PDA

View Full Version : Just had a chat with Mesut's cousin in the petrol station

Monty92
02-18-2019, 11:49 AM
who was filling up Mesut's Porsche in front of us.

He was extremely insistent that Ozil is going nowhere.

Asked if he meant until the summer, and he said "no, after that too, we stay, we stay!"

:shrug:

Burney
02-18-2019, 12:03 PM

Asked if he meant until the summer, and he said "no, after that too, we stay, we stay!"

So he either stays and doesn't play or leaves?

Splendid.

Monty92
02-18-2019, 12:07 PM

Splendid.

I must say, I've not often seen cousins who look so similar to each other :rubchin:

https://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2018/02/muslim-inbreeding-dragging-britain-back-to-the-19th-century/

7sisters
02-18-2019, 12:07 PM

Splendid.

He’s commitng himself towards * doing a pogba* Emery out ?

Ash
02-18-2019, 01:50 PM

Splendid.

He has a chance of staying longer than the manager tbh. Head Coach, whatevs.

The longer he's kept out of a crap team, the better he gets.

Sir C
02-18-2019, 01:54 PM

Do you have a view on Emery's performance, a, or do you prefer to give him more time before drawing conclusions?

WES
02-18-2019, 02:00 PM

Martin Samuel made this point on the Sunday morning journos thingy. When he was in the team he was regularly criticised for not working hard enough and disappearing in big games. Now that he's out of the team he's pretty achieved Maradonna/Pele status amongst a certain cross-section of the support. :hehe:

Personally, I think a chap being paid 350k a week to play football for the Arsenal should be able to find it within himself to play as the manager asks him to play. :nod:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
02-18-2019, 02:01 PM

Of course he is staying. Who in their right mind will take a 30 year old on £350K a week and is not in the team?

PSRB
02-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Of course he is staying. Who in their right mind will take a 30 year old on £350K a week and is not in the team?

A Chinese team, whether he'd go there or not, is a different matter

SWv2
02-18-2019, 02:05 PM

Of course "we stay". At a reported £300k per week why would you leave?

* which i see is exactly what ABR has just said up above.

SWv2
02-18-2019, 02:07 PM
Do you have a view on Emery's performance, a, or do you prefer to give him more time before drawing conclusions?

Would you not urge we judge him in May?

At this time we are in 5th place and still in Europe which without doing any research is probably where we were this time last year under Mr Wenger.

Sir C
02-18-2019, 02:12 PM
Would you not urge we judge him in May?

At this time we are in 5th place and still in Europe which without doing any research is probably where we were this time last year under Mr Wenger.

I was asking Ash's opinion, rather than expressing one.

I have judged nothing yet. :shrug: I am appalled at what he has done to the football club, but I'm waiting to see whether he is cracking eggs to make an omelette or whether he is simply out of his depth.

Burney
02-18-2019, 02:16 PM

I have judged nothing yet. :shrug: I am appalled at what he has done to the football club, but I'm waiting to see whether he is cracking eggs to make an omelette or whether he is simply out of his depth.

That is the odd thing. I can perceive no clear plan. If he'd sacrificed flair to make us more defensively sound, I could at least understand that. But he hasn't. We're still distinctly sieve-like, with the additional bonus of also being worse to watch. :shrug:

Sir C
02-18-2019, 02:20 PM
That is the odd thing. I can perceive no clear plan. If he'd sacrificed flair to make us more defensively sound, I could at least understand that. But he hasn't. We're still distinctly sieve-like, with the additional bonus of also being worse to watch. :shrug:

Alienating our two best players, playing three different systems in each game, failing to choose the correct first Xl and consistently having to change it at half-time; looked at in the plain light of day, these things are truly damning, but clearly he had some success with Sevilla, and once must imaging he actually passed his coaching badges, so we can only wait patiently to see whether there is some masterplan hidden amongst what at first glance looks like rank incompetence.

WES
02-18-2019, 02:23 PM
Alienating our two best players, playing three different systems in each game, failing to choose the correct first Xl and consistently having to change it at half-time; looked at in the plain light of day, these things are truly damning, but clearly he had some success with Sevilla, and once must imaging he actually passed his coaching badges, so we can only wait patiently to see whether there is some masterplan hidden amongst what at first glance looks like rank incompetence.

