PDA

View Full Version : I have just received an email from someone whose job title is 'Outreach Warrior'.

Burney
02-25-2019, 11:31 AM
I am seriously considering responding to them encouraging them to commit suicide in order to preserve themselves from any further indignity.

The 21st Century really is proving the most appalling disappointment. :-(

AFC East
02-25-2019, 11:33 AM
I am seriously considering responding to them encouraging them to commit suicide in order to preserve themselves from any further indignity.

Mainly in the sense that we've all become exactly the same kind of whinging old ****ers as our parents. Just with wider reach.

Sir C
02-25-2019, 11:35 AM

I was having a blood test this morning and it struck me how medieval medicine still is. Needles and knives, hammers and drills, great bags full of blood andtubes being thrust up the winkle. Consider how in Star Trek, Bones had a scanner that went 'wooowoowoo' and told him what the problem was, which problem was then fixed by waving another woowooing device over it. That's what we were led to expect from the 21st century, not useless antibiotics and recycled cardboard vomit bowls.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Good luck Charlie

Sir C
02-25-2019, 11:42 AM
Good luck Charlie

ty s. I'm quite looking forward to a couple of weeks of bed rest to be honest.

Burney
02-25-2019, 11:44 AM
I was having a blood test this morning and it struck me how medieval medicine still is. Needles and knives, hammers and drills, great bags full of blood andtubes being thrust up the winkle. Consider how in Star Trek, Bones had a scanner that went 'wooowoowoo' and told him what the problem was, which problem was then fixed by waving another woowooing device over it. That's what we were led to expect from the 21st century, not useless antibiotics and recycled cardboard vomit bowls.

Yes. The trouble is we're still a big bag of blood and goo and wobbly bits at the end of the day. Dealing with that is always going to seem a bit medieval.

What is the situation, then? Was this a cancer test?

Sir C
02-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Yes. The trouble is we're still a big bag of blood and goo and wobbly bits at the end of the day. Dealing with that is always going to seem a bit medieval.

What is the situation, then? Was this a cancer test?

No, just a pre-op check. Tomorrow they bore new holes up my hooter and I guess they'll peer at the lumps they remove through a microscope and decide whether v will be getting a rebate on the council tax.

Burney
02-25-2019, 11:50 AM
No, just a pre-op check. Tomorrow they bore new holes up my hooter and I guess they'll peer at the lumps they remove through a microscope and decide whether v will be getting a rebate on the council tax.

Hmmm. And how are you feeling about all this?

Viva Prat Vegas
02-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Sir C "...and decide whether v will be getting a rebate on the council tax."

Every cloud an' a' that

Sir C
02-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Hmmm. And how are you feeling about all this?

I'm hoping that 1/ I'm not facing a few days of dreadful pain and 2/ my growths prove to be benign. I'm not really feeling very much at present. A trifle trepidatious, I suppose? As the wise man once said, que sera, sera.

Sir C
02-25-2019, 01:38 PM
Sir C "...and decide whether v will be getting a rebate on the council tax."

Every cloud an' a' that

I hope she remarries, of course. Someone kind, rich and good-looking, naturally. With functioning genitals.

The poor kid deserves to catch a break.

Pat Vegas
02-25-2019, 01:39 PM

:-( I never seen one of those but I've seen a few 'Ninja' job titles :-( :-(

Tony C
02-25-2019, 01:48 PM
Lol Professional Ninja on your CV

Btw anyone rembemer that website some kid had about him and his mates pretending to be Ninjas?

This is going waaaay back...like gregmitchell days

Burney
02-25-2019, 02:08 PM
:-( I never seen one of those but I've seen a few 'Ninja' job titles :-( :-(

I've also come across 'Fungineer' :-(

Burney
02-25-2019, 02:10 PM
I'm hoping that 1/ I'm not facing a few days of dreadful pain and 2/ my growths prove to be benign. I'm not really feeling very much at present. A trifle trepidatious, I suppose? As the wise man once said, que sera, sera.

There'll probably be a bit of pain, but I'm sure they'll give you some top quality painkillers for that, so that's all good.

On the second, as you say, it's in the lap of the gods, so in one sense no point fretting. However, their lack of urgency would suggest to me that they're not that worried. :shrug:

Anyway, all the very best with it.

Sir C
02-25-2019, 02:16 PM
There'll probably be a bit of pain, but I'm sure they'll give you some top quality painkillers for that, so that's all good.

