PDA

View Full Version : Dem Oirish fellas isn’t ignorant bogdwellers any more.

Sir C
03-06-2019, 11:42 AM
No, Ireland is now a modern, thrusting European country.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonnyOneill/status/1103254133186924544

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2019, 11:52 AM
No, Ireland is now a modern, thrusting European country.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonnyOneill/status/1103254133186924544

Not sure Galway is representative of anything other than Galway

Sir C
03-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Not sure Galway is representative of anything other than Galway

Ha! There speaks a true Paddy. Sneer at the people outside your town. Sneer at your relatives. Sneer at everyone.

Was there ever a more God-forsaken evil vile hateful culture?

Burney
03-06-2019, 01:36 PM
Ha! There speaks a true Paddy. Sneer at the people outside your town. Sneer at your relatives. Sneer at everyone.

Well...Yes. Belgium.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/belgian-carnival-float-condemned-for-featuring-anti-semitic-puppets-of-jews/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

redgunamo
03-06-2019, 01:46 PM
And Germany ..

http://www.lvz.de/Nachrichten/Politik/Sexismus-Rassismus-Diskriminierung-Was-ist-im-Karneval-erlaubt

Well...Yes. Belgium.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/belgian-carnival-float-condemned-for-featuring-anti-semitic-puppets-of-jews/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

SWv2
03-06-2019, 01:51 PM

I won't rise to your racist abuse.

Sir C
03-06-2019, 01:54 PM
I won't rise to your racist abuse.

I must work harder on my bait.

I was rather pleased to see that the church still has some general acceptance. I had gained the impression that Ireland is now a country of enthusiastic atheists.

SWv2
03-06-2019, 02:10 PM
I must work harder on my bait.

I was rather pleased to see that the church still has some general acceptance. I had gained the impression that Ireland is now a country of enthusiastic atheists.

Not even that enthusiastic to be honest.

If you take my place of employment as a gauge we have approximately 15-20 chaps and not one person appears to have been ashed. I did see a few on Grafton Street as I went out to get my lunch.

Very much a generational thing I would suggest, my old man will have been first in the queue this morning for example but then if he is not up to going to the church daily then he will watch the mass on his iPad.

Funerals and mandatory attendance events in relation to my children for me.

Sir C
03-06-2019, 02:13 PM

If you take my place of employment as a gauge we have approximately 15-20 chaps and not one person appears to have been ashed. I did see a few on Grafton Street as I went out to get my lunch.

Very much a generational thing I would suggest, my old man will have been first in the queue this morning for example but then if he is not up to going to the church daily then he will watch the mass on his iPad.

Ah, shame. Do you still have the angelus bell on the radio?

Burney
03-06-2019, 02:14 PM
And Germany ..

http://www.lvz.de/Nachrichten/Politik/Sexismus-Rassismus-Diskriminierung-Was-ist-im-Karneval-erlaubt

I once stayed in an African-themed hotel near Köln, r. They had clearly got their ideas of black Africans from a Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan movie made in about 1934. To my namby-pamby, white, middle class, liberal, British sensibilities, it was eye-poppingly racist.
They had a Chinese-themed one, too. I'd love to have seen that. :hehe:

Burney
03-06-2019, 02:16 PM

I saw two as I walked to the station in Hertfordshire this morning. One of them was the actual priest, though. I suppose it's mandatory for those lads.

Sir C
03-06-2019, 02:17 PM
I once stayed in an African-themed hotel near Köln, r. They had clearly got their ideas of black Africans from a Johnny Weissmuller Tarzan movie made in about 1934. To my namby-pamby, white, middle class, liberal, British sensibilities, it was eye-poppingly racist.
They had a Chinese-themed one, too. I'd love to have seen that. :hehe:

I was remembering recently how, just 11 years ago, I went a friend’s 40th birthday party. A fancy dress job. He went as Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction. Afro wig, blacked up, the whole thing. At the time it struck em as amusingly non-pc, nothing more.

Now someone would call the police. We’ve come a long way in 11 years.

SWv2
03-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Ah, shame. Do you still have the angelus bell on the radio?

6PM, RTE 1, every day.

:nod:

A time of contemplation for all.

SWv2
03-06-2019, 02:29 PM
I saw two as I walked to the station in Hertfordshire this morning. One of them was the actual priest, though. I suppose it's mandatory for those lads.

Do you think he does himself in the mirror?

Burney
03-06-2019, 02:33 PM
I was remembering recently how, just 11 years ago, I went a friend’s 40th birthday party. A fancy dress job. He went as Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction. Afro wig, blacked up, the whole thing. At the time it struck em as amusingly non-pc, nothing more.

Now someone would call the police. We’ve come a long way in 11 years.

At a Christmas press event last year, I went into bat for a Dutch chap who was getting grief from my fellow hacks because he dared to defend the blacking up you lot do at Christmas. He rather poignantly asked 'But this is our culture! These are our traditions!' while these ghastly, self-righteous and obviously white lefties all fulminated about 'offence' and 'colonialism'.

SWv2
03-06-2019, 02:43 PM
At a Christmas press event last year, I went into bat for a Dutch chap who was getting grief from my fellow hacks because he dared to defend the blacking up you lot do at Christmas. He rather poignantly asked 'But this is our culture! These are our traditions!' while these ghastly, self-righteous and obviously white lefties all fulminated about 'offence' and 'colonialism'.

Was there not a similar outcry with Andres Iniesta in Spain at whose event people chose to dress up as the Three Kings, itself I believe a religious event of some significance in that culture.

Now obviously one of these 3 lads was black, so the person blacked up and people lost their shít.

Probably mainly white people though I say that with no evidence.