PDA

View Full Version : Feels like spring, boys.

Sir C
02-11-2019, 10:54 AM
The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the sap in rising. In my younger days I would now be gearing up to achieve this year's sexytime.

Still. I have my memories.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-11-2019, 11:00 AM
The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the sap in rising. In my younger days I would now be gearing up to achieve this year's sexytime.

unsuspecting ramblers c. The last thing they will see is the sun reflecting off of your new stainless steel nose.

Ash
02-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Crocuses were out in Kennington Park on Saturday. Apparently that's what they are called. Purple things, mainly.

Temps above 10 degrees for the next two weeks as well. :thumbup:

Sir C
02-11-2019, 11:10 AM
Crocuses were out in Kennington Park on Saturday. Apparently that's what they are called. Purple things, mainly.

Temps above 10 degrees for the next two weeks as well. :thumbup:

v has been busy photographing some flowers which have appeared in the garden - I may have heard this term 'crocuses' but took no notice, naturally. 10 degrees is nice, but apparently it needs to hit 14 degrees before things really start to grow.

Luis Anaconda
02-11-2019, 11:20 AM

It's snowing outside, sir c

Ash
02-11-2019, 11:40 AM
v has been busy photographing some flowers which have appeared in the garden - I may have heard this term 'crocuses' but took no notice, naturally. 10 degrees is nice, but apparently it needs to hit 14 degrees before things really start to grow.

Well, we don't want the poor blighters thinking it's spring and popping their heads out only to have them frozen off in a late Feb mini ice age.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-11-2019, 11:42 AM

We’re going to have highs of 6’C this week! I’m hoping for a bit of a thawing. We’ve had about two feet of snow since the second week in January and I can’t be arsed with it anymore.

Sir C
02-11-2019, 11:47 AM
It's snowing outside, sir c

Foreign weather doesn't count la #brexit

Sir C
02-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Well, we don't want the poor blighters thinking it's spring and popping their heads out only to have them frozen off in a late Feb mini ice age.

I have stocked up on wood, coal and peat in expectation of a late February Beast from the East. If it fails to materialise I will be distressed.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-11-2019, 11:54 AM
I have stocked up on wood, coal and peat in expectation of a late February Beast from the East. If it fails to materialise I will be distressed.

You'll still need it for the post Brexit apocalypse

Ash
02-11-2019, 12:00 PM
You'll still need it for the post Brexit apocalypse

If you keep wishing for this apocalypse hard enough, you might even get it.