PDA

View Full Version : I'll tell you something for nothing. That fly past over Sheffield today

Pokster
02-22-2019, 02:49 PM
now that is emotional stuff. :nod:

PSRB
02-22-2019, 02:55 PM

:nod: wd Dan Walker

Sir C
02-22-2019, 02:57 PM

Wossit got in it?

Pokster
02-22-2019, 03:04 PM
Wossit got in it?

Sorry, speak English you mad Dutcher

Sir C
02-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Sorry, speak English you mad Dutcher

Wot planes are flying over like?

Pokster
02-22-2019, 03:07 PM
Wot planes are flying over like?

I don't know! What do you think I ma, some anorak wearing plane spotter....it was more the reason for the fly past

Sir C
02-22-2019, 03:13 PM
I don't know! What do you think I ma, some anorak wearing plane spotter....it was more the reason for the fly past

What reason?

Pokster
02-22-2019, 03:15 PM
What reason?

75 yrs ago a badly damaged American bomber was returing from Denmark, needed an emergency landing but the pilot wouldn't land on the 1 area of grass as there were kids on there (having a fight!), so he circled but eventually hit trees and 10 airmen died..... one of the kids has tended to a memorial for years, a BBC presenter bumped into him and organised the fly past ....

Ash
02-22-2019, 03:24 PM
75 yrs ago a badly damaged American bomber was returing from Denmark, needed an emergency landing but the pilot wouldn't land on the 1 area of grass as there were kids on there (having a fight!), so he circled but eventually hit trees and 10 airmen died..... one of the kids has tended to a memorial for years, a BBC presenter bumped into him and organised the fly past ....

Oh dear, what a mug. Kills 10 colleagues rather than making some scrotes jump out of the way. :-(

PSRB
02-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Oh dear, what a mug. Kills 10 colleagues rather than making some scrotes jump out of the way. :-(

Must admit, that was rather my thought on the matter.

Sir C
02-22-2019, 03:32 PM

Hmm. I confess I treat these stories with some skepticism. If you're near enough top the ground in a struggling heabvy bomber to notice some children, you're unlikely to be in a position to try to keep the aircraft int he air. And the chances of the captain of an aircraft endangering his crew, in the highly unlikely event that he had the time, the capacity or the ability to make such a decision, are utterly minimal.

I'm afraid we're going to have to file this one under, "Probaby wasn't really like that, and, if it was, if the captain had lived he would quite rightly have been court-martialled anyway."

There. I've pissed in your chips, sorry. :-(

SWv2
02-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Hmm. I confess I treat these stories with some skepticism. If you're near enough top the ground in a struggling heabvy bomber to notice some children, you're unlikely to be in a position to try to keep the aircraft int he air. And the chances of the captain of an aircraft endangering his crew, in the highly unlikely event that he had the time, the capacity or the ability to make such a decision, are utterly minimal.

I'm afraid we're going to have to file this one under, "Probaby wasn't really like that, and, if it was, if the captain had lived he would quite rightly have been court-martialled anyway."

There. I've pissed in your chips, sorry. :-(

Funny story all the same.

Dumb Yankee fúcker.