Not many were accusing him of rank incompetence when we went 22 games without loss and pasted Spurs while playing fantastic football.

It wasn't that long ago, you know. :shrug:

Sir C
02-18-2019, 02:26 PM
Not many were accusing him of rank incompetence when we went 22 games without loss and pasted Spurs while playing fantastic football.

"... so we can only wait patiently to see whether there is some masterplan hidden amongst what at first glance looks like rank incompetence."

Burney
02-18-2019, 02:31 PM
"... so we can only wait patiently to see whether there is some masterplan hidden amongst what at first glance looks like rank incompetence."

It wasn't until December that we led a game at half time. That alone suggests there was something seriously wrong with team selection.

Ash
02-18-2019, 02:33 PM

He should definitely be given time before conclusions are drawn, including hopefully a couple of transfer windows with backing. So far some interim assessments have been sketched, and the shape of those are somewhat disappoint and underwhelm.

Results have been slightly better in the league this season compared to last but performances have not been much better overall, and the football is even harder to watch - to the point that I really enjoyed the weekend without us in the 5th round.

If it is his 'tactical' decision to leave Mezut Öut of a team playing this dull and lifeless 5-0-5, and not give him the chance of a run of games that might help his form then ... meh. On the other hand he has inherited an unbalanced squad and lost three important players for the season.

Sir C
02-18-2019, 02:35 PM
He should definitely be given time before conclusions are drawn, including hopefully a couple of transfer windows with backing. So far some interim assessments have been sketched, and the shape of those are somewhat disappoint and underwhelm.

Results have been slightly better in the league this season compared to last but performances have not been much better overall, and the football is even harder to watch - to the point that I really enjoyed the weekend without us in the 5th round.

If it is his 'tactical' decision to leave Mezut Öut of a team playing this dull and lifeless 5-0-5, and not give him the chance of a run of games that might help his form then ... meh. On the other hand he has inherited an unbalanced squad and lost three important players for the season.

Thank you. Pretty much my position on the matter.

Burney
02-18-2019, 02:41 PM

This sort of balanced, non-partisan and entirely rational assessment of his performance is very much against the spirit of football fandom, a. :-(

You haven't even called for anyone to be sacked or told someone they need to get a new hobby. Play the game, ffs!

IUFG
02-18-2019, 02:49 PM

let us not forget

https://media.giphy.com/media/2ALKm3dAwTD2Q4OBwh/giphy.gif

Burney
02-18-2019, 02:50 PM
let us not forget

The last twitch of our vestigial Wengerism, iufg. Doubtless Emery hated it and vowed at that moment to stamp such things out forever.

Sir C
02-18-2019, 02:51 PM
let us not forget

Ah yes, a pure Wenger goal, made and scored by, well, some bloke Emery seems to have discarded.

IUFG
02-18-2019, 02:52 PM
The last twitch of our vestigial Wengerism, iufg. Doubtless Emery hated it and vowed at that moment to stamp such things out forever.

I'm sure I heard a stat somewhere that The Arsenal are the stingiest team in the league at conceding goals from corners and / or free kicks.

My word!

IUFG
02-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Ah yes, a pure Wenger goal, made and scored by, well, some bloke Emery seems to have discarded.

I'd discard him if he wanted £300k a week, tbh

Burney
02-18-2019, 02:56 PM
I'm sure I heard a stat somewhere that The Arsenal are the stingiest team in the league at conceding goals from corners and / or free kicks.

My word!

We also have the highest number of goals conceded of any team in the top six (indeed, we're 10th highest overall), so you'll forgive me if I refrain from coming in my pants just yet.

Tony C
02-18-2019, 02:59 PM
Having reflected on the Bate game I believe there’s been a massive over reaction.

Sh*t happens.

Cech is useless, Mustafi is hot garbage, Kos is all washed up (yeah he was stunning vs Chelsea but they showed with no strikers), Lacazette was unlucky as I saw no connection between his elbow and the lad’s face, Mhkitaryan’s time is up and Suarez or Willock should start ahead of him, the pitch was desperate and let’s be fair they’ve won their league 13 years on the bounce...they are no ones mugs imo

There’s also some history here...they crushed Bayern 3-1 in the Champions league a few years back only for Bayern to go on and win the tournament so hopefully we’ll have a similar wake up call although given our defence and no away goals I wouldn’t exactly call it a certainty.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-18-2019, 03:00 PM

Splendid.

