PDA

View Full Version : Arsene Wenger is a better man than you.

Sir C
02-07-2019, 09:23 AM
"Arsène Wenger is preparing to return to football and is set to take up one of four job offers within a month.

Wenger, 69, has told friends that he is missing the day-to-day involvement of working with players and is itching to return to a job in the game. The Frenchman parted company with Arsenal at the end of last season after 22 years as manager and has not worked since apart from occasionally as a TV pundit.

Wenger is still based in London but will not work for another club in the Premier League, believing that it would be disrespectful to Arsenal after all his years there. He is now considering four concrete job offers, one understood to be as director of football at Paris Saint-Germain, another as the head coach of a national team, and two from leading clubs in Europe."

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-07-2019, 09:43 AM
will not work for another club in the Premier League, believing that it would be disrespectful to Arsenal

anywhere near them.

IUFG
02-07-2019, 09:46 AM
"Arsène Wenger is preparing to return to football and is set to take up one of four job offers within a month.

Wenger, 69, has told friends that he is missing the day-to-day involvement of working with players and is itching to return to a job in the game. The Frenchman parted company with Arsenal at the end of last season after 22 years as manager and has not worked since apart from occasionally as a TV pundit.

Wenger is still based in London but will not work for another club in the Premier League, believing that it would be disrespectful to Arsenal after all his years there. He is now considering four concrete job offers, one understood to be as director of football at Paris Saint-Germain, another as the head coach of a national team, and two from leading clubs in Europe."

Let it go, Soppy Bóllocks...

Pokster
02-07-2019, 09:52 AM

The SFC said he would have another job by January..... so what happened eh???

Burney
02-07-2019, 09:54 AM

Surely we all knew he was a better man than us? :shrug: He's right up there with Jesus and Geoffrey Boycott in my book.

Sir C
02-07-2019, 09:54 AM
The SFC said he would have another job by January..... so what happened eh???

Notice how M. Wenger unfailingly treats others with respect and displays exemplary manners, no matter the provocation.

You, on the other hand, are a rude, ill-mannered vulgarian.

Allow me to refer you to my original post.

Sir C
02-07-2019, 09:59 AM
Surely we all knew he was a better man than us? :shrug: He's right up there with Jesus and Geoffrey Boycott in my book.

There is no harm in reminding these peasants that they used to have a role model; someone to whose standards they might aspire. They rejected Him and now swear allgiance to Senor Mediocrity. :-(

Pokster
02-07-2019, 10:01 AM
Notice how M. Wenger unfailingly treats others with respect and displays exemplary manners, no matter the provocation.

You, on the other hand, are a rude, ill-mannered vulgarian.

Allow me to refer you to my original post.

He's French sc, so not to be trusted... he used to be part of The Arsenal, he is now just another ex employee

Burney
02-07-2019, 10:12 AM
There is no harm in reminding these peasants that they used to have a role model; someone to whose standards they might aspire. They rejected Him and now swear allgiance to Senor Mediocrity. :-(

Did you know that in Basque, 'Unai Emery Etxegoien' means 'The Grass is not always greener - sometimes, in fact, it's mostly dogshít'?

True story.

SWv2
02-07-2019, 10:14 AM

Chinny reckon.

Still turning down all the biggest jobs in world football is Arsene.

Herbert Augustus Chapman

You wanted him gone some six years ago because you had become bored with him and Arsenal. Do you suppose people tormented Jebus because they were simply bored with him b?

Tony C
To be fair...when you got +£100m in the bank you can afford to be dignified, courteous and turn a blind eye to any negativity.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Did you know that in Basque, 'Unai Emery Etxegoien' means 'The Grass is not always greener - sometimes, in fact, it's mostly dogshít'?

True story.

Absolute bollox - the Etxegoien part translates almost exactly to "profound aversion to dentistry".

Burney
02-07-2019, 10:18 AM
You wanted him gone some six years ago because you had become bored with him and Arsenal. Do you suppose people tormented Jebus because they were simply bored with him b?

I did. Although I did admit at the time that there was no logical basis for my position whatsoever and that it was simply whim. Little did I know we'd replace him with someone who wasn't even interestingly terrible - just dreary, generic mediocrity.

As for Jesus, that was the Jews you see, h. They didn't do it because they were bored, they did it because they're evil.

redgunamo
02-07-2019, 10:19 AM
It will be fascinating to see where he goes. Does he feel he still has something left to prove, or will he be content to just place-hold somewhere at some middling club.

If he's missing the day-to day involvement with the likes of Wilsh and Jenks and #Welbz and all that sort then I think we can rule out any national team or Director of Neymar at PSG. And "leading clubs in Europe" includes practically anybody and everyone nowadays, doesn't it.

As I say, fascinating.

redgunamo
02-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Chinny reckon.

Still turning down all the biggest jobs in world football is Arsene.

I reckon that'll have been what the payoff was for.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-07-2019, 10:22 AM
No b, it was the Romans who crucified him. The Jews merely betrayed him. Probably defaulted on a loan with ruinous compound interest.

Burney
02-07-2019, 10:24 AM
No b, it was the Romans who crucified him. The Jews merely betrayed him. Probably defaulted on a loan with ruinous compound interest.

The Romans were just enforcing Judaic law, h. Can't blame 'em for that.

And to be fair, he was bang to rights.

Ash
02-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Does he feel he still has something left to prove?

Winning a European trophy would be a Thing, perhaps. Especially for someone who couldn't even win a League Cup.

Director of Neymar at PSG.

vg redg. At least qg.

redgunamo
02-07-2019, 11:07 AM

Celebrity role models are for losers with rubbish parents, imo.

Oh, I see what you mean. Carry on :homer:

redgunamo
02-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Thank you, A.

The thing is though, that any club with a chance at winning anything proper already has a decent manager. At least, they're unlikely to be wanting to appoint a new one in the next fortnight, you'd think.

Winning a European trophy would be a Thing, perhaps. Especially for someone who couldn't even win a League Cup.

vg redg. At least qg.

AFC East
02-07-2019, 11:16 AM

In my very different book, that’s Pol Pot territory.