same, and Bertie ? He was probably out pruning the roses with his wife bringing him out a tray with a nice cup of tea and cake, each Sunday following the game...

redgunamo
03-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Diving headers count double :angry:

'Afraid so. It's in the rules.

AFC East
03-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Wenger could hardly be described as warm either. George had a bit of charm and charisma. Terry Neil was a bit of a knob, harmless, but a knob all the same, and Bertie ? He was probably out pruning the roses with his wife bringing him out a tray with a nice cup of tea and cake, each Sunday following the game...

Wenger was very widely loved and I felt a great warmth to his sense of humour and intelligence. I’ve not felt colder to an Arsenal manager than Enery ever. Not even Billy ****ing Wright and his posh spice wife. Not that I was old enough to really know him.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Wenger was very widely loved and I felt a great warmth to his sense of humour and intelligence. I’ve not felt colder to an Arsenal manager than Enery ever. Not even Billy ****ing Wright and his posh spice wife. Not that I was old enough to really know him.

When a new man has followed a manager that has been there for 22 years, at best, it's going to take a while to take to him. Bruce Rioch was a bit of a bellend but how much of that was because he followed George Graham?

AFC East
03-07-2019, 09:01 PM
When a new man has followed a manager that has been there for 22 years, at best, it's going to take a while to take to him. Bruce Rioch was a bit of a bellend but how much of that was because he followed George Graham?

I hope he lasts as long. Or that I’m glad he stayed.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-07-2019, 10:01 PM

Bruce Rioch added DB10 and Platt to our side.

Dick dropped Ozil and Rambo.

7sisters
03-08-2019, 08:15 AM
Bruce Rioch added DB10 and Platt to our side.

Dick dropped Ozil and Rambo.

Regardless of who he is and whether you approve or not. I’ve never escaped the feeling he won’t be here long.
It’s like most first relationships after a marriage break up. Destined to fail.

Rich
03-08-2019, 08:27 AM
:cry: ............

So United go in with an extra day of rest, having torn PSG apart in their own back yard. We turn up having just been completely outplayed by some farmers in France :-(

I miss Arsene so, so much :cry:

Rich
03-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Regardless of who he is and whether you approve or not. I’ve never escaped the feeling he won’t be here long.

When can we bring in Simeone or Erik den Hag in?

redgunamo
03-08-2019, 08:52 AM
A bit of a gloomy outlook? After all, the modern professional football manager wants a career and doesn't necessarily view a long tenure at one establishment as a prize for winning; it's only because of Wenger and the necessities of our new ground that we ourselves see longevity as a sign of success in and of itself.

Unai could win us the Champions League in three years time and then bugger off to Barcelona. That would be a triumph, wouldn't it? And I'm not sure what trophies are with regards to a marriage, but surely four years isn't considered a success nowadays, is it? Or maybe it is :rubchin:

redgunamo
03-08-2019, 08:55 AM
No worries. Our record against Manchester United isn't too clever, in any case. In fairness though, Wenger never led us to defeat against any farmers in France :-\

So United go in with an extra day of rest, having torn PSG apart in their own back yard. We turn up having just been completely outplayed by some farmers in France :-(

Pokster
03-08-2019, 09:00 AM

Do **** off Dick

WES
03-08-2019, 09:10 AM

Yeah, if only we had Arsene around to lead us to success in Europe - what with his outstanding record of 22 years at the club and precisely 0 European trophies.

Maybe thinking before you post would be an idea, Dick. Try it. Just once.

IUFG
03-08-2019, 09:11 AM
In fairness though, Wenger never led us to defeat against any farmers in France :-\

No, but he did lead us to a home defeat against a team that was formed in the same year he joined The Arsenal.

redgunamo
03-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Widely loved, but not universally so. Hence the acrimony and bitterness levelled at him (such a legendary figure ought to have been utterly immune from all that; the fact that he wasn't is telling).

Very well-liked and very well-disliked at the same time.

Pokster
03-08-2019, 09:22 AM
Yeah, if only we had Arsene around to lead us to success in Europe - what with his outstanding record of 22 years at the club and precisely 0 European trophies.

Maybe thinking before you post would be an idea, Dick. Try it. Just once.

The fact we haven't mentioned his "tearing PSG apart" comment... gifted 2 goals by PSg and 1 by VAR with 30% possession doesn't sound like they tore PSG apart.

Playing the Mancs now is probably the best thing that could happen to us, if we aren't up for the next 2 games then the whole team can jog on imho (not that I expect us to win them both)

WES
03-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Widely loved, but not universally so. Hence the acrimony and bitterness levelled at him (such a legendary figure ought to have been utterly immune from all that; the fact that he wasn't is telling).

Very well-liked and very well-disliked at the same time.

I think if you went back to 2001 you would find an awful lot of the people now telling us how loved he was were not so fond of him then.

I seem to recall an awful lot of Highbury at that time being of the opinion that he couldn't take us any farther, that we had too many foreign players etc etc.

Some people just like hating the club they support for some reason :shrug:

AFC East
03-08-2019, 10:06 AM
I think if you went back to 2001 you would find an awful lot of the people now telling us how loved he was were not so fond of him then.

I seem to recall an awful lot of Highbury at that time being of the opinion that he couldn't take us any farther, that we had too many foreign players etc etc.

Some people just like hating the club they support for some reason :shrug:

Also sadly true.