PDA

View Full Version : My question: how could we have gotten it so wrong with Gnabry?

eastgermanautos
02-19-2019, 08:02 PM
He's in the starting lineup for Bayern vs Liverpudlians.

IUFG
02-19-2019, 09:20 PM

'gotten' :redcard:

7sisters
02-19-2019, 10:07 PM

City are probably in a similar situation with Sancho and potentially, Foden. Chelsea with Lukaku and many others.
There's always a down side in having too many young prospects on the books at the same time. :shrug:

Just Trent
02-19-2019, 10:11 PM

Arsene was too busy giving Walcott just that one last chance (and 50th new contract).

bbrian
02-19-2019, 11:02 PM

Did he not have a serious injury just in time for contract renewal ?...or something along those lines

Tony C
02-20-2019, 04:46 AM
We didn’t get anything wrong.

Picked up injuries and had weight issues yet felt entitled enough to demand he play 1st team football regularly.

He went on loan to West Brom but they sent him back because they couldn’t put up with his childishness.

Talented player....I felt at the time he had the potential to be far better than both Theo and Ox but he had his issues.

Look...after a while people grow up...question is how long do you wait...sometimes you admit it isn’t working, shake hands and part ways.

Just like Mustafi and Xhaka in the summer.

They might both return to Germany and be superstars but that doesn’t me we got things wrong with them.

Also wasn’t it just last week people were moaning about how pow poor the Bundesliga is after Tottenham had their way with Dortmund?

redgunamo
02-20-2019, 08:40 AM
Seen. Good post. We can't have everything.

We didn’t get anything wrong.

Picked up injuries and had weight issues yet felt entitled enough to demand he play 1st team football regularly.

He went on loan to West Brom but they sent him back because they couldn’t put up with his childishness.

Talented player....I felt at the time he had the potential to be far better than both Theo and Ox but he had his issues.

Look...after a while people grow up...question is how long do you wait...sometimes you admit it isn’t working, shake hands and part ways.

Just like Mustafi and Xhaka in the summer.

They might both return to Germany and be superstars but that doesn’t me we got things wrong with them.

Also wasn’t it just last week people were moaning about how pow poor the Bundesliga is after Tottenham had their way with Dortmund?

eastgermanautos
02-20-2019, 08:46 AM
Mustafi yes, Xhaka no. For all his clod-hopping he's a physical player who would be good in an alley-way scuffle. You need that, especially when you have undersized defenders like Mustafi.

With that being said, goddamn. Walcott. :Shakes head:

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2019, 08:47 AM

He doesn't get in the Bayern side when a 35-year-old arthritic Robben is "fit". He had a good five minutes last night but was wasteful for most of the time he was on the pitch. If Iwobi put in a performance like that (and he does tbf) he would be panned

eastgermanautos
02-20-2019, 08:49 AM
Come back to me when you've googled past perfect tense.

PSRB
02-20-2019, 09:26 AM
He doesn't get in the Bayern side when a 35-year-old arthritic Robben is "fit". He had a good five minutes last night but was wasteful for most of the time he was on the pitch. If Iwobi put in a performance like that (and he does tbf) he would be panned

This.

I also remember Gnabry having less than a handful of decent games for us.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2019, 09:35 AM
This.

I also remember Gnabry having less than a handful of decent games for us.

Undoubtedly talented though - but wouldn't be at Bayern if he wasn't German imo. They are crying out for young German talent, really. Müller's star is on the wane, nothing really coming through the youth system since Kimmich (and let's face it, full backs aren't sexy) and the next big hope is a Canadian ffs. Goretzka and Gnabry are there best chance

PSRB
02-20-2019, 09:44 AM
Undoubtedly talented though - but wouldn't be at Bayern if he wasn't German imo. They are crying out for young German talent, really. Müller's star is on the wane, nothing really coming through the youth system since Kimmich (and let's face it, full backs aren't sexy) and the next big hope is a Canadian ffs. Goretzka and Gnabry are there best chance

Kimmich always strikes me as massively over-rated

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2019, 09:51 AM
Kimmich always strikes me as massively over-rated

Got too big for his boots as seen against Mexico in the World Cup where playing right back wasn't good enough for him so he decided to completely abandon defending

Sir C
02-20-2019, 10:08 AM
Got too big for his boots as seen against Mexico in the World Cup where playing right back wasn't good enough for him so he decided to completely abandon defending

I'll tell you what, Clive, Bayern may not be a Great Team any more, but they were fúcking impressive last night. Thon Thiago is a simply magnificent footballer.

PSRB
02-20-2019, 10:12 AM
I'll tell you what, Clive, Bayern may not be a Great Team any more, but they were fúcking impressive last night. Thon Thiago is a simply magnificent footballer.

I thought the Martinez was sensational. Utterly ran himself into the ground as well. Proper midfield performance

Burney
02-20-2019, 10:17 AM

Didn't watch it.

I glanced briefly at what used to be called terrestrial television last night. The best options were 'Sinkholes', followed by '100 Vaginas' and then a half hour chance for the BBC and ITN to advocate on behalf of a jihadi before a cheery documentary about a chap who got routinely beaten up and scalded with boiling water by his girlfriend before bed. :-\

I stuck to The Looming Tower on Amazon Prime.

Sir C
02-20-2019, 10:17 AM
I thought the Martinez was sensational. Utterly ran himself into the ground as well. Proper midfield performance

Yes, they still have quality and a great deal of nous.

Spurs will beat them in the final :-(

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2019, 10:48 AM

Indeed - I love Thiago. Strangely unpopular with a lot of Bayern fans though :shrug:

SWv2
02-20-2019, 01:15 PM

Did not watch any of the second half and when he did get the ball first half, save for one quick cross into the box, I found myself thinking "for fúcks sake Gnabry".

Pretty much as you have stated above.