PDA

View Full Version : no more A380's then.

Pat Vegas
02-14-2019, 11:28 AM
I prefer Boeing :hide:

Though the Lufthansa hanger with 3 A380s in it that I visited was most enjoyable.
However their first class is not so wonderful.

Viva Prat Vegas
02-14-2019, 11:39 AM
You're turning into Sir C
:-(

WES
02-14-2019, 11:41 AM
Seat 26B, Air Emirates business class is like my home away from home :-(

Sir C
02-14-2019, 11:42 AM
I prefer Boeing :hide:

Though the Lufthansa hanger with 3 A380s in it that I visited was most enjoyable.
However their first class is not so wonderful.

The A380 is a fat, inelegant tub of lard. I, for one, will not mourn its passing.

IUFG
02-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Seat 26B, Air Emirates business class is like my home away from home :-(

Have you noticed that they are getting a bit stingy with the alcoholic drinks nowadays on Emirates flights?

Fewer cabin crew members? Tight bastárds.

IUFG
02-14-2019, 12:26 PM
The A380 is a fat, inelegant tub of lard. I, for one, will not mourn its passing.

An airplane is an airplane, sc

:fishing:

barrybueno
02-14-2019, 01:05 PM

A plane is a plane shirley? That'll hype him up.

Pat Vegas
02-14-2019, 01:50 PM

I find them all unpleasant :smokin:

SWv2
02-14-2019, 01:53 PM

It's a plane ffs.

Does one ever mourn a plane?

Sir C
02-14-2019, 01:58 PM
It's a plane ffs.

Does one ever mourn a plane?

You're being quite literal there, sw. Language has nuance, you know.

Surely anyone with an interest in aviation might feel a pang of regret at the passing of something as beautiful as, for example, the VC10? I appreciate that you have no such interest and consider anyone who fails to think identically to you as somehow wrong or inferior, but somewhere inside you must be able to acknowldege such a possibility? No?

SWv2
02-14-2019, 02:08 PM
You're being quite literal there, sw. Language has nuance, you know.

Surely anyone with an interest in aviation might feel a pang of regret at the passing of something as beautiful as, for example, the VC10? I appreciate that you have no such interest and consider anyone who fails to think identically to you as somehow wrong or inferior, but somewhere inside you must be able to acknowldege such a possibility? No?

Two things.

I don't actually know exactly what a VC10 is, I assume a big plane and secondly the statement above is possibly the most inaccurate thing you have ever said on here.

I think of no person as inferior to me, never have.

I simply fail to grasp how a person may mourn the loss of a plane, or a car as another example - even when one has an interest in said things.

Sir C
02-14-2019, 02:19 PM
Two things.

I don't actually know exactly what a VC10 is, I assume a big plane and secondly the statement above is possibly the most inaccurate thing you have ever said on here.

I simply fail to grasp how a person may mourn the loss of a plane, or a car as another example - even when one has an interest in said things.

The fault here would appear to lie with your lack of imagination, I'm afraid.

Ash
02-14-2019, 02:32 PM
I don't actually know exactly what a VC10 is,

Clash, innit. :music: "I'm flying in on a DC10 tonight" :music:

Oh, that's DC10.

I expect they all piss in the same pot tbh.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Two things.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the swivel eyed old brexopath here s. The VC10, four big fúck off engines ON THE TAIL made it somehow majestic looking. A sort E-Type of jet planes.

SWv2
02-14-2019, 02:49 PM
I'm afraid I have to agree with the swivel eyed old brexopath here s. The VC10, four big fúck off engines ON THE TAIL made it somehow majestic looking. A sort E-Type of jet planes.

You see to me a plane is something you step onto (or into), take your seat, maybe have a beer, get off an hour or a couple of hours later. I could not give two fúcks how many engines it has hanging out the back.

A functional piece of machinery, albeit a magnificent feat of engineering, that serves a purpose.

Kind of like a car, but without the boot space for the big shop.