PDA

View Full Version : I thought our performance both utilitarian and artless. All I saw

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-28-2019, 08:36 AM
was a vulgar obsession to score goals and win. I saw no desire to enhance the beauty of the game.

As I left the ground a group of disgusting working class types were singing "We got our Arsenal back" and I openly wept. :cry:

7sisters
02-28-2019, 08:55 AM
was a vulgar obsession to score goals and win. I saw no desire to enhance the beauty of the game.

As I left the ground a group of disgusting working class types were singing "We got our Arsenal back" and I openly wept. :cry:

Very good H. Very Good.

Ash
02-28-2019, 12:51 PM

Yes, top #bantz, Herbs. Now, speaking of beautification, what name will be given to Mesut's kicking-it-into-the-ground-and-over-the-goalie technique? I think somone at the DT called it the 'Ozil Chop'.

barrybueno
02-28-2019, 01:01 PM
Yes, top #bantz, Herbs. Now, speaking of beautification, what name will be given to Mesut's kicking-it-into-the-ground-and-over-the-goalie technique? I think somone at the DT called it the 'Ozil Chop'.

I remember seeing him do that for Madrid but it was just a pass then so it can't be blocked by the defenders foot.

Outrageous to do that last night considering all what's gone on imo But he did it and it worked so :clap:

Ash
02-28-2019, 02:08 PM
I remember seeing him do that for Madrid but it was just a pass then so it can't be blocked by the defenders foot.

Outrageous to do that last night considering all what's gone on imo But he did it and it worked so :clap:

Funny thing was that I and the people around me 'saw' the goalie tip it over the bar. Then it was in the net. He did something sneaky with the space-time continuum imo. Like Dennis used to do.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-28-2019, 03:30 PM

. . . . . .

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Funny thing was that I and the people around me 'saw' the goalie tip it over the bar. Then it was in the net. He did something sneaky with the space-time continuum imo. Like Dennis used to do.

See? That's what top no.10s do. Which is why you should play them if you've got them. I once saw HHDL stop the monsoon just by staring at the sky for a bit. Reckon he could play behind Auba and Laca?