PDA

View Full Version : I've taken to writing business emails in a formal,

Sir C
02-11-2019, 01:27 PM
almost Victorian style - the way one used to write business letters when I started work in the 80s, really.

"We trust that the above and attached are to your approval and look forward to receiving the favour of your valued further instructions." That sort of thing.

No one's commented on this yet. There must be some people out there scratching their heads, wondering why they're doing business with a character out of a Dickens novel.

IUFG
02-11-2019, 01:31 PM
almost Victorian style - the way one used to write business letters when I started work in the 80s, really.

"We trust that the above and attached are to your approval and look forward to receiving the favour of your valued further instructions." That sort of thing.

No one's commented on this yet. There must be some people out there scratching their heads, wondering why they're doing business with a character out of a Dickens novel.

though the one I received off you was somewhat sullied by you using "Hiya" as the salutation.

Burney
02-11-2019, 01:33 PM

I find I do this with lawyers and accountants, but no-one else.

Sir C
02-11-2019, 01:47 PM
though the one I received off you was somewhat sullied by you using "Hiya" as the salutation.

:nod: And that killer first line: "Hope your well."

Sir C
02-11-2019, 01:48 PM
I find I do this with lawyers and accountants, but no-one else.

Aren't you supposed to be in Yanquiland? Which bit are you going to?

Burney
02-11-2019, 01:51 PM
Aren't you supposed to be in Yanquiland? Which bit are you going to?

I’m here. It’s Dallas. I’ve just had breakfast. Couldn’t face the grits.

It’s fùcking cold here and I went to the Texas Book Suppository yesterday.
Bòllocks was Oswald the only shooter imo. Going there has convinced me.

Sir C
02-11-2019, 02:18 PM

I thopught it was hot in Texas? Bloody Americans can't make their minds up.

Here's the thing about the killing of JFK which it has taken me a whole lifetime to realise: I don't give a fúck who shot him. IT'S NOT MY BEEF!

Burney
02-11-2019, 02:25 PM
I thopught it was hot in Texas? Bloody Americans can't make their minds up.

Here's the thing about the killing of JFK which it has taken me a whole lifetime to realise: I don't give a fúck who shot him. IT'S NOT MY BEEF!

Nor mine, really. Never given much of a toss either way. But seeing where his position was supposed to have been, it just didn’t make any sense. Why would he choose to take incredibly difficult shots at a target driving away from him while having to lean awkwardly out of a window rather than simply take the much easier, front-on shot as the car was heading up Houston before it had made the left turn onto Elm? Doesn’t make any sense.
And that’s before we get into just how good a shot he’d have had to have been to hit Kennedy.

Sir C
02-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Nor mine, really. Never given much of a toss either way. But seeing where his position was supposed to have been, it just didn’t make any sense. Why would he choose to take incredibly difficult shots at a target driving away from him while having to lean awkwardly out of a window rather than simply take the much easier, front-on shot as the car was heading up Houston before it had made the left turn onto Elm? Doesn’t make any sense.
And that’s before we get into just how good a shot he’d have had to have been to hit Kennedy.

In short, it's a conspirass?

I heard the queen did it, but she was in lizard form at the time, it was all to do with faking the moon landings and Elvis shooting Paul McCartney on the steps of his apartment building in New York that time.

Luis Anaconda
02-11-2019, 02:38 PM

I'm ghost-writing a email from someone to Kobe Bryant*. Is this the sort of language one should use these days?

*B's in America - he can explain who Kobe Bryant is

Sir C
02-11-2019, 02:44 PM
I'm ghost-writing a email from someone to Kobe Bryant*. Is this the sort of language one should use these days?

Indubitably. 'Pon my honour, Sir, your missive to Mr or Mrs Bryant simply must display the sublimity of that most opulent of languages, viz, English.

WES
02-11-2019, 02:46 PM

He's a baller. Kobe, not Burney. Or was anyway. Both of them. So to speak.

'Thanking you in advance for your attention to this matter'

Anyone who writes this deserves a painful death imo.

Burney
02-11-2019, 02:49 PM

I believe him to be a large, rapey, black gentleman, la. Is that correct?

Luis Anaconda
02-11-2019, 02:56 PM
He's a baller. Kobe, not Burney. Or was anyway. Both of them. So to speak.

'Thanking you in advance for your attention to this matter'

Anyone who writes this deserves a painful death imo.
For once I agree with you

Luis Anaconda
02-11-2019, 02:56 PM
I believe him to be a large, rapey, black gentleman, la. Is that correct?
Something like that - though it was never proven

Ash
02-11-2019, 03:20 PM
In short, it's a conspirass?

I heard the queen did it, but she was in lizard form at the time, it was all to do with faking the moon landings and Elvis shooting Paul McCartney on the steps of his apartment building in New York that time.

Of course, it was the CIA itself who invented the pejorative term "conspiracy theory" to be used against anyone questioning the official narrative of the shooting.

Pretty much proves they did it imo. :judge: #GeorgeBushDidIt

Burney
02-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Of course, it was the CIA itself who invented the pejorative term "conspiracy theory" to be used against anyone questioning the official narrative of the shooting.

Pretty much proves they did it imo. :judge: #GeorgeBushDidIt

I’ve no idea who did it or why (and don’t much care), but all I can tell you is that - having seen the layout - the official story makes very little logistical sense. :shrug:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-11-2019, 05:06 PM

believe that even a highly trained marksman could've got one into Kennedy's head from that window.

Burney
02-11-2019, 05:13 PM
believe that even a highly trained marksman could've got one into Kennedy's head from that window.

It’s all the wrong way around, h. The window is at the front top left as you look out. He’d have been in the worst possible position to make those two shots firing right-handed as the car was going away from him, narrowing the angle all the time. And we’re expected to believe he hit him twice? Balls imo.

PSRB
02-11-2019, 05:16 PM
It’s all the wrong way around, h. The window is at the front top left as you look out. He’d have been in the worst possible position to make those two shots firing right-handed as the car was going away from him, narrowing the angle all the time. And we’re expected to believe he hit him twice? Balls imo.

Has no highly trained marksman ever been allowed to look out that window and comment?

Burney
02-11-2019, 05:44 PM
Has no highly trained marksman ever been allowed to look out that window and comment?

Yes. As part of one of the inquiries, two of the FBI’s top marksmen were invited to repeat Oswald’s feat. Both failed.
So either it’s bòllocks or Lee was just the luckiest shot in the world.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-12-2019, 10:35 AM
Yes. As part of one of the inquiries, two of the FBI’s top marksmen were invited to repeat Oswald’s feat. Both failed.
So either it’s bòllocks or Lee was just the luckiest shot in the world.

Are Seprics actually good shots, though?

I mean, given their obsession with guns, they ought to win G, S and B in every Olympic shooting event but they barely get a medal.