PDA

View Full Version : I am a little proud to say that until yesterday I had no idea

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-21-2019, 09:27 AM
whatsoever who Karl Lagerfeld was.

He has the look of the concentration camp about him and I don't mean as an inmate. Oh and, of course, a great deal of the cock has been planted up his bowels.

IUFG
02-21-2019, 11:12 AM

He has the look of the concentration camp about him and I don't mean as an inmate. Oh and, of course, a great deal of the cock has been planted up his bowels.

concentration camp?

good work, h :thumbup:

redgunamo
02-21-2019, 12:11 PM
I was proud to say I'd never heard of Jessie Smollet until the other day. And now he's in prison.

It just goes to show you, doesn't it :-(

Chief Arrowhead
02-21-2019, 01:18 PM

Those are my fave media obits. A guy you never heard of assumes room temperature and all of media is rife with glowing tributes. Jeepers, it's almost as if they have many obits pre-written. Just hit a button and out they go. But of course we know that the truth is that the millenials who work in media for starving wages these days are wordly, astute and intelligent so they are quite aware of all of these recently deceased. Right?

Hmmm, what would your prewritten obit say, Herbs?

Chief Arrowhead
02-21-2019, 01:18 PM
I was proud to say I'd never heard of Jessie Smollet until the other day. And now he's in prison.

It just goes to show you, doesn't it :-(

It's Jussie! Crawl out from that rock!

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-21-2019, 01:19 PM
concentration camp?

good work, h :thumbup:

little play on words I've contrived! I wonder if anyone will spot it". I might have known you'd be the only one :-)

7sisters
02-21-2019, 01:22 PM
It's Jussie! Crawl out from that rock!

Surely there must have been some preacher from the northern states conducting the christening, chief ? Jessie , presumably pronounced Jussie in the deep South ?

Sir C
02-21-2019, 01:43 PM
little play on words I've contrived! I wonder if anyone will spot it". I might have known you'd be the only one :-)

Oh, Konzentrations Lage! I geddit.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Oh, Konzentrations Lage! I geddit.

And I also knew c, that only you would fluent and dare I say nuanced enough in german to spot that little bon mot

Luis Anaconda
02-21-2019, 01:56 PM
Those are my fave media obits. A guy you never heard of assumes room temperature and all of media is rife with glowing tributes. Jeepers, it's almost as if they have many obits pre-written. Just hit a button and out they go. But of course we know that the truth is that the millenials who work in media for starving wages these days are wordly, astute and intelligent so they are quite aware of all of these recently deceased. Right?

Obits are no joke, Chief. I used to work next to the obits department in the Times - very hard workers. Most notable for the two hot Goth chicks who worked there

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-21-2019, 01:56 PM

He was hard and handsome and probably shagged your wife.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-21-2019, 01:58 PM

Did you see Berni went to School Book Repository Chief and had pretty much the same reaction as you - was that about 10 years ago now?

Sir C
02-21-2019, 01:59 PM
And I also knew c, that only you would fluent and dare I say nuanced enough in german to spot that little bon mot

Took me a while to get there h, if I'm honest.

Slowing down. Age, see?