PDA

View Full Version : John Motson apologises for calling Millwall’s Tom Elliott ‘big, black and brave’

Sir C
02-19-2019, 11:16 AM
Which of the these three things is Tom Elliott not, then?

Pokster
02-19-2019, 11:31 AM

You know as well as I do (and everyone else on here) what the issue is, he wouldn't say Big, brave and white would he...... wouldn't have caslled Neveille Southall, big and brave and white and a scruffy **** would he

Sir C
02-19-2019, 11:36 AM
You know as well as I do (and everyone else on here) what the issue is, he wouldn't say Big, brave and white would he...... wouldn't have caslled Neveille Southall, big and brave and white and a scruffy **** would he

So you're saying he's not black? I must say, I don't know the gentleman personally, but from the pictures I have seen of him he looks black. :shrug: And they say the camera doesn't lie.

PSRB
02-19-2019, 11:41 AM
So you're saying he's not black? I must say, I don't know the gentleman personally, but from the pictures I have seen of him he looks black. :shrug: And they say the camera doesn't lie.

Works better for alliteration purposes, as well

Pokster
02-19-2019, 11:42 AM

:rolleyes: No I'm obviously not saying that you geriatric old goat (again, all factually correct)

Sir C
02-19-2019, 11:45 AM
:rolleyes: No I'm obviously not saying that you geriatric old goat (again, all factually correct

Geriatric I may be, old most certainly, but I'm not actually a goat.

Pokster
02-19-2019, 11:49 AM

So you have been a liar all these years....pff, I'm shocked that we trusted you all this time

Ash
02-19-2019, 11:51 AM

Oh, I'm sure many regard you as one of the Greatest Of All Time.

Rich does, I think. He wants to be you.

Sir C
02-19-2019, 11:55 AM
So you have been a liar all these years....pff, I'm shocked that we trusted you all this time

That was my bird what said it, not me.

Sir C
02-19-2019, 11:56 AM
Oh, I'm sure many regard you as one of the Greatest Of All Time.

Rich does, I think. He wants to be you.

I'm supposed to be in hospital being operated on today but it was postponed because the surgeon fell ill.

Talk about physician heal thyself. Ha!

Burney
02-19-2019, 11:57 AM

Is John Motson not dead, then?

I suppose if we look at it t'other way about it makes more sense. If you were to say something negative about someone, to add their skin colour would make it worse, since it's irrelevant, but suggests their skin colour is an important issue to you. Thus 'You cheating ****' is rude, but preferable to 'You cheating black ****'. The same goes for compliments.

Burney
02-19-2019, 11:58 AM
I'm supposed to be in hospital being operated on today but it was postponed because the surgeon fell ill.

Talk about physician heal thyself. Ha!

I was going to ask about that.

Sir C
02-19-2019, 12:00 PM
I was going to ask about that.

Yes, apparently getting my tuma under a microscope isn't quite as urgent as was first suggested, since it can wait another week.

By Friday I'll be walking around with a lump the size of a watermelon in the middle of my face.

IUFG
02-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Yes, apparently getting my tuma under a microscope isn't quite as urgent as was first suggested, since it can wait another week.

By Friday I'll be walking around with a lump the size of a watermelon in the middle of my face.

Surgeon falls ill. Nose falls off.

Sorted.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-19-2019, 04:22 PM

But you do say "great white hope".

I do hate all these identity politics fückwits. All my black mates say black but the semi-literate student brigade jumped on some posh English actor, who was actually trying to help, for saying "coloured" when they wanted "persons of colour" despite the fact that the biggest black rights org in the west is the NAACP where C stands for coloured.

It's all about finding something to take offence over, and it achieves nothing.

If they just took a fraction of the time they spend posting about being offended (and yes I know I'm being hypocritical) and did one hour's work at min wage, the tenner they could send to MSF or, I dunno, how 'bout a charity working with the Delhi street kids, would actually make the world a better place, and would be worthwhile them bragging about online.

The Insider
02-19-2019, 10:07 PM
But you do say "great white hope".

I do hate all these identity politics fückwits. All my black mates say black but the semi-literate student brigade jumped on some posh English actor, who was actually trying to help, for saying "coloured" when they wanted "persons of colour" despite the fact that the biggest black rights org in the west is the NAACP where C stands for coloured.

It's all about finding something to take offence over, and it achieves nothing.

If they just took a fraction of the time they spend posting about being offended (and yes I know I'm being hypocritical) and did one hour's work at min wage, the tenner they could send to MSF or, I dunno, how 'bout a charity working with the Delhi street kids, would actually make the world a better place, and would be worthwhile them bragging about online.

Where does all that leave the expression...'young, gifted and black'..something that I often refer to myself as, being none of them?

redgunamo
02-20-2019, 08:44 AM
The pressing thing is the need to grill Motty about just whyhe apologised, imo. That, after all, is what leads to this ****e; people being too cowardly to stand up for themselves.