PDA

View Full Version : Two deeply disturbing things last night then

WES
03-07-2019, 10:14 AM
the PSG result and what it says about football as a sport.

And the Michael Jackson documentary and its descriptions of ***** activity.

:shudder:

redgunamo
03-07-2019, 11:29 AM
I'm reminded of a couple of years ago and my son going to the mat on Twitter with some tabloid football reporter or other who insisted that PSG would piss the Premier League every season.

What does their result say about football as a sport?

Ash
03-07-2019, 01:03 PM

Same as every result, I expect. Win some, lose some. Funny old game, Brian. Away goals can be crucial. Big decisions change matches.

WES
03-07-2019, 01:14 PM

Football - bloody hell. Funny ole game etc etc

Which I have always taken as meaning that in football how well you play doesn't really matter; it often has no correlation to the result, which is all that really matters.

That isn't true in other sports; mostly those where they score more often.

Luis Anaconda
03-07-2019, 01:42 PM
Football - bloody hell. Funny ole game etc etc

Which I have always taken as meaning that in football how well you play doesn't really matter; it often has no correlation to the result, which is all that really matters.

That isn't true in other sports; mostly those where they score more often.
Precisely - you don't get many shocks in, say, rugby because the better team will nearly always win. You don't get lucky tries in the same way you get lucky goals and it is much easier to defend. Stupid ****ing game really :)

Burney
03-07-2019, 02:03 PM

The United game I could not give a shít about - two super-rich clubs = fûck 'em both.

In the Jackson thing, I just found myself becoming incredibly angry with the awful fûcking mothers who were - let's face it - pimping their sons out to him in exchange for first class plane tickets and five-star hotels. Scum.

Monty92
03-07-2019, 02:13 PM
The United game I could not give a shít about - two super-rich clubs = fûck 'em both.

In the Jackson thing, I just found myself becoming incredibly angry with the awful fûcking mothers who were - let's face it - pimping their sons out to him in exchange for first class plane tickets and five-star hotels. Scum.

I reckon I'd let my kid get nonced off as a one-off in exchange for a life-changing amount of money.

I mean, the problem that abused kids have as they get older is rationalising what happened to them. That's what causes the trauma. But I'd have a ready made answer for them. Surely they'd understand if I bought them a nice car with the proceeds or something? :shrug:

Sir C
03-07-2019, 02:15 PM
I reckon I'd let my kid get nonced off as a one-off in exchange for a life-changing amount of money.

I mean, the problem that abused kids have as they get older is rationalising what happened to them. That's what causes the trauma. But I'd have a ready made answer for them. Surely they'd understand if I bought them a nice car with the proceeds or something? :shrug:

You’d **** it up though. You’d buy them a diesel Peugeot or some other piece of ****.

Monty92
03-07-2019, 02:20 PM
You’d **** it up though. You’d buy them a diesel Peugeot or some other piece of ****.

My son's bang into cars. I took him around the Hexagon classic car garage down the road from me recently and he very nearly creamed his pants (or whatever pre-pubescent boys do when they're excited).

Sir C
03-07-2019, 02:21 PM
My son's bang into cars. I took him around the Hexagon classic car garage down the road from me recently and he very nearly creamed his pants (or whatever pre-pubescent boys do when they're excited).

He’s got no hope. Jews know nothing from cars. They just don’t get what cars are about. Comes from hundreds of years wandering around in the desert, I suppose.

Burney
03-07-2019, 02:28 PM

Ah, there you are. How went the consultation?

Sir C
03-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Ah, there you are. How went the consultation?

Not until 5.30, sadly. I’ll let you know.

Burney
03-07-2019, 02:35 PM

Fúcling he'll. Drawing out the suspense, aren't they?

Burney
03-07-2019, 02:42 PM
He’s got no hope. Jews know nothing from cars. They just don’t get what cars are about. Comes from hundreds of years wandering around in the desert, I suppose.

Right. As any fule kno, the most important thing in any car is boot space. :nod:

Sir C
03-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Fúcling he'll. Drawing out the suspense, aren't they?

I suspect he won’t even have had the lab results yet. He hadn’t had them yesterday... he’s going to look up my bugle, tell me it looks fine and that I should come back next week for results.

Burney
03-07-2019, 02:52 PM
I suspect he won’t even have had the lab results yet. He hadn’t had them yesterday... he’s going to look up my bugle, tell me it looks fine and that I should come back next week for results.

Seriously? I'd tell him there's no point turning up unless he's got them.

Pokster
03-07-2019, 03:04 PM

He's basically a Spurs fan and just doesn't want you watching the game tonight

Luis Anaconda
03-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Hope all goes well

Sir C
03-07-2019, 03:09 PM
Hope all goes well

Thank you la.

SWv2
03-07-2019, 03:12 PM

That's not good.

Last consultation of the day is normally reserved for the very bad news. Ah well.

Monty92
03-07-2019, 03:15 PM
Thank you la.

Good luck.

Do you think they'll retire your table at the Wolesley if (when) you snuff it?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-07-2019, 03:15 PM

Well can you explain that one of the oldest and most illustrious football message forums on the Internet is holding its collective breath on the outcome so he needs to pull his farkin shít stained doctor's finger out?

Sir C
03-07-2019, 03:18 PM
Good luck.

Do you think they'll retire your table at the Wolesley if (when) you snuff it?

They should definitely retire my usual dinner. God knows hoe many veal Holsteins they’ve served me.

Sir C
03-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Well can you explain that one of the oldest and most illustrious football message forums on the Internet is holding its collective breath on the outcome so he needs to pull his farkin shít stained doctor's finger out?

He’s an E not surgeon, h. I doubt he puts his finger in bottoms.

Pokster
03-07-2019, 03:28 PM
He’s an E not surgeon, h. I doubt he puts his finger in bottoms.

If you ask him nicely he might

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Precisely - you don't get many shocks in, say, rugby because the better team will nearly always win. You don't get lucky tries in the same way you get lucky goals and it is much easier to defend. Stupid ****ing game really :)

I know even less about rugby that football, but I'm sure I've seen loads of close games decided by kicks through bouncing along the ground.

One spins out just before the line, another sits up perfectly for the winger.

No way did the kicker have any control over that.

WES
03-07-2019, 08:52 PM

Um, that’s a pretty good job of missing the point you’re doing there, Anaconda. I said nothing about shock wins or the better team winning. I said that that football, unlike many other sports, is one where you can outplay the other team on the day and still lose. In this case, over two games.

How many rugby matches have you seen where one team comprehensively outplays the other on the day but still loses? I’ve never seen one, and I expect it happens but much less frequently than in football. Again this will mostly be the case in low scoring sports.