PDA

View Full Version : TV reviewimb:

Sir C
02-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Das Boot. The remake. Saw the fiurst one last night.

It's really good. I like how the German bits are in German, the French bits are in French, and the English bits are in English.

Watch it.

AFC East
02-08-2019, 10:38 AM

It's really good. I like how the German bits are in German, the French bits are in French, and the English bits are in English.

Watch it.

Have they turned it into a series?

Sir C
02-08-2019, 10:42 AM
Have they turned it into a series?

Oh yes, a series it is. Highly recommended.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-08-2019, 10:42 AM
The Guardian give it a good review so I'm expecting to see a few blue haired, lesbian, Wheelchair users commanding the U Boats.

Pat Vegas
02-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Watch it.

What medium will I find it on?

I seem to be paying out for all these things such as netflix and amazon

Sir C
02-08-2019, 10:46 AM
What medium will I find it on?

I seem to be paying out for all these things such as netflix and amazon

It's on the ordinary Sky, I think.

I've lost track of what I'm paying for. Sky, Amazon, Netflix, BT, jesus.

Sir C
02-08-2019, 10:47 AM
The Guardian give it a good review so I'm expecting to see a few blue haired, lesbian, Wheelchair users commanding the U Boats.

There were chicks with their teats out. I'm surprised the Guardian didn't object to that bit.

IUFG
02-08-2019, 10:55 AM
There were chicks with their teats out. I'm surprised the Guardian didn't object to that bit.

#freethenipple nothing wrong with the female (or any other) of the species getting their jugs out imo

Ash
02-08-2019, 11:10 AM

You have to pay for Jesus! :yikes:

That's left-footery for you, I'm afraid.

PSRB
02-08-2019, 12:01 PM

:nod: and Spotify, Tidal, etc. It's all getting rather messy!

SWv2
02-08-2019, 12:23 PM
TV Reviewwimb II:

Cold Feet.

Fúcking shíte.

Burney
02-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Watch it.

Nah. It’s got birds in. What are birds doing in Das Boot, ffs? Political correctness gone mad.

Sir C
02-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Nah. It’s got birds in. What are birds doing in Das Boot, ffs? Political correctness gone mad.

I like girls. But then I’m not a fag.

Burney
02-08-2019, 12:40 PM
I like girls. But then I’m not a fag.

If I’m watching Das Boot, I want popping rivets and pallid, sweaty, straggly-bearded krauts you can virtually smell shouting ‘ALARM!’ while being depth charged. I don’t want chicks getting in the way.

Sir C
02-08-2019, 12:46 PM
If I’m watching Das Boot, I want popping rivets and pallid, sweaty, straggly-bearded krauts you can virtually smell shouting ‘ALARM!’ while being depth charged. I don’t want chicks getting in the way.

Well don't watch it then.

Fúck me. Talk about a tough crowd.

Last night I tried to make pork balls. The porky centre was perfect but the batter just wasn't thick and bready enough.

Burney
02-08-2019, 12:50 PM
Well don't watch it then.

Fúck me. Talk about a tough crowd.

Last night I tried to make pork balls. The porky centre was perfect but the batter just wasn't thick and bready enough.

I’ve succeeded with chicken balls in the past. Most recipes suggest too much baking powder and too thin a batter. It really needs to be as stodgy as fùck. Also, garlic powder in the batter.

How did you get the pork authentically gristly?

SWv2
02-08-2019, 12:50 PM

Surely your average distressed Kraut will shout "HIMMEL!!" and on occasion "ACHTUNG!!".

You must have standards.

Sir C
02-08-2019, 12:51 PM
I’ve succeeded with chicken balls in the past. Most recipes suggest too much baking powder and too thin a batter. It really needs to be as stodgy as fùck. Also, garlic powder in the batter.

How did you get the pork authentically gristly?

I boiled it first, let it cool, the chopped it into gobbets.

Burney
02-08-2019, 12:53 PM
Surely your average distressed Kraut will shout "HIMMEL!!" and on occasion "ACHTUNG!!".

You must have standards.

This was certainly what I was led to believe by the Commando and Victor comics I grew up with.

Whereas when shot, blown up or bayoneted, your Japanese will invariably say ‘Aieeeee!’

Burney
02-08-2019, 12:55 PM
I boiled it first, let it cool, the chopped it into gobbets.

I’ve come to realise that all I actually want from Chinese food is Singapore noodles, chicken balls with red gloop and ribs with brown gloop. Pretty much everything else is just filler.

IUFG
02-08-2019, 12:58 PM
I’ve come to realise that all I actually want from Chinese food is Singapore noodles, chicken balls with red gloop and ribs with brown gloop. Pretty much everything else is just filler.

chuck in Szechaun dishes and, of course, duck starters and you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there, b

Sir C
02-08-2019, 01:04 PM

Those things aren't really Chinese food though.

Also, you're forgetting things like those dumplings filled with gravy, and chicken noodle soup, and egg fried rice, and the roasted duck with the veneered skin. There's a place in Hong Kong that I've never managed to get to that does it with goose :cloud9:

Burney
02-08-2019, 01:07 PM
chuck in Szechaun dishes and, of course, duck starters and you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there, b

There was a time when I’d have included duck and pancakes on that list, but familiarity has bred contempt, I’m afraid. Sad, because I can still remember the sheer wonder of the first time I ate it in a restaurant in Oxford. It was my undisputed favourite food for about a decade.

IUFG
02-08-2019, 01:25 PM
There was a time when I’d have included duck and pancakes on that list, but familiarity has bred contempt, I’m afraid. Sad, because I can still remember the sheer wonder of the first time I ate it in a restaurant in Oxford. It was my undisputed favourite food for about a decade.

come back, b.

mmmmmm duck, hoisin sauce, little strips of cucumber and rubbery pancakes :salivate: :eat:

all washed down with 5 pints of :lager:

:cloud9:

SWv2
02-08-2019, 02:09 PM
This was certainly what I was led to believe by the Commando and Victor comics I grew up with.

Whereas when shot, blown up or bayoneted, your Japanese will invariably say ‘Aieeeee!’

Indeed, the word "Aieeeee" directly translating from Japanese into the English "bóllocks".