PDA

View Full Version : So Laca missed two sitters, Boomerang missed a pen, their goal was offside

WES
03-04-2019, 08:29 AM
and the pen should have been retaken (although it was never a pen in the first place).

And we still largely controlled the game and managed a 1-1 draw away from home against Spurs.

Well done the Arsenal and well done Unai Emery. :clap:

Pokster
03-04-2019, 10:29 AM
and the pen should have been retaken (although it was never a pen in the first place).

And we still largely controlled the game and managed a 1-1 draw away from home against Spurs.

There pen ALLEGEDLY was correct according to the FA.... you missed out Rose not being booked for diving and not being sent off for a studs up challenge on the keeper, and Sanchez not being sent off for kicking Kos while on the floor.

And we are about 10 points better off then last season

Burney
03-04-2019, 10:34 AM
There pen ALLEGEDLY was correct according to the FA.... you missed out Rose not being booked for diving and not being sent off for a studs up challenge on the keeper, and Sanchez not being sent off for kicking Kos while on the floor.

And we are about 10 points better off then last season

I'm sure this will be a great consolation when we have to turn out in an unmissable tie against Dynamo Buttfùcksi in the Losers' league next year. :-|

IUFG
03-04-2019, 10:36 AM
I'm sure this will be a great consolation when we have to turn out in an unmissable tie against Dynamo Buttfùcksi in the Losers' league next year. :-|

we're going to finish third, b. :cloud9:

Burney
03-04-2019, 10:42 AM
we're going to finish third, b. :cloud9:

We're not, but if I'm being honest, I don't really care. I hate all European games anyway.

My major concern for the rest of this season is praying that City beat Liverpool to the title. Nothing else really matters.

Tony C
03-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Don’t forget Danny ‘Jet Li’ Rose’s Kung flying fu kick into Leno’s chest.

But it’s totally okay because you have to go for it in that situation :clap:

Surely there’s a difference between going for it and actually hurting a player. If that happened outside of football he would be in jail.

Luis Anaconda
03-04-2019, 12:17 PM

No mention of Ramsey's excellent goal, I note

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-04-2019, 12:38 PM

Almost like we play better with Ozil or Rambo in the side. But what would I know?

Luis Anaconda
03-04-2019, 12:47 PM
Almost like we play better with Ozil or Rambo in the side. But what would I know?
Have I ever said that they weren't good players, gg? I merely object to people jumping up and down, screeching like 5-year-old saying they hate the manager because there favourite players aren't being picked :shrug:

Rich
03-04-2019, 12:55 PM
Have I ever said that they weren't good players, gg? I merely object to people jumping up and down, screeching like 5-year-old saying they hate the manager because there favourite players aren't being picked :shrug:

I accept that on certain occasions, against certain opposition, we may be better with a leetle bit less the flair. But it doesn't exactly make for an enjoyable spectacle.

WES
03-04-2019, 12:59 PM

You mean the one where a combination of appalling defending and quick thinking from Laca resulted in him having a 1v1 with the keeper which he converted?

I didn't actually realise that he could convert a 1v1 with the keeper. Had I known he was that good I would have signed him up at 500k a week. :nod:

03-04-2019, 01:02 PM

I wasn't talking about you. Let's just say that Aaron divides some on here like Brexit does. And in both cases, I'm firmly in the remain camp.

And you know what I think about Ozil's flicks and eye of the needle passes.

I was just saying all along that we dropped the back 3 and went to a flat back 4, we could then play a No.10 to link MF, the wide players and the strikers and we might be a bit more creative like we were under AW. Not everyone agreed. Only the out and out Tories, sacrily. I hope this doesn't mean I'm becoming rightwing with age. I've just cancelled my Labour sub over anti-Semitism.

Luis Anaconda
03-04-2019, 01:12 PM
I wasn't talking about you. Let's just say that Aaron divides some on here like Brexit does. And in both cases, I'm firmly in the remain camp.

