PDA

View Full Version : B, or anyone. Do those Pubs in Paris show the footy? i.e. AFC-Rennes

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-06-2019, 12:27 PM
I was thinking I could go and watch the AFC game tomorrow, but I've never seen a bar with the sport on, other than the PMU bookies.

It might actually be interesting to see expats here watching a game against a French club.

So do youkow of any central boozers that will show the game?

{I'm on the right bank, in the 4e, just opposite Ile St Louis.}

Sir C
03-06-2019, 12:30 PM
I was thinking I could go and watch the AFC game tomorrow, but I've never seen a bar with the sport on, other than the PMU bookies.

It might actually be interesting to see expats here watching a game against a French club.

So do youkow of any central boozers that will show the game?

{I'm on the right bank, in the 4e, just opposite Ile St Louis.}

I watched the Holland Mexico game in the World Cup in a bar near there somewhere... i’ll check my journal to see if I have details.

Sir C
03-06-2019, 12:37 PM
I watched the Holland Mexico game in the World Cup in a bar near there somewhere... i’ll check my journal to see if I have details.

Cafe Klein Holland
Rue du Roi de Sicile

Generally has footie on, allegedly.

IUFG
03-06-2019, 01:11 PM
i’ll check my journal to see if I have details.

are you Michael Portillo?

Sir C
03-06-2019, 01:24 PM
are you Michael Portillo?

He dresses like some sort of poove.

IUFG
03-06-2019, 01:25 PM
He dresses like some sort of poove.

admit it, you own a pair of salmon pink chinos, don't you?

Burney
03-06-2019, 01:39 PM

'Journal'? Is that the one in which you record all of your bowel movements and your acts of self-pollution? :hehe:

Sir C
03-06-2019, 01:53 PM
'Journal'? Is that the one in which you record all of your bowel movements and your acts of self-pollution? :hehe:

Well, yes. Yes it is. Where do you record yours, then?

03-06-2019, 02:17 PM
Cafe Klein Holland
Rue du Roi de Sicile

Generally has footie on, allegedly.

You angel, C. That's about 2 mins from my local supermarket. I shall ask this eveing after the d'Orsay.

Burney
03-06-2019, 02:18 PM
Well, yes. Yes it is. Where do you record yours, then?

Will it be published one day, Kenneth Williams-style?

Sir C
03-06-2019, 02:19 PM
You angel, C. That's about 2 mins from my local supermarket. I shall ask this eveing after the d'Orsay.

It was very small but very charming. Good luck!

Sir C
03-06-2019, 02:21 PM
Will it be published one day, Kenneth Williams-style?

Yes, it will be just like Ken’s, lacking only the wit and the celebrity anecdotes. And the bitching.

03-06-2019, 06:10 PM
It was very small but very charming. Good luck!

Came back from the d'Orsay and home via your bar.

They have agreed to put the Arsenal-Rennes game on for me tomorrow, and though I feared any establishment you frequented would be out of my price range, I got a half to take the weight of my feet and it was just €2.50

Absoutely perfect. And only 5-10 mins from my front door. Thanks again, C.

Sir C
03-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Came back from the d'Orsay and home via your bar.

They have agreed to put the Arsenal-Rennes game on for me tomorrow, and though I feared any establishment you frequented would be out of my price range, I got a half to take the weight of my feet and it was just €2.50

Absoutely perfect. And only 5-10 mins from my front door. Thanks again, C.

I’m delighted that it turned out so well, g. Let’s hope the game is worth watching.

I’d definitely go back to that bar when I’m in Paris next. After dinner at your bistro.

Tony C
03-06-2019, 06:27 PM
Looool watching it in a ZeTurf shop :clap:

03-06-2019, 08:50 PM
I’m delighted that it turned out so well, g. Let’s hope the game is worth watching.

I’d definitely go back to that bar when I’m in Paris next. After dinner at your bistro.

Cheers. I doubt I could use awimb properly with my phone, but I shall pm you when I'm back. (Unless we've been hammered and I'm sulking - you know how it goes. In which case just come on here for my completely unhinged anti-Emery rant.)