Well, hopefully Dick will be gone in the summer. Pity it'll be too late to keep Rambo. Let AW manage the MF and attack and put GG in charge of the back 5. Simples.

Burney
02-18-2019, 03:06 PM
Well, hopefully Dick will be gone in the summer. Pity it'll be too late to keep Rambo. Let AW manage the MF and attack and put GG in charge of the back 5. Simples.

Personally, I think the failure to clone AW Boys From Brazil style in the 21 years we had him was criminal.

He'd just be reaching maturity now. :cry:

SWv2
02-18-2019, 03:12 PM

You big fúcking drama queen.

Sir C
02-18-2019, 03:17 PM
You big fúcking drama queen.

Would you be kind enough to give me a definitive list of words and phrases which are acceptable to you?

You'll notice I have refrained from calling you names, such as small-minded bigoted thick Paddy. That is because I am fundamentally a better person than you. #wes

SWv2
02-18-2019, 03:23 PM
Would you be kind enough to give me a definitive list of words and phrases which are acceptable to you?

You'll notice I have refrained from calling you names, such as small-minded bigotyed thick Paddy. That is because I am fundamentally a better person than you. #wes

Oh come on Dutch ffs.

"I am appalled at what he has done to the football club".

He has a massive job of rebuilding to do and it would appear from the outside to be one where frictions and issues within the club hierarchy are not helping. In his short period the man who employed him has walked as has another man who made up the 3 man panel to select him.

The club as an entity is in a bit of a fúcking mess and to be honest given some of the injuries he is dealing with he has done a sterling job to have us even in contention for 4th which we are.

The Ozil situation is a mess and probably one of his making. The Ramsey one less so.

I take all you have said about the lack or apparent absence of a plan and will agree with you, but it is so early in his management to be setting off flares of alarm just yet.

Patience is key here as we have probably another 12 months before we know if he is looking like a succesful appointment or not.

Monty92
02-18-2019, 03:23 PM
For the record, I’m very much with you on this.

I’d be entirely happy giving him at least two more seasons’ grace, regardless of how the rest of this one pans out.

People who are questioning him at this point are as contemptuous as anyone who turned on Wenger.

Sir C
02-18-2019, 03:25 PM
For the record, I’m very much with you on this.

I’d be entirely happy giving him at least two more seasons’ grace, regardless of how the rest of this one pans out.

People who are questioning him at this point are as contemptuous as anyone who turned on Wenger.

I'm guessing you mean 'contemptible'.

Thick, big-nosed ****.

Burney
02-18-2019, 03:26 PM

You'll notice I have refrained from calling you names, such as small-minded bigoted thick Paddy. That is because I am fundamentally a better person than you. #wes

Even if he has an omelette, I bet it won't be baveuse. It'll be one of those awful American things you could sole your shoe with.

IUFG
02-18-2019, 03:28 PM
We also have the highest number of goals conceded of any team in the top six (indeed, we're 10th highest overall), so you'll forgive me if I refrain from coming in my pants just yet.

We are severley handicapped by having to field one Skhodran Mustafi with alarming regularity, b.

Shirley you can cut Emery some slack for that..?

Sir C
02-18-2019, 03:31 PM
Oh come on Dutch ffs.

"I am appalled at what he has done to the football club".

He has a massive job of rebuilding to do and it would appear from the outside to be one where frictions and issues within the club hierarchy are not helping. In his short period the man who employed him has walked as has another man who made up the 3 man panel to select him.

The club as an entity is in a bit of a fúcking mess and to be honest given some of the injuries he is dealing with he has done a sterling job to have us even in contention for 4th which we are.

The Ozil situation is a mess and probably one of his making. The Ramsey one less so.

I take all you have said about the lack or apparent absence of a plan and will agree with you, but it is so early in his management to be setting off flares of alarm just yet.

Patience is key here as we have probably another 12 months before we know if he is looking like a succesful appointment or not.