I was just saying all along that we dropped the back 3 and went to a flat back 4, we could then play a No.10 to link MF, the wide players and the strikers and we might be a bit more creative like we were under AW. Not everyone agreed. Only the out and out Tories, sacrily. I hope this doesn't mean I'm becoming rightwing with age. I've just cancelled my Labour sub over anti-Semitism.
:thumbup: Arguably the "No 10" performance came from Mkhitaryan on Saturday - linked up a lot and made the chance at the end for PEA. Also covered for Mustafi. Not getting the praise he deserves I think

IUFG
03-04-2019, 01:14 PM
:thumbup: Arguably the "No 10" performance came from Mkhitaryan on Saturday - linked up a lot and made the chance at the end for PEA. Also covered for Mustafi. Not getting the praise he deserves I think

I thought he played well.

Graeme Le Saux (I think) mentioned Mkhi for being one of the best players on the pitch.

Then he said that 7 or 8 Arsenal players had really controlled them well. . . PENALTY!

Ash
03-04-2019, 01:18 PM

Good lord! Are you ok?

WES
03-04-2019, 01:19 PM
I thought he played well.

Graeme Le Saux (I think) mentioned Mkhi for being one of the best players on the pitch.

Then he said that 7 or 8 Arsenal players had really controlled them well. . . PENALTY!

Mikki was superb again. Wonderful player who always tries to do the right thing. Does have a tendency at times to be sloppy with it but his decision making is routinely superb and when he's on form, as he has been recently, he is a joy to watch.

And very much a counter point to Aaron Ramsey imo.

WES
03-04-2019, 01:23 PM

You should have been reading the BBC commentary of the match. Some genius posted something about Ozil coming on and Arsenal immediately conceding due to lackadaisical defending of a set piece, as though those two would be closely correlated. So the goal was clearly Ozil's fault apparently.

:hehe:

Luis Anaconda
03-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Good lord! Are you ok?

It's been a long week - thank god we get a half day tomorrow

And I put a lot of effort into getting Henrik's name right :rolleyes:

Luis Anaconda
03-04-2019, 01:27 PM
You should have been reading the BBC commentary of the match. Some genius posted something about Ozil coming on and Arsenal immediately conceding due to lackadaisical defending of a set piece, as though those two would be closely correlated. So the goal was clearly Ozil's fault apparently.

:hehe:
I did read that - I assumed it was a joke

03-04-2019, 02:36 PM
You mean the one where a combination of appalling defending and quick thinking from Laca resulted in him having a 1v1 with the keeper which he converted?

I didn't actually realise that he could convert a 1v1 with the keeper. Had I known he was that good I would have signed him up at 500k a week. :nod:

Yeah, cos the likes of Olly G put those chances away all the time, didn't they?

Burney
03-04-2019, 02:37 PM
Yeah, cos the likes of Olly G put those chances away all the time, didn't they?

Whoa, now! Why are we dissing Olivier? Olivier was lovely. :love:

03-04-2019, 02:41 PM

Oh, I agree. But I just think having a no.10 allows that to happen. HM7 and Iwobi are both basically no.10s being played wide. Look, we didn't know we'd lose Holding, and I never agreed with letting Chamber go on loan.

But we wasted two months this season playing boring footie with 3 at the back just to try and make up for Mustafi being shît.

I said ages ago that it doesn't matter where or with how many Mustafi plays, he's gonna fück up, so better to play with a no.10 who might make some goals to cancel out the Mustafies.

But nice to seeing HM starting to look like the player I was hoping for.

Gutted to lose Rambo. Big game player. Don't be surprised if he scores the winner in the CL final. Just gutted that between them, Laca, Auba, and Mustafi stopped him giving us an away win in his final NLD.

03-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Whoa, now! Why are we dissing Olivier? Olivier was lovely. :love:

I loved Olly. Always will do. Just agreeing with LA vs WES that it was a well taken goal. It a striker of Olly's quality could mess those up, it proves that Rambo's chance wasn't simple.

SWv2
03-04-2019, 03:01 PM

Simply magnificent performance from the Armenian.