PDA

View Full Version : I see Liam Neeson has made the mistake of admitting to an entirely comprehensible

Burney
02-05-2019, 12:33 PM
human emotion over the rape of a girlfriend, admitted his shame now at his feelings then and expected his words to be interpreted in a nuanced, intelligent and adult way.

Foolish.

Sir C
02-05-2019, 12:50 PM
human emotion over the rape of a girlfriend, admitted his shame now at his feelings then and expected his words to be interpreted in a nuanced, intelligent and adult way.

Foolish.

He’s straight up admitted to a thoughtcrime there b. Off to Room 101 with him.

Burney
02-05-2019, 12:54 PM
He’s straight up admitted to a thoughtcrime there b. Off to Room 101 with him.

Yes. What he’s done is articulate the fact that people often revert to their least admirable instincts in moments of extreme emotional stress.
How dare he?

Sir C
02-05-2019, 01:08 PM
Yes. What he’s done is articulate the fact that people often revert to their least admirable instincts in moments of extreme emotional stress.
How dare he?

I saw a brief video from a pair of brothers (in both senses) who considers the matter and decided, “You know what that makes him? Human.”

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:12 PM
I saw a brief video from a pair of brothers (in both senses) who considers the matter and decided, “You know what that makes him? Human.”

The strange thing is that in this ghastly society where people are forever being applauded for being emotionally honest (whatever the fùck that means), it would appear that people have forgotten that emotions can be negative and destructive.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:17 PM
No, nobody's forgotten anything. It's just that everyone has now taken sides.

The strange thing is that in this ghastly society where people are forever being applauded for being emotionally honest (whatever the fùck that means), it would appear that people have forgotten that emotions can be negative and destructive.

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Why do we have to 'like' everyone.

I hate all sorts of people.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:26 PM

When did you last tell somebody you hate them to their face?

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:28 PM

Do family members count?

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:29 PM
Do family members count?

Of course. In fact they ought to count double, like diving headers.

The sheer impotence of that emotional targeting is somehow heroic, epic.

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:30 PM

well I was racially abused at lunchtime actually. real story.

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:31 PM

This is an excellent point. Hatred is just as valid as love.

IUFG

Foolish.

madness to even admit it in this day and age, if truth be told

Ash
Ah, Mr Burnley. Copied from the other day, in case you didn't see it:

ISTR you don't mind a bit of Assyrian carving and winged bulls and so forth. If you've not had a look at the Ashurbanipal Exhibish at the British Museum then there are a few weeks left. It's jolly good.

https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/ashurbanipal.aspx

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:32 PM

it's easier by text.

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:35 PM
Ah, Mr Burnley. Copied from the other day, in case you didn't see it:

ISTR you don't mind a bit of Assyrian carving and winged bulls and so forth. If you've not had a look at the Ashurbanipal Exhibish at the British Museum then there are a few weeks left. It's jolly good.

https://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/exhibitions/ashurbanipal.aspx

Yes. I do fancy a crack at that. Thank you, a. I’m in the US all next week, so it might be nice to come back and appreciate something really fùcking old, if you know what I mean.

I love how unashamedly vicious the Assyrians were. Fine bunch of lads.

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:36 PM
Of course. In fact they ought to count double, like diving headers.

The sheer impotence of that emotional targeting is somehow heroic, epic.

Do you know that Sir C doesn’t really appreciate a powerfully-headed goal? Odd, but there you are.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:37 PM
it's easier by text.

There you are then. If you're going to be a homo about it then you deserve to feel you "have" to "like" everyone, imo. You can't complain.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:38 PM
Do you know that Sir C doesn’t really appreciate a powerfully-headed goal? Odd, but there you are.

No, I didn't know but I would've suspected as much.

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 01:42 PM
They loved their coursing too. Be sure to ask them about hounds.

it might be nice to come back and appreciate something really fùcking old, if you know what I mean.

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:43 PM
No, I didn't know but I would've suspected as much.

Imagine seeing the ball whipped in from the byline and met with a bullet header and not feeling a visceral thrill, though? :-(

Did Jeff Astle die in vain?

Ash
02-05-2019, 01:47 PM
well I was racially abused at lunchtime actually. real story.

Ooh, did someone call you a moose-phucker?

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:49 PM

‘The Assyrian came down like a wolf on the gold,
And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold’

Do they still teach that in schools? Do they teach anything?

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:49 PM

Isn’t f ginger? That’s not racial abuse.

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:50 PM

No it's very strange. Exited Robert Dyas and Gentleman came up to me and said what's up cracker? which is odd as I am not in 'The South'

Perhaps instead he was calling me Robbie Coltrane

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:51 PM
Isn’t f ginger? That’s not racial abuse.

One of Awimb's great inaccuracies.

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:55 PM
One of Awimb's great inaccuracies.

Nothing a quick shot of your pubes couldn’t rectify, f. :shrug:

Pat Vegas
02-05-2019, 01:56 PM
Nothing a quick shot of your pubes couldn’t rectify, f. :shrug:

What's your snap?

actually perhaps I have had an early midlife crisis. I had bleached my hair a few months ago :-(
and I dress in designer gear.

Burney
02-05-2019, 01:57 PM
No it's very strange. Exited Robert Dyas and Gentleman came up to me and said what's up cracker? which is odd as I am not in 'The South'

Perhaps instead he was calling me Robbie Coltrane

‘Cracker’ seems quite affectionate, tbh.
I think of it the way Chef used to say it to the lads in South Park.
‘Heeeeyyyy, lil’ crackers!’

redgunamo
02-05-2019, 02:01 PM
‘The Assyrian came down like a wolf on the gold,
And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold’

Do they still teach that in schools? Do they teach anything?

I don't think so. My boys only really know it from reading Wodehouse. In fairness, they don't seem to actually go to school all that often. Far too busy.

Ash
02-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Yes. I do fancy a crack at that. Thank you, a. I’m in the US all next week, so it might be nice to come back and appreciate something really fùcking old, if you know what I mean.

There's lots of smiting, sieging, flaying, head-chopping-and-making-others-wear-the-heads-around-the-neck, and more lion hunts than you can shake a bloody spear at. Any nation 'offending' the king and their gods with disobedience was fair game. Sounds rather familiar to me, but that's Manifest Destiny for you, I suppose. #Monroe

Then there's a library of cuneiform books, sphynxes, winged lions and so on, and the whole thing is beautifully lit.

Ash
02-05-2019, 02:10 PM

:nod: Yes, the hounds got a go on the lions too. I'm surprised there are any lions left tbh, between them and the Romans.

Ash
02-05-2019, 02:12 PM
I don't think so. My boys only really know it from reading Wodehouse. In fairness, they don't seem to actually go to school all that often. Far too busy.

That's understandable. I didn't much at their age either.

Rich
02-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Imagine seeing the ball whipped in from the byline and met with a bullet header and not feeling a visceral thrill, though? :-(

Did Jeff Astle die in vain?

I love them. The sort where the keeper leaps into the air with arms flailing; no idea where the ball might be. It's all in vain & the ball has hit the back of the net before he leaves the ground.

Lovely stuff.

PSRB
02-05-2019, 05:06 PM

Foolish.

Sky's Twitter headline: Sky Data poll: 44% think Liam Neeson was right to admit he wanted to kill black person

Might want to add a little bit of context there :rolleyes:

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
02-07-2019, 09:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St9uK-w0TLM