The club is in a bit of a mess, I agree, and that's far from his fault. What I object to is the utter bóllocks we are seeing on the pitch most games. I'd rather watch MK Dons than us at the moment - and within recent memory, even when we weren't winning trophies, we were the hot ticket in town. People wanted to watch The Arsenal. People admired the way The Arsenal played football. Now the way The Arsenal play football is like Stoke without the fighting spirit. I repeat, I don't know yet if that's because he's a rubbish coach or because he is destroying to rebuild, but he has ruined the way we play and that offends me.

IUFG
02-18-2019, 03:38 PM
The club is in a bit of a mess, I agree, and that's far from his fault. What I object to is the utter bóllocks we are seeing on the pitch most games. I'd rather watch MK Dons than us at the moment - and within recent memory, even when we weren't winning trophies, we were the hot ticket in town. People wanted to watch The Arsenal. People admired the way The Arsenal played football. Now the way The Arsenal play football is like Stoke without the fighting spirit. I repeat, I don't know yet if that's because he's a rubbish coach or because he is destroying to rebuild, but he has ruined the way we play and that offends me.

to be honest, sc, that stopped about 5 years ago.

Yes we scored the ocassional wonder-goal but we haven't played 'sexy football' for years.

The club level passes at work were always for entertaining customers; and from about 5 seasons ago we could not give the fúckers away. We still can't. And, there are regularly empty seats (including some of ours) around us.
The only time there is any demand for them is when we play both Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Chelsea and them. And maybe West Ham.

Sir C
02-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Even if he has an omelette, I bet it won't be baveuse. It'll be one of those awful American things you could sole your shoe with.

I'm currently all about the crispy Thai omelette. With mussels. Where you kind of deep-fry the beaten egg. #chillisauce

Viva Prat Vegas
02-18-2019, 03:44 PM
IUFG "to be honest, sc, that stopped about 5 years ago.

Yes we scored the occasional wonder-goal but we haven't played 'sexy football' for years."

:nod:
That
(Apart from your spelling of the word 'occasional' which I have now corrected

SWv2
02-18-2019, 03:45 PM

I can only guess there is a lot more to it than we all know.

A top level manager so bereft of apparent creativity yet he is being seen as going out of his way to exclude Ozil. Only once (Bournemouth away I think) has he made any utterance which could be perceived as negative about the German, the rest of the time we have been fed a litany of reasons related to illness and / or injury.

I am fúcked if I know what is going on but a manager being so obtuse in his team selection makes no sense to me and as such I have to believe other issues are at play.

Thing is Ozil is getting, and with respect to his Tweet over the weekend, making the headlines here but personally I see Emery’s biggest issue and the one that is causing me most annoyance is the defence and the general feeling of “what the fúck is going on”. Back 4, back 3, back 5. None of them really working and you generally don’t know what to expect when you look at a team announcement game on game.

The Ramsey issue where perhaps other players who are remaining with the club are being “prioritised” I can fully understand.

WES
02-18-2019, 04:17 PM

This is utter nonsense, we play nothing like Stoke and at times this year have played some of the best football I have seen in years. And if there is anything different this year on the pitch it is that we never capitulate. Even against Liverpool, down 5-1 with a few minutes remaining, we were endless pushing forward. Partly this is because we are clearly fitter, partly this is because of the style Unai wants us to play. Either way, the head down capitulations of the past few seasons under Wenger seem to have stopped.

wd Unai Emery

Tony C
02-18-2019, 04:19 PM
One issue that needs to be cleared up is his injury situation and if Unai has been possibly protecting him.

Seen all sorts of stories and rumours.

Apparently the main problem is his sciatica which has flared up to unbelievable levels this season. Rumour is it was so bad he was trapped on his sofa for an entire weekend. People only new after the club sent someone around on the Monday because he missed Training.

(According to soneone on 4chan) lol

John Bunnell
02-19-2019, 02:02 PM
Emery is shìte

WES
02-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Emery is shìte

Finally - conclusive proof that Unai is a top class manager.

And irrefutable proof, at that. Now we all know. :cloud9:

John Bunnell
02-19-2019, 02:06 PM
Finally - conclusive proof that Unai is a top class manager.

And irrefutable proof, at that. Now we all know. :cloud9:

lul u wot m8