On the second, as you say, it's in the lap of the gods, so in one sense no point fretting. However, their lack of urgency would suggest to me that they're not that worried. :shrug:

Anyway, all the very best with it.

ty b. My sister-in-law who is a nurse has recommended Tramadol as a good one they would be inclined to prescribe as long as I consistently claim to be experiencing 10 on the pain scale. She suggests Fentanyl if I fancy aiming high, but is less sure I'll get it.

It's important to choose one's drugs carefully, don't you think?

Burney
02-25-2019, 02:19 PM
ty b. My sister-in-law who is a nurse has recommended Tramadol as a good one they would be inclined to prescribe as long as I consistently claim to be experiencing 10 on the pain scale. She suggests Fentanyl if I fancy aiming high, but is less sure I'll get it.

It's important to choose one's drugs carefully, don't you think?

Absolutely. If all else fails, could you not call your chum in Primrose Hill?

Sir C
02-25-2019, 02:21 PM
Absolutely. If all else fails, could you not call your chum in Primrose Hill?

That would kind of require a functioning bugle, b.

Burney
02-25-2019, 02:23 PM
That would kind of require a functioning bugle, b.

Stevie Nicks would disagree.

Sir C
02-25-2019, 02:29 PM
Stevie Nicks would disagree.

Wasn't that Joanna Lumley? I'm not having bugle blown up my fundament, anyway. It's undignified.

Pat Vegas
02-25-2019, 02:44 PM
I've also come across 'Fungineer' :-(

Do they actually do this **** in america?
I don't think they do I think parts of this country have morphed into a incredibly worserer version of yanks

SWv2
02-25-2019, 02:44 PM

I shall stop off at the small church off Grafton Street tomorrow, light a candle and say a prayer for you.

Sir C
02-25-2019, 02:53 PM
I shall stop off at the small church off Grafton Street tomorrow, light a candle and say a prayer for you.

That's awfully kind of you sw. I'm a little choked up now.

Burney
02-25-2019, 02:54 PM
Do they actually do this **** in america?
I don't think they do I think parts of this country have morphed into a incredibly worserer version of yanks

I think it's global. It's a sort of infantilism. I blame Star Wars.

Burney
02-25-2019, 03:01 PM

St Teresa's?

SWv2
02-25-2019, 03:02 PM
That's awfully kind of you sw. I'm a little choked up now.

Being choked up could be the least of your worries tomorrow pal.

Burney
02-25-2019, 03:04 PM

He's going to have his sinuses full of bloody gauze, so being choked up could be a very real worry. :-(

SWv2
02-25-2019, 03:04 PM
St Teresa's?

That's the one. I had to go in there before Xmas to buy a mass card.

I was asked which type I wanted and I said one for a dead person. That was not really the point of the question.

:-\

Sir C
02-25-2019, 03:05 PM

I hope they don't push a tube up my winkie. That's what I hope.

Burney
02-25-2019, 03:06 PM
That's the one. I had to go in there before Xmas to buy a mass card.

I was asked which type I wanted and I said one for a dead person. That was not really the point of the question.

:-\

I'm pretty sure I went there for either a requiem mass or for the marriage of some cousin or other. The former, I think.

Burney
02-25-2019, 03:07 PM
I hope they don't push a tube up my winkie. That's what I hope.

Mate, they're operating on your nose. Why would they catheterise you?

Sir C
02-25-2019, 03:09 PM
Mate, they're operating on your nose. Why would they catheterise you?

In case I píss myself? I don't know. Why do they catheterise anyone?

Burney
02-25-2019, 03:11 PM
In case I píss myself? I don't know. Why do they catheterise anyone?

I've been operated on twice in my life. On neither occasion did they catheterise me (although a very camp nurse did shave off half my pubes once).

SWv2
02-25-2019, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I went there for either a requiem mass or for the marriage of some cousin or other. The former, I think.

They also have a canteen / restaurant thing which I happened upon when looking for the office.

Scones, soup, quiches - that sort of thing. I was thinking I may lunch there one day but then I thought what sort of person would lunch in a a church environment.

Burney
02-25-2019, 03:22 PM
They also have a canteen / restaurant thing which I happened upon when looking for the office.

Scones, soup, quiches - that sort of thing. I was thinking I may lunch there one day but then I thought what sort of person would lunch in a a church environment.

Very wise, sw. After all, someone might come up to you and start talking about religion. :-( And where would you get a drink?

There's a cafe near me that keeps advertising lunch dishes that sound really nice. However, it has no licence, so there is zero chance of me ever eating there. It's harsh, but a man has to have principles. :shrug: