PDA

View Full Version : This needed a vote?

IUFG
03-05-2019, 01:59 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47443053

the BBC has needlessly identified 11 too many players imo.

SWv2
03-05-2019, 02:01 PM

I think this is based on a comment by Chris Sutton perhaps who claimed van Dijk to be the best Dutcher PL player ever.

Sutton is a príck but even by those standards it is quite a ridiculous statement.

IUFG
03-05-2019, 02:03 PM
I think this is based on a comment by Chris Sutton perhaps who claimed van Dijk to be the best Dutcher PL player ever.

Sutton is a príck but even by those standards it is quite a ridiculous statement.

A new level (or nadir) of retardedness there by the Chelsea flop, Sutton

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
03-05-2019, 02:07 PM

I know....and no Glenn Helder on the list..... quite shocking!

Viva Prat Vegas
03-05-2019, 02:10 PM
Have you ever heard Chris Sutton on 5 Live ?
He just keeps laughing
:shrug:

And he's a terribly transparent wum

SWv2
03-05-2019, 02:23 PM
Have you ever heard Chris Sutton on 5 Live ?
He just keeps laughing
:shrug:

And he's a terribly transparent wum

Reminds me of when our former Greek chum used to come on and rant and lose his shít over a comment by Adrian Durham or another to be simply told to stop listening to the bloody station.

And then the next day the same thing.

Burney
03-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Reminds me of when our former Greek chum used to come on and rant and lose his shít over a comment by Adrian Durham or another to be simply told to stop listening to the bloody station.

It was the equivalent of a dog barking at a postman every single fùcking day.

Tony C
03-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Sutton got caught out and then when questioned about it went all alpha male and double downed on his assertion that VVD is no1.

He knew he was wrong but didn’t want to admit it.

Quite pathetic really.

VVD hasn’t won anything let alone a league title. You’d also have think if Liverpool don’t win it this year then they may never will.

He doesn’t even get into the Top5 list lol

Bergkamp No1 and then in no particular order...Stam, RVN, Overmars and RVP.

No order on the rest because it would be so tough ranking that lot.

SWv2
03-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Sutton got caught out and then when questioned about it went all alpha male and double downed on his assertion that VVD is no1.

He knew he was wrong but didn’t want to admit it.

Quite pathetic really.

VVD hasn’t won anything let alone a league title. You’d also have think if Liverpool don’t win it this year then they may never will.

He doesn’t even get into the Top5 list lol

Bergkamp No1 and then in no particular order...Stam, RVN, Overmars and RVP.

No order on the rest because it would be so tough ranking that lot.

A lot would depend on the criteria of selection innit.

Are we judging said Dutch on his form while in the PL, or simply the greatest ever Dutcher to play in the PL. If the latter then while Dennis would no doubt still come out in number 1 spot I expect some could or would make a case for Ruud Gullit who has not even made your top 5.

Though you making a top 5 or top 10 list out of character is simply not the same.

Burney
03-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Are we judging said Dutch on his form while in the PL, or simply the greatest ever Dutcher to play in the PL. If the latter then while Dennis would no doubt still come out in number 1 spot I expect some could or would make a case for Ruud Gullit who has not even made your top 5.

Though you making a top 5 or top 10 list out of character is simply not the same.

I used to covet Jimmy Floyd Hasselabaink. Partly because he always scored against us, partly because he had enormous thighs and partly because of the way he used to just belt the fùck out of the ball with little or no backlift.

Sir C
03-05-2019, 03:05 PM

In the Netherlands, where you’d expect them to know about this, Bergkamp is considered by many to be second only to Cruyff n the pantheon pg great Dutch footballers, with Gullit behind them, Neeskens, Haan, van Hanegem and Rijkard.

Burney
03-05-2019, 03:07 PM
In the Netherlands, where you’d expect them to know about this, Bergkamp is considered by many to be second only to Cruyff n the pantheon pg great Dutch footballers, with Gullit behind them, Neeskens, Haan, van Hanegem and Rijkard.

What of poor Clarence?

SWv2
03-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Interesting.

I simply was unsure where he stood in said pantheon given he lead the Oranje to their only International win of significance while also was a giant of the club game.

Why don't *you* rate van Basten?

Sir C
03-05-2019, 03:09 PM
What of poor Clarence?

The, shall we say more brown players tend not to get quite the same recognition as their white counterparts. Why, I couldn’t say.

Sir C
03-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Interesting.

I simply was unsure where he stood in said pantheon given he lead the Oranje to their only International win of significance while also was a giant of the club game.

Why don't *you* rate van Basten?

Apologies, Marco exists within the blessed trio, of course. Cruyff, Bergkamp, van Basten.

That really is quite a trio, come to think of it. And I’ve seen them all on. A pitch at one time!

SWv2
03-05-2019, 03:12 PM
Apologies, Marco exists within the blessed trio, of course. Cruyff, Bergkamp, van Basten.

That really is quite a trio, come to think of it. And I’ve seen them all on. A pitch at one time!

Testimonials don't count. Any real football person knows that.

Burney
03-05-2019, 03:14 PM
The, shall we say more brown players tend not to get quite the same recognition as their white counterparts. Why, I couldn’t say.

Hmmm. And Clarence is really very brown.

Ash
03-05-2019, 03:19 PM

Sandwich shop by work has Talksport on. Usually the shouty scotcher from SSN when I'm in there, but I am always reminded of the dear old bubble. :driving:

Sir C
03-05-2019, 03:19 PM
Testimonials don't count. Any real football person knows that.

No, but still it was a thrill.

Burney
03-05-2019, 03:22 PM
Sandwich shop by work has Talksport on. Usually the shouty scotcher from SSN when I'm in there, but I am always reminded of the dear old bubble. :driving:

Most of its content was always spectacularly inane. I would only listen to it in the car once I'd got sick of music or when Radio 4 was talking about women and poofters (ie 70% of the time). I could only take so much of it. Basically, when podcasts and Audible took over, that was the end of that.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Sir C "No, but still it was a thrill."

Was that the Merson testimonial which finished 7-3 ?

Sir C
03-05-2019, 03:31 PM

No, first game at the Emirates, for Dennis.

Viva Prat Vegas
03-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Only 10 years out

SWv2
03-05-2019, 04:48 PM

Have to ask why Cruyff and van Basten would tog out for Merse?

Viva Prat Vegas
03-05-2019, 04:59 PM
I remember Ruud Gullet turning up for it and mixed him up with all star-spangled Dutch footballers

AFC East
03-07-2019, 07:49 PM

At least we won this